Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:55 AM
petey3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .........

Philly, that is a HDX450SE v5 head. Put it on last spring and love it. I got the tail to match it both are great.

Biker, your reasoning is sound. I am going to have to investigate further.

Thank You.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 AM
aircrash

You can use a Belt CP X frame that has the servos Direct to Swash (DTS)mounted.
No mods whatsoever, nice and clean.

Although I have a Belt-CPV2 (converted to X), a Belt-CP X, a Blade 450 I try to fly (with no success yet) a much cheaper helicopter, a $9 450 clone.
It costs me less to worry although the Belt-CP can have cheap parts. The clone`s parts are even cheaper.
When I manage to fly it then I`ll procceed to the Belt-CP X and then to the Blade 450, as the later has too costly parts.
I would not worry that much if I did not crashed a lot though.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM
biker dude

Hey Aircrash...where did you get a 450 clone from for $9? I've been looking for a cheap one.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 AM
aircrash

Here`s the shop: http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001224782
Depending on how many you`ll get the final price, plus postage, will vary. But for around $20 shipped it is enough inexpensive to worry if it crashes.
Its frame is fiberglass and the head and tail is made from plastic. And it is a V1 head, meaning it has 3mm feathering shaft, which is more expensive than a 4mm shaft.
Not much problem if you think that you get all those stuff for this price.

The problem with the Belt-CP or Blade 450 is not the RTF price. But the part`s prices.
As if you add all the electronics, battery, canopy, blades, etc, making this "$9" kit into an RTF then you`ll see that the Belt-CP is nicely priced.
The problem is the parts that cost a lot more.
Esky should had better prices.
E-flite should had way better prices than those they have now.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:52 PM
petey3

Biker Dude thanks for the recomendation. I went with the EXI 450. You were right it has everything that I wanted to make mine into and it was about the same price. I had secretely been thinking that I would eventually have to switch to a differant frame. Don't worry though I still have a HBK to keep the esky blood there. Now hopefully it will arrive soon and I can start moving everything over and resetting all the linkages again. One thing that I have definately learned is how to set up my linkages. I have decided that I am better at fixing than flying so far.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:11 PM
phillyD

ORIGINAL: petey3

Biker Dude thanks for the recomendation. I went with the EXI 450. You were right it has everything that I wanted to make mine into and it was about the same price. I had secretely been thinking that I would eventually have to switch to a differant frame. Don't worry though I still have a HBK to keep the esky blood there. Now hopefully it will arrive soon and I can start moving everything over and resetting all the linkages again. One thing that I have definately learned is how to set up my linkages. I have decided that I am better at fixing than flying so far.
That is a plus my dear Sir that is a plus
Old 03-04-2012, 05:03 AM
biker dude

Hi Petey, Glad to hear that. Just make sure that you Lock-tight EVERYTHING! they come put together but you will have to unscrew all the frame screws and lock-tight them. Once you get it all set up you will find it VERY stable in the air. I've flown mine in 14 mph winds with no problems.
Also...if you haven't got one on your Belt cp that you can swap over, get yourself an Align tail rotor as soon as you can. They are the best for the job. The EXI tail rotors are cheap and break after a while.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 PM
petey3

Just got an email. My package should be here tomorrow. Unfortunately I wont be able to start the work on it untill thursday night. To much going on at work. I'm not in a huge hurry anyways my new gyro should be showing up later on in the week anyways. I will definately have to start with loc tite on everything. I learned that lesson early on when I spun up a new head and a screw flew out at 2/3 throttle. Never found it, but it did scare me bouncing all over the place. Now loc tite is never more than an arms length away when working on any bird.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM
aircrash

After so long time I finally started converting the Belt-CPV2 to CPX.
I hope I finish it soon.
I`ll use the V2 head although I have a couple CPXtoo. As I want to keep them as spare.
And I`ll use the DX6i radio. All other stock Esky.

Ihope it gets in the air soon enough.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57595.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	1739507  
Old 03-19-2012, 05:58 PM
phillyD

Ok Bro
Keeping an eye on you. As a matter of fact I just repaired one for someone(a non flier who got it as a gift) and is still in my house.
Cheerio
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
phillyD

Ok BroKeeping an eye on you. As a matter of fact I just repaired one for someone(a non flier who got it as a gift) and is still in my house.Cheerio
Old 03-19-2012, 06:07 PM
phillyD

Ok BroKeeping an eye on you. As a matter of fact I just repaired one for someone(a non flier who got it as a gift) and is still in my house.Cheerio
Old 03-20-2012, 06:36 AM
petey3

Mine is almost switched over to CPX. I am just waiting on a new motor and ESC should be any day now. I used my HDX 450SE V5 head and tail and all my servos. Just got to checking my pitch last night and I am at -10 and +5. Got to check the settings on my DX6i and them possible adjust my head a bit. I do like the EXI frame. It was easy to put it all together. Hope to have it up and flying this weekend.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:29 PM
phillyD

Ok was having a problem posting you can see from triple post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:51 AM
aircrash

I upgraded the Belt-CPV2 to CPXframe, kept the V2 head, and to an Orange RX610 so I can use my DX6i.
All other stock.
Did not made much effort on radio settings or fine tuning. Except of perfect swashplate leveling using both the subtrim and the "travel adjustment" on the DX6i. I did not messed with the gyro gain or the tail slider at all. Just set it somewhere and flew it.

Pitch is +/- 7 degrees (as per manual and per it was before) and cyclic pitch is 4 degrees (but used 90 dual rates to start with).

Iinstalled the white paddles and fins as I do not want to break the green or the blue ones. Later it will get cosmetic improvement.

Actually it is not set perfectly as I paid the least attention but still it seems it flies good considering it`s the maiden flight and that I`m not really experienced (10 attempts on CP birds generally).
I was nervous too and as well interrupted by people coming by or even cars...

Here it is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWM_3CyoLzI[/youtube]
Old 04-15-2012, 05:28 AM
phillyD

Very Nice Sir very nice
That heli is very light and is a little hard to control. At the point you are at now you have hover just abut anything. Maybe some positive expo will help with the sensitivity of the heli. Also I don't know the pitch curve values you have but those must have been some real panic landings when interruptions were approaching. LOLNice flight.
Cheers
Philip
Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 AM
phillyD

Strewth..I can't believe the whole ESKY forum is silent for so long. maybe there is enough info for all questions to be answered
Old 04-24-2014, 04:35 PM
beltlover

Hi to ALL on this forum! Just joined and yes Im a newbie but really wanting to learn...I have a full size belt CP with a DX8,the belt have a spektrum 6 channel receiver,just got the DX8 and really need settings to program it,Ive never flown this heli(except a LOT on sim)and really want to get into scale flying so I need scale settings,it does have the metal upgraded head and tail (which I have not put on yet)right now the flybar is toast and (because I fired it up the other night,thank GOD I had the main blades off)the belt is not turning the tail rotor,when I spooled it up it swung sideways for a sec and the tail blades got caught up in a sheet! Thinking its the belt gear??? Anyway thanks for any help I can get!