Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

LAMA V3 vs V4 vs R22

Old 12-20-2007, 03:39 AM
CHARGERPC9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAMA V3 vs V4 vs R22

PS: I saw the similar thread of comparisons but didnt seem to be the answers I wanted in there.

Hi guys, new to choppers and am looking at one of these 3 Coaxials to buy to play about with and possibly get into something better later on. My idea is the coaxials are more stable to learn with so thats my reasoning for tossing up between these 3, im alright on the simulator and have flown friends indoor electrics ok so looking at these to get some skills up and step into something bigger later on.

So far im looking at the LAMA V3 mostly due to the extreme upgrades available compared to the V4 and I like the looks of it however I was also wondering is the R22 a very different bird?

is one better than the other out of all 3 in terms of stability, speed?

is the R22 basically a V3 with different tail and looks?.

So far im thinking a V3 and slowly upgrade it certainly to the better blades and probably some motors, however the Honey Bee King 2 is also in my price bracket and looks like a great bit of kit but im thinking as my first chopper it may be a bit twitchy / unstable for me? compared to the Coaxials.

Cheers In Advance
Old 12-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Druss

Default RE: LAMA V3 vs V4 vs R22

all 3 that you listed are the same, different frame but same rotor head, electronics and motors. same 4 in 1. same heli different frame to handle different bodies.

get the one that looks the best to you.... not a heli i'd spend too much money on upgrading.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:58 AM
CHARGERPC9

Default RE: LAMA V3 vs V4 vs R22

Cheers, Just picked up the lama V3 for $139 Australian, retailed in most hobby shops for $220AU from what I saw, got some spare blades. Was really hard not to buy the BELT CP as I could get it for a great price aswell but I think I better hone some more skills on the lama first before I take up a real bird!.