Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Esky LAMA V4 control response.

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky LAMA V4 control response.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 02:19 PM
mbt1760

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky LAMA V4 control response.

I've bought a LAMA V4 as my first heli and have managed to get it hovering Ok, with a little help. The problem I have at the moment is that when I pull back on the elevator stick the heli is very slow to respond, and sometimes doesn't want to go backwards at all. Has anybody got any idea what the problem is or what adjustments need to be made?

Any suggestions, no matter how simple, would be most welcome as I'm new to heli flying (I do fly fixed wing).

Many Thanks.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
shizack

Default RE: Esky LAMA V4 control response.

Check the servos for consistent movement in the right directions. The elevator servo may be intermittent or stripped. Move the cyclic stick in all directions slowly, and quickly, without the rotors turning.
Unplug the heli battery and SLOOOOWWWLY move the servo arms by hand, listening for clicks and feeling for "dead" areas. This would indicate broken gear teeth or a bad servo motor.
Look for binding in the head.
Check all ball links and make sure they're snapped on the ball, not past and onto the thinner "neck" area. This can create tons of slop.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Bcolici

Default RE: Esky LAMA V4 control response.

Like Shizack said check servo travel,also if yours is like well most of ours the servo horn/arm was probably cut to fit in the body giving you one hole for the linkage,try to get a full servo horn/arm that will fit and move the linkage to the middle hole the body will have to be cut for the servo arm to clear.I purchased a new servo and came with a few arms this will give it more throw.I also have upgraded to the extended innershaft and shorter flybar as well as other upgrades.The v4 is meant to be flown indoors it doesnt play well outside in a breeze.good luck