Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

HBK2 servo arm centering ??

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

HBK2 servo arm centering ??

Old 01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
KCinNC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HBK2 servo arm centering ??

getting the arms centered is suppose to be done with throttle at center (mid)stick ....right???

Old 01-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Druss

Default RE: HBK2 servo arm centering ??

yep, in idle up.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 PM
flyinsolo11

I didnt know it was supposed to be done it idle up- wow, you learn something new every day!
Old 01-15-2008, 02:03 PM
KCinNC

i didn't know that either !! ...i know to set blade pitch in idle up....

i'm setting it up on a DX7....I don't have any idle up settings yet....right now they are all linear
Old 01-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Gittle

KCinNC you can copy all the settings in the Flight Mode normal to FM one. If you are not learning 3D just yet the only difference would be the low idle position on the throttle curve. Set the low idle for what ever you want the head speed to be and that will give you the idle up in FM 1. Does the DX7 have 2 or 3 flight modes? FM normal for hovering and FM one for basic forward flight. If it has FM 2 then you can set it up for 3D. If it only has 2 modes then FM one will be for 3D when you are ready. Then you will need the V curve and let the fun begin. LOL Hope this doesn't confuse you.

Conclusion
2 FM positions no 3D
FM Normal for Hovering, FM one for basic forward flight.
2 FM positons with 3D
FM Normal for Hovering, FM one for all out 3d
3 FM positons all 3 modes
FM Normal hovering, FM one basic forward flight, FM 2 3D
Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
gnd2

In general yes, idle up and mid stick is where you want to center the servo arms. The idea is that you want to center the servo arms when the blades are at 0 pitch, and the most common idle up curve has zero pitch at mid stick. But if you have a different setup this won't work, so don't just blindly put your TX in that setting Also, you obviously will have to unplug the motor.

What I did in the DX7 is set the pitch curve for throttle hold so that it covers the whole range from max neg pitch to max pos pitch with 0 pitch at midstick. Basically the same as your normal 3D idle up pitch curve but this way I can just flip on throttle hold to do all my pitch adjustments without disconnecting the motor.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Druss

ya, sorry i should have expanded on my response. you want to have the same amount of throw on both sides of center as this is what changes the pitch of the blades. if you want a linear pitch curve in idle up then you need to set the servo arms at center at 0 pitch. if you don't then you'll have more of one pitch than the other. or instance, if you set the servo arms at center at mid stick in normal mode, that will be at around +2 pitch on the blades, when you set up the 0 pitch on the blades in idle up one the servo arms will not be at center so you won't have equal positive and negative pitch at top and bottom stick.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Gittle

Safety, Safety, and Safety. Always unplug the motor during setup. Gittle
Old 01-16-2008, 09:13 AM
KCinNC

ORIGINAL: Gittle

KCinNC you can copy all the settings in the Flight Mode normal to FM one. If you are not learning 3D just yet the only difference would be the low idle position on the throttle curve. Set the low idle for what ever you want the head speed to be and that will give you the idle up in FM 1. Does the DX7 have 2 or 3 flight modes? FM normal for hovering and FM one for basic forward flight. If it has FM 2 then you can set it up for 3D. If it only has 2 modes then FM one will be for 3D when you are ready. Then you will need the V curve and let the fun begin. LOL Hope this doesn't confuse you.

Conclusion
2 FM positions no 3D
FM Normal for Hovering, FM one for basic forward flight.
2 FM positons with 3D
FM Normal for Hovering, FM one for all out 3d
3 FM positons all 3 modes
FM Normal hovering, FM one basic forward flight, FM 2 3D
how much of a difference in throttle curves between hover (fm) and basic forward flight (fm1) ?? i'm getting into some good basic circuits with my FP Heli....haven't really started FF on the king2 yet...3D -gonna worry about that down the road
Old 01-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Gittle

None other than the idle up portion. You will set the bottom of the throttle curve so as to not drop below a certain point in idle up or FM 1. Where do you set that is a preference? EXAMPLE If you want your head speed at 2000 rpm and that takes 65% of the throttle then your curve will start at 65% and go linear up from there. The rest of the programming is the same. Does this make sense to you? I hope it does. All the idle up is doing is holding a given amount of throttle throughout the pitch curve. Good Luck Gittle