Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

BIG LAMA

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:54 PM
isaxon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

Hi guys.

Thanks for your kindness and trying to help.

But I went back to the store were I bought it and they did send it back to the distributor of e-sky products in Sweden (i guess) and for some reason the TX had failed. So I will get a new TX that will work so nothing from my side that was wrong just the TX that failed.

Still thou got another problem. I´m trying to change one of the gears that is connected directly to the motor due to a spike that has been damage.
But I CAN NOT get the bottom "plug" loose. (mention as #040 Gear fix collar in the exploded view) tried to pull,screw and but not sure how hard i can pull in it before something else gets broken on the machine. (I have taken away the hexagonal screw)

Any ideas how to loose it ?

Many Thanks in advance!

Br

// isaxon

Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Buz

ORIGINAL: isaxon

Hi guys.

Thanks for your kindness and trying to help.

But I went back to the store were I bought it and they did send it back to the distributor of e-sky products in Sweden (i guess) and for some reason the TX had failed. So I will get a new TX that will work so nothing from my side that was wrong just the TX that failed.

Still thou got another problem. I´m trying to change one of the gears that is connected directly to the motor due to a spike that has been damage.
But I CAN NOT get the bottom ''plug'' loose. (mention as #040 Gear fix collar in the exploded view) tried to pull,screw and but not sure how hard i can pull in it before something else gets broken on the machine. (I have taken away the hexagonal screw)

Any ideas how to loose it ?

Many Thanks in advance!

Br

// isaxon

That is strange! But at least you know what the problem was now.

So, even though the set screw is out of the collar, have you looked on the other side of the collar to see if there is another one? A lot of these things have 2 set screws in the collar. Otherwise, try standing your heli upside down on the bench... make sure to protect the head and blade grips (and flybar).... then use a flat blade screw driver and hammer and try tapping the collar "up" on the shaft to see if it will break loose. If you have a bend in your shaft, it may not come off until you pound the shaft as flat as possible.

Buzz

Old 01-28-2011, 11:57 AM
isaxon

phuu this was a struggle.

Thoug I would ripp the heli in two pieces...  but eventually it came loose... both gear aswell since it was the second one I had to change....

So no its just wait until the windy weather stabelize since I cant controll it good enough to run it in my livingroom.

Thanks for your answers !
Old 01-28-2011, 11:25 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: isaxon
phuu this was a struggle.

Thoug I would ripp the heli in two pieces... but eventually it came loose... both gear aswell since it was the second one I had to change....

So no its just wait until the windy weather stabelize since I cant controll it good enough to run it in my livingroom.

Thanks for your answers !
Hey again mate,

Maybe you need to buy two helicopters - a [link=http://www.xheli.com/50h28-madhawk300-red-lcd.html]smaller coax[/link] for indoors & keep the Big Lama for outdoors!?!!

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 02-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Edmund2

Peter, I took my UBOL to the athletics meet last night, once the programfinished I hauled it out andlifted off the tartan as I always wanted to do with it. FULL TROTTLE straight up vertical lift and I did not stop until it was at only a spec up above (around 80m as that is the height of the lights) and then slowly let it come down. Still struggling from dumb thumb syndrome but it will get there soon again. Dare not post this on the other one.

Edmund
Old 02-12-2011, 05:40 PM
wspessanha

friend how do I install these lights on my big mud too .... was very cute!!
where I think the lights have to call and where, how? Thank you.
I am new to Hobbes.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:04 PM
proffate61

ORIGINAL: mikew77

Thanks mate for your email detailing the parts needed to build HK-450GT. I noticed the heli kit is on backorder but this could a nice project to work on. I havent had to much experience with cp helis (as you can see i prefer coaxial helis) but my cb180d is really easy to fly. From what everyone else is saying i have to learn someday and spend as little as possible because i think i might be buying a lot of replacement parts until i can fly it without crashing.

Michael
Istarted with BOLand have since added a V4 and a couple of eflite mCXbirds. Unfortunately there's a lot of wind where Ilive so the smaller birds get a lot more use as i can fly them in the house.

To overcome the wind I've spent the winter building an HK450GT using all chinese parts - aka, cheap, including a skyfly radio ($40 w/ receiver). Total parts and kit, with 2 batts, and shipping totaled out at $193 - Ihad to get a big nasty ESC ($54) as the plush40 isn't in stock. Iam buying one luxury item though - http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Products/Co-Pilot-II but you can get a kds flymentor for $75 if you want to stay all chinese in parts.

That would total about $250 (the flymentor includes a basic gyro so you don't need a separate one til you want to do 3D flying) and the copilot makes these helis almost as stable as a coax...so they say. In the videos they show how they work - just take you hands off the right stick and it will hover - even if you're upside down it will roll right side up and hover. Everytime. You control rudder and motor which is easy. Mine arrives tomorrow UPS willing and the rest of the bird is built and bench tested so I'll be hovering tomorrow, friday morning at the latest so I'll let you know how it goes. That $270 includes the 6 channel 2.4ghz radio and 2 2200mah 3S lipo batts remember. Time to build it about 8 hours I'm guessing. Since it's a clone of an align trex 450 you can DL the assembly manual from align's site and then watch a complete step by step build and set up in video here http://www.mikeysrc.com/Low-Cost-450-Heli.html

What I discoverd is the power of a 450 is unreal. Iwas testing in on my table with no main rotor, only the tail rotor and I ran up the power and threw the rudder left and right and the wind it generated from teh tail rotor blew several boxes and magazines right off the table and then made my daughter's hair stand straight back on her head.

I'm a wee bit nervous about my first actual flight of course - newbie on an untrimmed bird is always asking for trouble, but the build and setup videos and a thread on this forum has made it seem pretty easy.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:32 AM
ccowboyearl01

BOLquestion. At zero to about mid throttle both motors spin at the same speed. Above mid throttle it spins clock wise. I've adjust gain and proportional (with battery unplugged) but no help. Is my gyro shot?
Old 02-17-2011, 05:38 AM
wspessanha

friend, as it did to install these lights on your big mud?
can you teach me? Thanks ..... it was beautiful!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Edmund2

ORIGINAL: ccowboyearl01

BOL question. At zero to about mid throttle both motors spin at the same speed. Above mid throttle it spins clock wise. I've adjust gain and proportional (with battery unplugged) but no help. Is my gyro shot?
Been a long time since I had to touch these adjustments. I can refer you to the Lama 4 thread where about a year ago Peter posted the correct setup for it. I somehow do not think that your problem lies there. I can recall that the proportional adjustment fixes the problem of the heli rising when moving when moving rudder to one side and dropping when moving to the other. Edmund
Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 AM
proffate61

I don't think there is a fix for the rise/fall of a coax when you crank over the rudder. Prop will adj the starup up/"neutral" of your rudder but if you think for a moment how a coax does it's rudder function you will understand why it will rise and fall and there's no fix for it.

How does it turn? By either slowing or speeding up one shaft, or set of blades. Since at a hover both are supplying 50% of the lift if you change the speed of either that will change the amount of lift you have. Slow one down and you have less lift, speed one up and you get more lift.

If you fly  a line and then turn left at the end you will see the heli rise. If you turn right you'll see it sink.  (or vice versa - depends whitch way you have the shafts spinning- you can reverse it easily enough if you'd want to).  If you fly slowly it's not a big deal but the higher the throttle, the faster you're flying the more dramatic this is.
Once you get used to which way it acts you can compensate with throttle - if it sinks on left turns you add throttle on left turns and reduce throttle then on right turns.

You also will find you need less throttle the faster forward you fly and when you slow to a stop you'll have to add throttle - the movement of the heli through the air adds lift (on the rotor blades from the movement of air by the heli moving instead of just by the motor spinning the blades)
Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Edmund2

I managed to fix the rise/fall problem on my L4 by doing the mentioned adjustment. I do not experiencerise or fall on rudder either way on any of my BOL's. They both fly fantastic doing piro's in any direction and remains at the height I start at. Suppose both were adjusted by the same Esky technician.

Have a great day.

Edmund

PS. Having packed my BOL in the car already for my weekend trip, I flattened 3 lipo's before work this morning.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 AM
killbucket

Regarding Sloaler's RDJ Simulation blades...I am multi-posting this at my own membership risk, to WARN other members about this guy:

I order a set to evaluate, and he wants to post all of this qualifying hogwash:

Originally Posted by Skoaler
I do require that your 400 be (right outta the box) though as even any slightest recent tip over crashes or personal repairs or modifications could result in strange vibrations with unseen (bent shafts) or different fuses ect.. you could post. You will show them on a brand new walkera 400 out of the box.. or you have 7 days for a refund. Or you keep them and show them on your used one and we continue into nowhere land.. They go out tomorrow.. ThankX

Its ok.. go ahead and test on used helis.. There are things to learn..I admit.. to help. I also repeat that I will never post any more links or threads about them..please do not tear your heli up though.. the 400 blades are (not) 100% death dive proof..A batch of orders go out this evening.. USPS first class is very fast..To keep the blades at the cheapest price possible the go out in vanilla envelopes in bubble wrap and newspaper..A mail man could step on one..so there could be some scuffs..but it is not a beauty contest. To ship in a hard box would defeat the shipping price.. I also never hold anyone to the 7 day return policy..nor do you have to return them after money back. Ebay has no other options..I just said that earlier..I take it back

Source:[link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1405456&page=5#post18189306[/link]

Must consider all previous customers to be idiots...Me, I get all kinds of Hem-Haw outta him.

This was after I'd asked him many times to stop spamming forums with his adverts for these.
Many people on other forums have given this guy the biz, but he continues to try to hawk these blades made of ordinary PVC pipe.

I do intend to show them with the parent material, so there can be no mistake as to their shoddy and dangerous origin.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Buz

ORIGINAL: killbucket

Regarding Sloaler's RDJ Simulation blades...I am multi-posting this at my own membership risk, to WARN other members about this guy:

I order a set to evaluate, and he wants to post all of this qualifying hogwash:

I do require that your 400 be (right outta the box) though as even any slightest recent tip over crashes or personal repairs or modifications could result in strange vibrations with unseen (bent shafts) or different fuses ect.. you could post. You will show them on a brand new walkera 400 out of the box.. or you have 7 days for a refund. Or you keep them and show them on your used one and we continue into nowhere land.. They go out tomorrow.. ThankX

Its ok.. go ahead and test on used helis.. There are things to learn..I admit.. to help. I also repeat that I will never post any more links or threads about them..please do not tear your heli up though.. the 400 blades are (not) 100% death dive proof..A batch of orders go out this evening.. USPS first class is very fast..To keep the blades at the cheapest price possible the go out in vanilla envelopes in bubble wrap and newspaper..A mail man could step on one..so there could be some scuffs..but it is not a beauty contest. To ship in a hard box would defeat the shipping price.. I also never hold anyone to the 7 day return policy..nor do you have to return them after money back. Ebay has no other options..I just said that earlier..I take it back

Source:[link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1405456&page=5#post18189306[/link]

Must consider all previous customers to be idiots...Me, I get all kinds of Hem-Haw outta him.

This was after I'd asked him many times to stop spamming forums with his adverts for these.
Many people on other forums have given this guy the biz, but he continues to try to hawk these blades made of ordinary PVC pipe.

I do intend to show them with the parent material, so there can be no mistake as to their shoddy and dangerous origin.

If you don't like the guy, then why do you order from him. Have you flown these blades yet? If they are junk... I guess you'll set them on fire like you do to all of the other helicopters you get and either can't fly....or they break.
Who's setting the example by doing that? You need to get real, partner.... all you do is complain. It gets old after a few thousand times.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:43 AM
Dongskie

Just broke this today after flying my Big Lama in awhile, time for the aluminums
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30472.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1615184  
Old 05-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Dongskie

Is there a Huey Viet Nam fuselage for the Big Lama?

Links please
Old 05-30-2011, 11:44 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Edmund2
ORIGINAL: ccowboyearl01
BOL question. At zero to about mid throttle both motors spin at the same speed. Above mid throttle it spins clock wise. I've adjust gain and proportional (with battery unplugged) but no help. Is my gyro shot?
Been a long time since I had to touch these adjustments. I can refer you to the Lama 4 thread where about a year ago Peter posted the correct setup for it. I somehow do not think that your problem lies there. I can recall that the proportional adjustment fixes the problem of the heli rising when moving when moving rudder to one side and dropping when moving to the other. Edmund
Hey again guys, sorry I'm late!

The proportional (as prof so elequently pointed out) electronically slows one motor a little and this changes the heading of a coax bird. The "gain" on the 3in1 adjusts the gyro gain mainly affecting the tail shaking and holding - but a combination of the two adjustments (prop & gain) can be used to minimize any unwanted yaw (rotation) when sudden throttle movements are made!
The links below are to adjustments on a Lama4 coax 4in1 - but they are the same adjustments as for the 3in1 on a Big Lama[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7350619]PROP & gain adjustments[/link]
Old 05-31-2011, 05:04 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: EdgardoJr
Is there a Huey Viet Nam fuselage for the Big Lama?

Links please
Hey mate,

Try [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1380]THIS[/link][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Old 06-01-2011, 11:08 PM
pgroom_68

Hey again everyone,

Here's a bargain for you! - [link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=522&products_id=10595]35MHz Esky Big Lama - special @ US$43 from HONGKONG[/link]

Old 06-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Dongskie

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68Hey mate,
Try [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1380]THIS[/link][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Thanks mate!!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Buz

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hey again everyone,

Here's a bargain for you! - [link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=522&products_id=10595]35MHz Esky Big Lama - special @ US$43 from HONGKONG[/link]

Hey, Peter! Good to see you again in here. I went to the link above and every helicopter I could find was sold out. I'm trying to find another one too. I bought one of the "Air Zermatt" Swedish rescue helicopters and ... it flies ok, but is a bit down on power. Kind of a weird setup for a coaxial. It only has one motor, but turns the rotors in opposite directions. With one motor, I find that it has plenty of power..... but very little FF, and it has so little tail authority, it won't even do one pyro! This thing is heavy! It's also powered by a 2s 1200 mah battery ... Since they sell extra bodies for the Zermatt... I think I'll put the works out of a BOL in one. The interior of the canopy is very detailed. Have you seen this helicopter? I think I saw a BOL yesterday. I'll have to check.

Best wishes,

Buzz
Old 06-11-2011, 04:54 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Buz
Hey again everyone,
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Hey, Peter! Good to see you again in here. I went to the link above and every helicopter I could find was sold out. I'm trying to find another one too. I bought one of the ''Air Zermatt'' Swedish rescue helicopters and ... it flies ok, but is a bit down on power. Kind of a weird setup for a coaxial. It only has one motor, but turns the rotors in opposite directions. With one motor, I find that it has plenty of power..... but very little FF, and it has so little tail authority, it won't even do one pyro! This thing is heavy! It's also powered by a 2s 1200 mah battery ... Since they sell extra bodies for the Zermatt... I think I'll put the works out of a BOL in one. The interior of the canopy is very detailed. Have you seen this helicopter? I think I saw a BOL yesterday. I'll have to check.
Best wishes,
Hey again Buzz,

Yeah, they all sold out within 2 hours of me posting that link - someone was reading Luckily I've got a brand new BOL that I ordered ages ago and stuck "under the bed" for just such a drought. It is a red 2.4G.

Since I found that I need to develop my skill set further to feel relaxed with the 450-sized birds, and the mCPX is grounded due to waiting on parts[:@], I thought I'd try tinkering with my other BOLs which now all fly on 2.4G from my DX6i.

I've not seen that heli that you refer to in your post ("Zermatt") - could you provide me with a link so I can look at its specs? Ta. It might be possible to run 11.1V (3-cell) lipos through its electronics & this would either cause it to have heaps more power & behave properly or smoke the mosfets[] If you do try it, I suggest immediately before putting all the works of a BOL in one......[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81687.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1621964  
Old 06-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Buz

Hey again everyone,
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Hey, Peter! Good to see you again in here. I went to the link above and every helicopter I could find was sold out. I'm trying to find another one too. I bought one of the ''Air Zermatt'' Swedish rescue helicopters and ... it flies ok, but is a bit down on power. Kind of a weird setup for a coaxial. It only has one motor, but turns the rotors in opposite directions. With one motor, I find that it has plenty of power..... but very little FF, and it has so little tail authority, it won't even do one pyro! This thing is heavy! It's also powered by a 2s 1200 mah battery ... Since they sell extra bodies for the Zermatt... I think I'll put the works out of a BOL in one. The interior of the canopy is very detailed. Have you seen this helicopter? I think I saw a BOL yesterday. I'll have to check.
Best wishes,
Hey again Buzz,

Yeah, they all sold out within 2 hours of me posting that link - someone was reading Luckily I've got a brand new BOL that I ordered ages ago and stuck ''under the bed'' for just such a drought. It is a red 2.4G.

Since I found that I need to develop my skill set further to feel relaxed with the 450-sized birds, and the mCPX is grounded due to waiting on parts[:@], I thought I'd try tinkering with my other BOLs which now all fly on 2.4G from my DX6i.

I've not seen that heli that you refer to in your post (''Zermatt'') - could you provide me with a link so I can look at its specs? Ta. It might be possible to run 11.1V (3-cell) lipos through its electronics & this would either cause it to have heaps more power & behave properly or smoke the mosfets[] If you do try it, I suggest immediately before putting all the works of a BOL in one......[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Hi Peter,

Here's the link to the Heli... http://www.bananahobby.com/1906.html I bought it because of the large size... but it certainly doesn't fly like a BOL. You know, if you look waaaay under the bed, there's probably a lot more stuff under there. lol I just rebuilt my 450 for the third time! I have some kind of mental block that I'm going to crash it.... so I do! I should bind some of my stuff to my DX6 or DX7. I have a ton of transmitters!

LOL... I don't think this thing will handle 11.1v.... it actually has plenty of power, but very little FF. Ha, and yes.... if I do try 11.1v I'll be sure to swap things out first!

Best,

Buzz
Old 06-13-2011, 12:18 AM
pgroom_68

Hi Peter,
Here's the link to the Heli... http://www.bananahobby.com/1906.html I bought it because of the large size... but it certainly doesn't fly like a BOL. You know, if you look waaaay under the bed, there's probably a lot more stuff under there. lol I just rebuilt my 450 for the third time! I have some kind of mental block that I'm going to crash it.... so I do! I should bind some of my stuff to my DX6 or DX7. I have a ton of transmitters!
LOL... I don't think this thing will handle 11.1v.... it actually has plenty of power, but very little FF. Ha, and yes.... if I do try 11.1v I'll be sure to swap things out first!
Best,
Hey again Buzz,

Now you've confused me - the specs say it is a 3-cell.[sm=49_49.gif]

Package includes:
11.1V 1600mAh 20C Li-Polymer Rechargeable Battery for Helicopter [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Forward flight is related to the servo throw and the flybar authority. Hand-hold the bird at arms length (safety first!), and slowly spin up tilt it about and see if the flybar weight is very high & can be reduced (to reduce the authority hold). Also check that the servos have arms (or "horns") with holes to adjust the throw. It could be a very flyable bird with a little work mate....!

I have so many projects waaaaay under the bed - and no time to get any started ATM.

P.S. Try a lightweight lipo from a BOL in it - that might just make the diff ....or
P.P.S. I'd be trolling through the listings of lipos on [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=241&LiPoConfig=3]HobbyKing.com[/link] to find a lighter weight lipo with similar dimensions
Old 06-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Buz

Hi Peter,
Best,
Hey again Buzz,

Now you've confused me - the specs say it is a 3-cell.[sm=49_49.gif]

Package includes:
11.1V 1600mAh 20C Li-Polymer Rechargeable Battery for Helicopter [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Forward flight is related to the servo throw and the flybar authority. Hand-hold the bird at arms length (safety first!), and slowly spin up tilt it about and see if the flybar weight is very high & can be reduced (to reduce the authority hold). Also check that the servos have arms (or ''horns'') with holes to adjust the throw. It could be a very flyable bird with a little work mate....!

I have so many projects waaaaay under the bed - and no time to get any started ATM.

P.S. Try a lightweight lipo from a BOL in it - that might just make the diff ....or
P.P.S. I'd be trolling through the listings of lipos on [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=241&LiPoConfig=3]HobbyKing.com[/link] to find a lighter weight lipo with similar dimensions
Hi Peter... I confused myself too! I thought I was ordering the larger of the two... but I got the smaller one. That's why I'm flying on 2s instead of 3s. I never saw the larger one advertised! Hmmmmm.... maybe I should get the large one, and hide it under the bed. LOL This thing has an adjustable pot that allows you to speed up or slow down the rotors. I tweaked that a little and it now goes forward and reverse much better. But these blades on it have to be made of glass! I had one rotor clash and it broke all 4 rotors. I replaced them with BOL blades and it flies just fine. But, I'll take the Big Lama any time over this one.

Buzz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.