Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

CF Pigeons

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Zimatosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CF Pigeons

Heads up for those who like the Pigeon 450 but didn't buy because of the weight issue.....

My LHS just started stocking the new CF Pigeon 450...Only 10 bucks more for the CF than the heavy azz aluminum. The weight difference is phenomenally lower. Can't say how much lower but I held both in my hand and it's significant....

Peace,

Z
Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 PM
funflier

Default RE: CF Pigeons

1lb 2lb maybe more ??
Old 07-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Zimatosa

You are getting warmer.....
Old 07-03-2008, 06:39 AM
funflier

actually I would be interested only if it could compare to a HDX. Then I would be interested in it without the electronics... I have one of the servos they use in it on my tail right now and it seems pretty good but as far as cyclic I would rather go first class on servos on it and install HS-65KB as I feel for the 20-21$ each nothing can beat them for a cyclic servo for that price.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Zimatosa

I think that hands down an HDX would be my choice for a 450 size Heli. I was just letting you/people know that the CF frame will be available to lighten that tank of a heli.

You did say that your daughter crashed and had to replace the frame before. The CF might be a better choice later... hehehe

I need a frontal labatomy me thinks. My brain hurts!

Peace,

Z
Old 07-03-2008, 02:46 PM
funflier

Frames 3 Daughter 0
She needs a rubber heli
Hit the same tree 2 times
Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 PM
KCinNC

usually when i get into a cool hobby, seems like it dies down and can't find parts & supplies to keep it going??

now that i'm into RC Heli's....man, seems like theres getting way toooo much to pick from

i guess that's a good thing
Old 07-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Zimatosa

It's a great thing. Competition will continue to drive prices down and quality up. We just have to watch out for the scammers selling all you noobs purple heads!![sm=punching.gif] Couldn't resist!!.....There will also be the fact that our parks are going to be over-crowded with newbies taking up our air space and bombing our children with out of control heli's!! YAAARRGGEE!!! hehehe....

Z
Old 07-04-2008, 07:08 PM
funflier

One of our local parks has already done just that. It used to say "No gas model plane flying" (put that up in the 60s) Then it was changed to "No model Plane flying of any kind" Now its No model plane or Helicopter flying of any kind" Since its a grassy field with a lot of trees and sand boxes etc the model cars are tearing the place up... New sign comming soon I imagin
Old 07-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Zimatosa

I hope I don't lose privileges to fly at my little park. I have had a little girl run from behind me and reach out to grab my hovering heli. Scared the piss out of me! I am lucky that I had the ability to gun the throttle and get it out of her way. I could imagine that if she had done that a month or so previous, my skill would have either killed her, or killed my heli...My instinct was to yell at her, but i landed it safe and tried to explain how dangerous it is to try and grab a helicopter, moving or not. She replied with a pointing finger..Hellcottrr!! Couldn't be too mad at her, but I scowled at her dumb dumb daddy!

The park i fly in has also "gone to the dogs". There is no designated dog park, but everyone in the area brings their dogs to play with each other off leash. Recently, I had it out with a lady that let her 3 dogs stalk my heli. I could not even land....I started yelling at the dogs to bail before I ran out of battery power and the B*tch still did nothing. i had to FFF it into the baseball diamond and keep the dogs away with a stern voice.

Don't mind sharing but the dog thing is getting rediculous...

Z
Old 07-06-2008, 12:36 AM
funflier

yah damn dogs everywhere ( I have two) One of them chased my flying stick all over the place one day. I ran out of battery and it went down in the bushs and the little bugger "retrieved" it for me. Least most of the wing and the stick n servos... Never found the battery or the tail. He was only a 4 lb puppy at the time and thought he was "helping".
Hate it when people let them run loose and have no control over them and they get into stuff. then they think your mean cause you didnt let them attack the heli, right and if they get hurt whos fault is it??????
Old 07-06-2008, 03:59 AM
funflier

"It's a great thing. Competition will continue to drive prices down and quality up"
I heard that said about Italian cars
Thats what they also said about the Airline industry isnt it?
Yes look what deregulation for the phone companies did...
Look what it did for the Banking and mortgage lending industry
and the US Mail
And of course... the Television cable companies
yesiree deregulation sure is a good thing...If your a 3rd world country and trying to bolster your countrys curency value you hedge your bets on the US dollar[8D] Or else declare war on the US and then surrender, then we will give you free money to jumpstart your economy at the expense of our own.
we dont want to forget the petrolumn industry either
Ok down off my soapbox, dont want to get wound up on this
Old 07-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Zimatosa

...Good points though...