Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honey Bee King II

Old 04-18-2008, 05:34 PM
1st Lt Mac
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee King II

I have a honey bee king and I have been hovering and it is so sensitive and way to tone it down ? Has anyone used another RX like a Futaba 72 Mhz ? I would like to set up the heli on my Futaba 7 Cap so i could and some expo
Thanks
Scott
Old 04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
noobflyer01

Default RE: Honey Bee King II

can't tone it down with stock tx and rx. you could tone it down with futaba. besides the smaller the heli the more sensitive it is. i like the twitch. it makes it really responsive. i had the dx6 on it with some expo. didn't like with expo. just my opinion. try it get use to the twitch. once you do you'll really enjoy it.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
gnd2

Add some weight to the flybar.

This link is for the trex but the same principle applies to the HBK2:
http://www.trextuning.com/flybarweights.php
Old 04-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

I bought the Honey Bee King ll and All it wants to do is rotate to the left and then gets out of control to the right. The gyro quit working on the second battery charge and Hobby Lobby sent me another one . Now it flies even worst, It wants to rotate hard to the left and then to the right and left rudder input has no effect. Each hover equals a crash landing. It's the biggest waste of money I've spent in this hobby. I guess I can't expect much for $149.95.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:41 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Carroll-RCU

I bought the Honey Bee King ll and All it wants to do is rotate to the left and then gets out of control to the right. The gyro quit working on the second battery charge and Hobby Lobby sent me another one . Now it flies even worst, It wants to rotate hard to the left and then to the right and left rudder input has no effect. Each hover equals a crash landing. It's the biggest waste of money I've spent in this hobby. I guess I can't expect much for $149.95.
that can be problem with mechanical set-up.
The servo should be placed when it is at 90* from horizon the tail shaft should be 1/3 of entire thing to the left.
It took me a lot of money and (Spent aroudn 300 in spares and upgrades and repairs only) time to learn how to hover on HBk2. Try the mechanic set-up and start your own thread and I'll be very happy to help you.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:52 PM
noobflyer01

look its not easy flying helis. it takes patience, money, training, patience, money, and more patience and more money. no new heli flyer is going to spend $150 and going to fly their bird the way they imagine. i've spent 2 grand in 3 months. i dont regret any of it. in fact i'm about to spend another grand for a trex. i know the HBK2 isn't the greatest of helis but its a great trainer. its cheap to repair and upgrade. there vast knowledge for the HBK2. if you need help post your problem and someone will help. if you think this hobby is cheap you're in trouble.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:24 PM
homeunt

ORIGINAL: noobflyer01

look its not easy flying helis. it takes patience, money, training, patience, money, and more patience and more money. no new heli flyer is going to spend $150 and going to fly their bird the way they imagine. i've spent 2 grand in 3 months. i dont regret any of it. in fact i'm about to spend another grand for a trex. i know the HBK2 isn't the greatest of helis but its a great trainer. its cheap to repair and upgrade. there vast knowledge for the HBK2. if you need help post your problem and someone will help. if you think this hobby is cheap you're in trouble.
hehe nuttcaze should jump in and make a speech about his HBFP for that sentence.
One thing surprising though is that for the first couple days flying. I crashed so many times I bought so many spares like 5 pairs of woodies for Belt-Cp and 5 pairs of fiberglass for HBK2 and other stuff. That cost me aroudn 300 bucks including tools and shipping. The fact is that around 200 dollars in that value aren't used and sitting around just in case if I lose something.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:34 PM
noobflyer01

yep, i have enough spares to build another HBK2. lol . i knew what i was getting into. even the guys the LHS told me that it was expensive no matter what u fly. the pros didn't become pros with crashing....ALOT. get used to it. but after a few years flying you're not going to crash as OFTEN as you used to. I havn't crashed in 2-3 weeks. ( man i hope i didn't jinx myself)lol . get over your fear of crashing. once you do you're gonna have whole alot of fun. even the crashes are fun. just not fun on your wallet[)]
Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 PM
homeunt

I really should save my money to get that hybrid car that I wanted lol.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:59 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 1st Lt Mac

I have a honey bee king and I have been hovering and it is so sensitive and way to tone it down ? Has anyone used another RX like a Futaba 72 Mhz ? I would like to set up the heli on my Futaba 7 Cap so i could and some expo
Thanks
Scott
You should be able to transfer your HBK2 to the Futaba with no issues. I have mine set up on a 6EX using the stock RX. The hard part is programming the TX. The Esky RX's require a single conversion crystal in order to work with the Futaba's. If you are replacing the RX too then its just a matter of swapping out RX's and programming.
Now on to a simpler methods to tone down a CCPM heli. The HBK2's come stock with the servo links set on the outermost holes of the servo control horns. You could move those in 1 or 2 holes which will lessen the throws on the cyclic (all three have to beved the same amount of holes. As mentioned earlier.....adding flybar weights will also slow down cyclic response. If you have training gear, that will also help lower the center of gravity of the heli......and make it feel a little more stable as well as keep it from tipping over so easily.
Those are just a few ideas that pop into mind............ Don't settle for twitchy if it isn't working. Its hard enough to fly these things anyways.......... Calm the heli down a little and work on small stick movements, watch the disc and learn to anticipate what the heli will do before it does it. It takes practice and patience but doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. There are also some flight sims to be had for quite cheap if not free. FMS is free but you need to buy or make a cable to go from the TX to your puter. Clearview looks like a good deal for 40 bucks and then you can go up from there.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:30 AM
Zimatosa

You might wanna invest in the HH Gyro off the bat, then get the 43 tooth upgraded pulley. I do not have the pulley but have a Telebee HHG and my tail is rock solid! Either way, like I say to all noobs with HBK2.: Do like I did and watch the Subzzzzero videos on youtube if you have not already done so. Just type in Honey Bee King 2 set-up videos and watch all 6-7 of them. I went very far with these simple easy steps. Set the King up like he says, he knows his sh*t. I did and I was flying like a bird!! Till I crashed! Don't get ahead of yourself and have fun!!!

Peace,

Z
Old 04-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Zimatosa

Oh sorry, I was answering Carroll-RCU in case my above post is confusing....
Old 04-19-2008, 06:22 AM
funflier

Just my two cents worth but if if your spinning you probably need to adjust the position of the servo on the boom in or out just a little, its a trial by error. After you get it to stop spinning (when you first start it up it will spin anyway and you just need to add some stick to control it, its when its about ready to leave the ground that you dont want it spinning) go to the gyro and start tweaking it up till the tail seems to jerk then back it off. I found that it was set at about 3/4 or more of its full setting before it settled down. IF you put in a HH gyro like a Tekebee/zoom it will not work in the HH cond as the stock transmitter is mixed inside for the esky HH gyro and nothing else.
As this heli is very light any little breeze will blow it around. suggest if your flying it outside and on a small patio you move to a larger area like a enclosed tennis court. Gives you room to "drive around" . The blades will generate turbulance in a small closed area and that will make it all the harder to control it.
Hovering is not how high you can go and keep it steady its how you can keep it steady. IF you can hover at 3 inchs you can hover at 5 feet and you will do less damage at 3 inches if you lose it then at 5 feet. GET training gear. They should include training gear from the start. Actually you can make your own with some 24 inch pieces of grapite rod and whiffle golf balls.
Get the 43 tooth conversion, 15$ and check your tail is not binding. Lots of threads on how to fix a binding tail. A binding tail can cause you a lot of fustration on solving spinning problems. Make sure your belt is not slipping or to tight.
Seems like its check and recheck. This is NOT like flying a plane at all it takes a lot of coordination and concentration to do it right.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:58 AM
1st Lt Mac
My Feedback: (178)

Hello,
Thank you for all the info. I will try to set it up and tone it down. I have no trouble flying my pantera 50 but this little thing just wants to get away from me
Scott
Old 04-19-2008, 01:14 PM
jstern429

Caroll-RCU, If you are still haveing trouble with the new gyro try changing the reverse switch, it can make a world of differance. I picked up a used HBK2 off ebay with the same problem and tryed everything I could with on effect until I noticed the switch was in the wrong setting. All I did was change the switch setting and all was good. Jeff
Old 04-19-2008, 02:57 PM
homeunt

well there are really bad gyros mixed with good ones. Like the Imax one that I got from ebay. It puts my heli into nutz. As soon as the skids lift off the ground, It won't stop dancing counterclockwise.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:31 PM
nuttcaze

ORIGINAL: homeunt

hehe nuttcaze should jump in and make a speech about his HBFP for that sentence.
One thing surprising though is that for the first couple days flying. I crashed so many times I bought so many spares like 5 pairs of woodies for Belt-Cp and 5 pairs of fiberglass for HBK2 and other stuff. That cost me aroudn 300 bucks including tools and shipping. The fact is that around 200 dollars in that value aren't used and sitting around just in case if I lose something.

lol, just read the thread for the first time, going through and you called it, I'm thinking "should've got a HBFP" , flying the HBFP is like learning to drive a standard shift car with no power brakes or power steering, sure its hard but if you can fly the HBFP everything else will be easy. I've still only had 1 crash with my King II (and that was cause I went flying outside before I had the skills for it [)]) but I spend twice as much time flying my HBFP's (when they're not broken, only part I can't fix is the frame [&o]) as I do my CP's. but when I fly my CP helis its like driving a automatic shift car with power everything, its very easy to hover around and basic flight, soooooo glad I learned on the HBFP, now granted not everyone can fly the HBFP but if you can you'll be a better pilot. I took my King II out of the box and flew it first time no problems, never adjusted anything (still haven't, besides the tail) and the stock rate gyro never worked (you could here it rattle really bad) but was still able to fly it good, after modding it, it felt like it had auto pilot. Absolutely love flying it now, everyday get some flight time with it.