Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Newbie with no exp advanced heli

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Newbie with no exp advanced heli

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:46 PM
shonsolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with no exp advanced heli

I placed an order at xheli.com. My choice 2009 Esky Belt Cp V2 6ch. I purchased a flight simulator also. I know this is not recommended, but the order has already being shipped. Advice/ Comments
Old 02-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

Default RE: Newbie with no exp advanced heli

I recommend both Xheli and the use of flight sims....Don't know about the Belt CP but I started with a King2 and then to a Trex 450 clone. Esky heli's are what they are, entry level helicopters for the CCPM beginner. Price wise it makes sense to start with Esky. Which part do you think is not recommended? Which sim did you get?

Z
Old 02-07-2009, 10:36 PM
KCinNC

nothing wrong with the Belt CP...

BUT DO NOT !!!!!!......think you can plug in the battery, take it out in the yard and start flying !!!! whole lotta learning and adjusting with a collective pitch heli....ALOT!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 05:30 AM
warpnine

The Esky flight training kit comes with the free FMS simulation software (which is nearly useless IMHO) and the 0905A USB flight controller. It is worth the price of the package, just for the USB controller!

I got the $39 shareware ClearView flight simulator ( http://rcflightsim.com/download.html ) that is leaps and bounds better than FMS - and works perfectly out of the box with the Esky 0905A controller. ClearView has photo-realistic models and flying fields (lots of them), complex model parameters, a realistic flight model, and a ton of freely downloadable models for it - including the original Belt CP (check out the links from their home page). I haven't seen a Belt CP V2 model yet, but it is still so new that someone is probably working on it. I'd be surprised if the flight characteristics of the V2 were much different anyway... Give it a look, once you get your USB controller. I think you get 5 minutes of flying time before you have to buy it, but the cost is a life time cost - you'll get all future upgrades for free!

Practice with a flight sim is essential and will save you lots of crashes. Also check out Radd's School of Rotary Flight ( http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html ) which is a great program for teaching you to fly without crashing so much too.

Hope this helps!
Dave

Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
FLYGUY09

Shonsolo....I am basically in the same boat. I only have coaxial heli experience (lama v4) and decided to make the jump to CP helis just recently. I just got my Belt CP V2 the other week from XHeli and I got what I ordered without any apparent damages. So far, I have only checked over the easy stuff (swash plate & servos). I have a lot more to check but am in no rush to fly it. I know the sooner I start flying it the sooner I will crash it, so I am spending lots of time on the sims and also looking at pre-flight check vidoes (realbigdady has a bunch on youtube) and finless bob on helifreak. I have also been looking over RADD's and a bunch of other things. That would be my advice to you as well....just practice a ton on the sims, take the setup process real slow and if you have other FP or coax heli's keep flying them.

I bought the sims Xheli offered which was the latest FMS software with a dedicated transmitter that is powered via the USB port. So no wasted batteries with that trainer, which i really like.

I am going to upgrade my sims to Clearview. So far I can't justify the extra $160 to upgrade to the top of the lime G4.5 sim. I have read nothing but positives on Clearview from all kinds of folks and have decided that's probably the best bang for the buck. I'm gettting it this weekend and will let you know what I think of it.