Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

V4 Alum upgrade swash..will solder stick?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

V4 Alum upgrade swash..will solder stick?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:45 PM
FoxK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V4 Alum upgrade swash..will solder stick?

Hi all
Just got aluminum upgrade ESKY swash plate....cept while installing it I broke a part. You know the plastic that runs from the blades and attaches to the swash ball-like thingy?...its a 2 ended plastic piece with rings on the ends to slide over the balls on the swash and rotar assemblies. Well, the new swash came with tiny screws with a ball head to accept these push rods but while screwin it in, it actually broke off lol....now the broken part is inside the threading so I can remove it. Right now, I actually super-glued and wire wrapped the rod to the swash to keep it connected (the one that moves heli forward and backward) and that's working well but i'm afraid of a catastrophic failure that might result in the death of the plastic mini heli crew
I was wondering, since I have the broken end of the ball screw, if I could just solder it to the other piece lodged inside. Is it possible to solder this you think?....i'm not sure what alloy it is (the screw) or whether the solder will attach to the swash. At least that way, thestock push rod couldbe attached over this ball like normal.....Hate to get a refund....it came all the way from China.
Thanks for any help

FoxK

Old 05-31-2009, 08:08 AM
USHobbySupply

Default RE: V4 Alum upgrade swash..will solder stick?

It would be best to remove the piece stuck in the swash and use a new screw. It will be difficult, but can be done with the right extractor bit.

I would not fly with the ball link assembly held by superglue and wire. It will fail and catastrophically!

Old 05-31-2009, 02:41 PM
FoxK

Default RE: V4 Alum upgrade swash..will solder stick?

Thanks for the input   I guess I need to go to a hardware store and look for this "extractor bit"...trying to figure out how this thing would work   I guess somehow it must grab the innards of the screw to gain grip to reverse it back out