Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Esky 25A ESC hesitates ??

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky 25A ESC hesitates ??

Old 11-03-2007, 11:49 PM
KCinNC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky 25A ESC hesitates ??

i just put a Esky 25 A ESC on a HBK2 along with a 3100 motor. seems sometimes when i give it throttle to start..it will like hesitate & kinda start..then hesitate again ??? i will throttle down..wait a second, then try again, and it will throttle up OK

anybody else had this problem ??
Old 11-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Gittle

Default RE: Esky 25A ESC hesitates ??

Hello KcinNc, I think what your are seeing here is normal. As with all brushless motors the speed control sends out pulses in time to make the motor run. If there is a little friction on the motor, gears or any kind of resistance it will tend to stutter somewhat. If you give it a little more power to start by increasing the throttle it will eventually start. After you run your heli a few times and get things broke in (motor also) it will improve. There is nothing wrong as long as when it starts it contiues to run smoothly. Now if after it starts up and is running and it stutters or cuts off there might be a problem elsewhere but, it sounds like what I mentioned above. I have had most of my brushless motors do this somewhat. Happy Flying Gittle [8D]

Brushless is a great upgrade for anything!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:03 AM
KCinNC

thanks for the response man!!
Old 01-27-2008, 09:33 AM
losttreasure

The 3100 brushless motor has some bugs in it ,i just up-graded my honey bee king 2 to the 3100. Big mistake ,the motor doesn't perform to well on slow end of the control.I replaced it with a older brushless motor and it worked fine. So it's not the controller ,would not reccommed the 3100.Haven't tried 3800 yet.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:53 PM
KCinNC

just an update....the 3100 has been running flawless on my DX7 setup !!!