Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:15 PM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

NICE!! I like the prices you listed for those parts. Is that from helidirect or another vendor, I want do do the same things to my unfinished CF build!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:50 PM
crashinbash

Well after 4 and half months my luck finally ran out, I had my first crash today and boy was it a duzy!! I would have had it all on camera but my dad forgot to push the on button!![]
There was a ton of damage, I was trying to do reverse angel forward flight towards me and a gust of wind threw me off and out of control SMASH into the curb. The Hilarious thing is as you can see in the pictures, the main blades look untouched, the mainshaft is still perfectly straight and it's the head assembly that blue to smithereens like butter. How crazy is that.
Broke:
Canopy
aileron servo
bent tail boom
broke 1 landing skid
broke main head
broke both dual plastic pitch link
broke pitch slider links
scraped tail blades beyond further use

And to think I was just about to put in an order for hop up parts this morning. I'm glad I waited. Here's some pic's of the of the crazy damage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36851.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	797733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50161.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	797734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79384.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	797735  
Old 11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Druss

yep, everything I listed was from heli direct. I've seen better prices for the cnc head upgrade other places but helidirect was the only place in NA that I could find with those particular upgrades.

I'll take pictures of my build as I go and keep everyone up to date.

P.S. If you check the twf site they also have the cnc control arm and slider for the tail listed, they aren't out yet but I've got one of my suppliers keeping an eye out for me.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM
STEVESRCWORLD
My Feedback: (23)

hello all,

i have been flying planes for years. big one's 42% and have been flying a blade cx for a while now. would one of the belt-cp's be a good choice for my next heli? it seem's that the walkers heli's are junk because of there electronics. are the electronics on this heli better? or do i need to go larger? what is the next size up from this one? thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Druss

the belt cp is a nice economical choice for the size that it is. belt driven tail, brushless motor/esc. the stock electronics while better than walkera are not up to the standards of futaba, hitec or JR though.

Depends on what you're looking for, if it's an RTF heli then it's a good choice for $200, if you want to build yourself then a trex 450se v2 is a great heli (there are also many imitations that you can find for much cheaper) but you're looking at $700 for a well equipement trex450se v2 without radio tx/rx.

To move up you're talking about a 500 size or larger electric or .50 size or larger nitro. All of them will be quite pricey and typically will use larger and much more expensive 6s batteries (for the electrics). Probably cost $1000 to get into one of this size.

so you'll have to decide based on both budget and quality what you want.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM
STEVESRCWORLD
My Feedback: (23)

i do have a futaba 9c super that i use on my planes. i just don't know how to set up a heli with it. does the belt fly pretty well with the included stuff? and where is the fastest and least expensive place to get parts for it. also where is the best place to get one? thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
USHobbySupply

We are in DC. I use a 9chp for my BeltCP and love it. Traded up from a 7chp, which was also a nice radio. But the 9 kicks over the 7.

Since you have a Radio, and if your looking at the BeltCP, then go for the Brushless ARF. Its a good deal and the bird is already built. Just add battery and RX, program the radio and go.

Michael
Old 11-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Druss

yep, I have my belt cp on my 9C as well. great radio and all you have to do is switch over to the heli programming side to get it programmed. We can definitely help you with the programming settings if you need it.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:35 AM
AZTWINS

I just purchased the ESKY 0704A Head Lock Gyro for my belt cp. Anything tricky about installing it or is it as simple as taking off the stock gyro and installing the new gyro and hooking up the various wire connections? Hope so!!!

Also, will HS-55 servos be sufficient for the belt cp and would these be considered an upgrade to the existing stock servos?

Thanks
Mickey
Old 11-07-2007, 09:51 AM
AZTWINS

I just found a post that said the following regarding the ESKY 0704-A head lock gyro:

This gyro needs to be setup with the face of the gyro horizontal pointing either at the tail or face left of the helicopter.

Does anybody have a picture showing the orientation and how this gyro is installed.

Thanks
Mickey
Old 11-07-2007, 11:46 AM
shizack

ORIGINAL: AZTWINS
I just found a post that said the following regarding the ESKY 0704-A head lock gyro:
This gyro needs to be setup with the face of the gyro horizontal pointing either at the tail or face left of the helicopter.
Does anybody have a picture showing the orientation and how this gyro is installed.
Thanks
Mickey
Here ya go. I no longer have this heli or the gyro, but it worked well on the (shudders when thinking about it) CP2, FP, and an MX400.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96020.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	798844  
Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 PM
crashinbash

I tried using the hs-55 and didn't care much for the amount of throw and torque they pruduced in the linkage system. HS-56 will fit and I believe hs-65 may also fit. I tried tower pro sg90 servo's with great success. All 3 on cyclic for 26 dollars.

That was my thread your were refering to about the gyro and yes it is as simple as swapping and setting the new gain. With the belt CP I had to turn that gyro upside down to reverse the gain so it doesn't spin. that gyro can also be placed on the side of the chopper facing left if you don't want to risk having a strike from the blades.

Now that I've blown the head to pieces in that crash, is there a store that will sell the aluminum head as a whole instead of in sections? I'm thinking maybe it's best just to buy the whole new Alum. head instead of repairing this one. Also has anyone tried the Dragonus canopy or SJM 400 canopy on they're belt cp? I'm looking for something defferent since mines in a 100 pieces.

cheers
Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Druss

Here is a full set at [link=http://www.hooobby.com/esky-e016-main-rotor-upgrade.html]hoooby[/link] for $80. And while I hesitate to suggest it, [link=http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-rc-helicopters-rc-helicopter-parts-esky-honey-bee-king-2-parts.html]bananahobby[/link] has it for $85. Not sure how the much difference in shipping there is. they are both in the US so I'd go with hoooby

I know bananahobby has a bad rep but I got that full head set from them with no problems except for late shipping and the reason I got my heli and head from them was because they were the only ones with the carbon fiber belt cp in stock when I ordered.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
crashinbash

The first site you refer to just links back to this thread forum, I'm not sure which store it is
Old 11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Druss

sorry, must have screwed up my copy/paste. It's correct now.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:40 PM
dotan987

hi,

i bought today belt cp, and i'm quite new to helis (i have some expirience with lama v3).
i didn't find anywhere on the manual what the pit.hov dails do. so what are they and how should i set them?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:33 PM
AZTWINS

I have a new belt cp with the stock 11.1v 1800 lipo battery. When hovering (the only thing I can do right now), about 2-1/2 minutes into the hover the heli loses power to the point that I have to give 3/4 or more trottle to keep it hovering (it also become real sluggish). Thinking it was the battery, I bought a new 11.1v 2100 lipo pack, fully charged it and the same thing happens. I would hope that I could get more than a couple of minutes of air time.

My friend has the same heli and set up and he gets 8-10 minutes before any loss of power.

Any thoughts of what it could be.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 PM
USHobbySupply

What motor are you running? ESC?
Have you checked for excessive drag in your drive line?
Pinion too tight?
Belt Binding?

All these will require more power, which in turn will drain the battery quicker.

If it is all smooth as silk in the powertrain, suspect the ESC.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:01 PM
AZTWINS

From what I can tell it looks and feels like everything is moving freely. The ESC is the stock one that came with the heli. It does seem to get warm during flight, not sure if that is normal or not. What ESC would you recommend if need to replace?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Druss

also make sure that you are charging the batteries correctly. don't overcharge above 4.2v per cell or discharge below 3v per cell.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Druss

hey crashinbash, i found the rest of the aluminum upgrade parts but they are pricey. [link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=86_180&page=4]ehirobo[/link] has them but when i compare the parts I already got from helidirect, ehirobo is twice as much. I wonder if I should just wait to see if helidirect gets them in?

USHobbySupply, do you think you could get all the upgrades listed on the ehirobo site for less?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Dilligaf Inc.

Had a similer problum in my hbk2 and it turmed out to be a lack of pitch problum! Do you have a pitch guage? If so make sure you have around 0 deg of pitch at 0 stick with all trims centered. HTH If not let us know im sure we can help!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:12 AM
dotan987

ORIGINAL: dotan987

hi,

i bought today belt cp, and i'm quite new to helis (i have some expirience with lama v3).
i didn't find anywhere on the manual what the pit.hov dails do. so what are they and how should i set them?
?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Dilligaf Inc.

Ok hang on ill take some qyick pics and we will see if this helps
Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Druss

please to read [link=http://web2.rc711.com/shop/pub/manuals/RC711.com-ESky_4&6Channels_Transmitter_Instruction%20Manual.pdf]manual[/link], look on page 17 and 18.

I found this manual with a very simple google search...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.