Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

New Belt CP Defective?

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Belt CP Defective?

Old 10-04-2008, 12:21 PM
shinobizx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Belt CP Defective?

Just got a belt cp from raidentech for $155 and been a mess. The first battery I charged and put in and the helicopter will do nothing but glitch. the servos go back and forth a mile a minute the entire time the battery is plugged in and after 10 or so attempts with lots of foil around the esc and battery wires the gyro has only synced up twice, have only heard the esc beep twice. Brand new transmitter batteries and the attenea is stretched out straight. I've tried taken all the electronics out and tidied up the wiring, but still get glitching so bad I can't even get started with checking anything else out. anyone have any ideas? I noticed it doesn't come with the faraday cage, and isn't pictured in the manual so I wonder if that would help?
Old 10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Disney1

Default RE: New Belt CP Defective?

Shinobizx:
Firs are you turning the TX on first and then the RX. I know this is a basic question but I neeD to start somewhere.
The two times the TX/RX linked up did everything stabilize?
R[8D]N Sr
Old 10-05-2008, 06:02 PM
noobflyer01

ahh the famous glitching. i dont know if all the owners have experience these glitching but i have personally experience it on every esky helicopter that i have owned. some say the pots on the radio is bad and took it apart to make sure all the contacts is good and clean. its one of the major reasons i dont fly esky products anymore. your best solution would be to upgrade to a 2.4g radio from spektrum or futuba. once i upgraded my radio to a dx6i there has been zero glitches.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:43 PM
shinobizx

the glitching is so bad the helicopter is completely useless. the transmitter is always turned on first and as soon as I plug the battery in all hell breaks lose. I can understand a little glitching, but this isn't just glitching. so far I've double checked the crystals for frequency, taken the rx and tx apart to inspect the soldier joints for the atteneas, and tried disconnected the gyro and esc and connecting a rx battery and the thing still goes nuts. tx batteries are brand new engergizers too and the attenea wire from the rx is not kinked or anything. so far while trying to get it going I have yet to see anything respond to the transmitter. while the servos are glitching and moving in every direction no input at all on the transmitter makes any difference. I just don't know what else to try at this point.

and to answer the orignal question, no, when the motor did kick in the one time it gyro synced up it was still glitching like crazy so the motor went to full throttle, I have some impressive bruises and scrapes from it too.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Disney1

It sounds to me like you have a bad TX/RX set, You said you just got the heli, I would contact the seller and see what they will do on a warrantee basis.
The other alternative is what Noobflier01 said get a good 2.4 ghz radio.
I fly a Belt CP with a Spektrum DX6i what a great combination.

R[8D]N Sr

Old 10-06-2008, 04:28 AM
funflier

Faraday cage! Over kill, I have never seen a Faraday cage on a RC model except ones that run on the ham radio band. I think you mean a ferrite ring on the wires that come from the esc to the rx. Ferrite ring is not needed most of the time. MORE then likely you have a rx or tx problem and it could be the crystal in either is kaput! I had the same problem last year with a stock tx and rx. Turned out to be a crystal that was bad. Replaced them with new ones and they lasted about a month then the whole thing went wild on me one day and started up when I connected my battery and had to stick a sacrifical leg in the blade to stop it before it took off on me. Replaced crystals again with 3rd party ones, no more Esky crystals ever again.
When you say you connected a rx battery do you mean that you set up a sep battery pack (4.8volt) to power your RX?
Good move for a start[8D], if you did, pull all the rest of the connectors on the rx and only hook up 1 servo that is NOT connected to linkage (lying on the bench) Turn on tx first then connect that aux battery to the RX (only two connectors on the rx the one from the battery and one to the servo. Sure you noticed that the rx only needs 2 wires for power the red + (middle wire) and the black - (bottom wire) the other is only the signal wire to control the motor speed (white I think).
Still does it? only option is to swap out crystals, rx or tx but as it is new contact vendor about it and they will probably send you new crystals for a start. My experience with Raidentech has always been good and their turnaround is pretty fast on defective parts. CALL them don't email them, talk to a real person.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

Raidentech/Xheli/NitroRc/ETC has the reputation of sending folks used heli's, for new. Their reputation, coupled with the fact that they have about 6 storefronts that lead to the same products and bad services have kept me away, and others. I have also heard that they are "under new management"...This sounds like a ploy to save grace, and save their bad name. I give them credit for trying. With that said, maybe you have a used helicopter that was refurbished and/or returned for problems. As a matter of fact, look on the under side and see if it is scribed with the words "Empty Wallet".j/k...(Empty Wallet is the forum user that returned a Belt CP to Xheli/Raidentech because of an ESC fire. I believe he kicked it like football before sending it back too...)

You can also make sure that your antenna is not wrapped around the frame anywhere or connected to the tail stab. Run it so it goes directly through the tube and wrapped back around the tip of the antenna tube. This is a minor adjustment but I have seen this help when my RC Cars have acted up with glitches. Also check for splits in the wiring, including servo wires that might have got pinched...

That Funflier...I have first hand experience with his mad-scientist approach to heli's. Other than being a total smarty-pants, don't heed to anything he has to say. I think he might be a complete genius....?

Z
Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Empty Wallet

Oh here we go again.
Must be Raiden Tech selling you used stuff.
Funny how I never had any problems with the Exceeds or the Walkera I bought from them.
It couldn't possibly be the PIECE OF CRAP ESKY HELIS.
Just go on line to their live chat.
They will give you an RMA.
Send it back and they will send you a new one.
No sweat.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:05 PM
crimsonrain22

Take out the crystals and reseat. Usually the cause, make sure they feel tight when you put them in.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Bcolici

ORIGINAL: crimsonrain22

Take out the crystals and reseat. Usually the cause, make sure they feel tight when you put them in.
and if this deosnt work try replacing the crystals with e-flites same channel of course,i had the same problem with my lama swapped crystals and works great,I never had a problem with my Belt cp bone stock for almost a year,no 3d for me yet [].
Good luck and have fun.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:22 PM
shinobizx

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I work 12-14 hours a day so will have to set this aside until the weekend, I've reseated the crystals many times and they feel solid. I think the bad crystal theory is my best hope for now. Haven't heard from raidentech yet, but will try a phone call in a couple of days if I get no response. I don't have spare 72mhz crystals and closest lhs is about 5 hours away, but will see about ordering some crystals to try.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:21 AM
funflier

BTW I owe you a 11T pinion, I forgot to put it back on the motor.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Empty Wallet

ORIGINAL: shinobizx

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I work 12-14 hours a day so will have to set this aside until the weekend, I've reseated the crystals many times and they feel solid. I think the bad crystal theory is my best hope for now. Haven't heard from raidentech yet, but will try a phone call in a couple of days if I get no response. I don't have spare 72mhz crystals and closest lhs is about 5 hours away, but will see about ordering some crystals to try.
Dont call them.
They wont answer.
Go to their web site and use the online chat box.
Its quick and easy
Old 10-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

Lol empty wallet, You still baggn on esky, lol.
I feel the same way about walkera helis as i gather you do about esky's.

Ive had bad problems with walkera, their stuff used to be crap but i think theyve picked up a bit since as i looked at one of their newer 7 channel tx's and its pretty nice.

But still, Man am i glad i dont buy stuff from RaidenTech/Xheli or any of their clone shop fronts,

I stick to the tried and true lil guys and have had absolutely no problems and im still running my esky on the stock ESC with no probs.

ps...by lil guys i mean - ka-planes, ushobby supply, jag hobbies etc.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:52 AM
funflier

I guess they like me better then they like you..
Old 10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Empty Wallet

Thats cool.
As long as your happy.
In the end thats all that matters.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 PM
cbrian4

Hey shinobizx, i have an esky 6ch transmitter and receiver that i took off my honeybee king 2 that works fine-no glitches. I just recently upgraded to dx6i and i'd be willing to send them to you for free if you want. let me know.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Bcolici

ORIGINAL: cbrian4

Hey shinobizx, i have an esky 6ch transmitter and receiver that i took off my honeybee king 2 that works fine-no glitches. I just recently upgraded to dx6i and i'd be willing to send them to you for free if you want. let me know.
Wow thats an awsome offer to help someone out
Nice
Old 10-13-2008, 11:47 AM
shinobizx

Thanks cbrian4, I suspect the crystals, but if you think it could be the tx, or rx. I would really appreciate trying your tx,rx. If anyone thinks its more likely only the crystals maybe you can send only the crystals to save on shipping. In any case if you have a pay pal account I would cover your costs, I live in northern ontario canada, so shipping could be pricey.

Thanks again.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:03 AM
funflier

Im sure you tried this but if you didn't.. Without turning on the tx... put your knee or something in the blades so they don't start up (yes leave the motor plugged in its part of the system) and plug the battery in for the rx just like you always do but NO TX turned on. If it still does it you can rule out something from the tx causing it. At that point I would try new crystals. They do go bad, more so when their made in China. Hard to believe they actually put people in orbit and got them back again in one piece isnt it?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
cbrian4

Thanks cbrian4, I suspect the crystals, but if you think it could be the tx, or rx. I would really appreciate trying your tx,rx. If anyone thinks its more likely only the crystals maybe you can send only the crystals to save on shipping. In any case if you have a pay pal account I would cover your costs, I live in northern ontario canada, so shipping could be pricey.

Thanks again.

It pretty much has to be the receiver and tx (or the crystals) You can't have glitches unless theres some sort of radio interference (including a bad connection between the tx and rx) or the only other thing is that it keeps losing battery power and rebooting every second (highly unlikely) Sorry about your crappy experience so far.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:04 PM
cbrian4

Alright i've got the tx, rx and a spare set of crystals all in a very small box weighing a pound and 3 ounces. Through priority mail it would cost $30 and would arrive in 6-10 days. It would cost around $5 to ship via first class, but it doesn't give you a set amount of time (the post office always tells me that with US to Canada shipments that priority mail only saves a day over first class). Let me know which you want to ship by.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 PM
shinobizx

Thanks again cbrain4. Raidentech has finally responded to some of my emails. I had asked them if they would consider sending a set of crystals when they finish my order ( a spare battery was back ordered) but they haven't really responded, I'll keep everyone posted though.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Empty Wallet

Thanks again cbrain4. Raidentech has finally responded to some of my emails. I had asked them if they would consider sending a set of crystals when they finish my order ( a spare battery was back ordered) but they haven't really responded, I'll keep everyone posted though.
You have to use the online chat box.
You will get your answers immediatly.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
shinobizx

Just to update anyone who's interested, cbrain4 sent me a transmitter, receiver and spare crystals, free, he even paid the shipping. tried the crystals from his radio in mine and the difference was like night and day. so one or both of my crystals was definitely defective.

now that I have a spare set radio set with crystals I want to return the favor, if anyone runs into someone who is having similar problems or needs a radio just pm me and I will arrange to send them.

once again, thanks cbrian4!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.