Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

First hops

Old 01-21-2008, 10:42 PM
The Codfather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First hops

WOO-HOO!!! Did my first good bunny hops tonight on the bedroom floor (lots of soft stuff all around). Even got a bit of a hover for a second or two. Finally getting up above the ground effects level. Sure settles in nice up there (snicker..snicker...2ft) sure glad I spent all that time balancing things well. When I found the sweet spot she was rock solid! Time for some wobbly pops to celebrate while my battery charges. Remember, never drink and fly! You might get excited and spill your drink, what a waste that would be!!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:46 PM
tbaus

Default RE: First hops

Congrats! Welcome to the addiction!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:53 PM
flyinsolo11

Feels good, dont it?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:36 AM
kenhiraihnl

congratulations on your successful flight in the bedroom...got me wondering why the bedroom, so i looked up your location on google earth...you're waaaaay up north, aren't you? probably too cold to fly outdoors?
-ken

Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
The Codfather

Gave myself a little more room in the living room to practice and had a great session. I was into the sweet spot about chest level and holding level for almost 5 seconds at a try. Much more controled descent as well. Did knock a ball off my blade holder when I bumped the couch, but it is the same one I have repaired a couple of times. I've CA'd it back on again so I'll be flying tomorrow. This thing really is a tank!