Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Esky 4-1 reciver repair - excellent

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky 4-1 reciver repair - excellent

Old 07-30-2009, 12:49 PM
vlaporte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky 4-1 reciver repair - excellent

I had a great experience with my Esky HoneyBee FP 4- 1 repair from MicroMike.
I added an Xtreme 380 main motor and direct drive tail motor which improved the performance greatly. I finally burned out the 4-1 receiver and sent it for repair to MicroMike (www.radiocontrolrepair.com) and got a professional speedy repair (less than one week). I will be back flying in my horse pasture in a few days. I have installed a 10A fuse on my main motor and a 4A fuse on my tail motor so no more burn outs for the 4-1 receiver.
Vince
Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 PM
pgroom_68

Default RE: Esky 4-1 reciver repair - excellent

ORIGINAL: vlaporte
I had a great experience with my Esky HoneyBee FP 4- 1 repair from MicroMike.
I added an Xtreme 380 main motor and direct drive tail motor which improved the performance greatly. I finally burned out the 4-1 receiver and sent it for repair to MicroMike (www.radiocontrolrepair.com) and got a professional speedy repair (less than one week). I will be back flying in my horse pasture in a few days. I have installed a 10A fuse on my main motor and a 4A fuse on my tail motor so no more burn outs for the 4-1 receiver.
Hey Vince,

I was thinking of using this service, but the price put me off! How much money did it cost you? (if you don't mind me asking)

Thanks

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 07-30-2009, 11:09 PM
rusty63

Hi Peter , In Aus . Paul Daniels of NQRCwill fix mosfets / upgraded $20 . Anything else if repairable would be extra .
Russell
Old 07-31-2009, 04:28 PM
vlaporte

Peter,
Cost of repair was $35 plus shipping one way. Fast service - about one week.
I realize that I could have bought a new Esky 4in 1 for $45 but all my favorite web stores are out of stock.
I could also use my receiver part (Esky 2.4G receiver) and buy an Esky 3 in 1 for $39 and they are instock at xheli.com
http://www.xheli.com/ek2-0701.html
Vince
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 PM
rusty63

I bought a box of Heli stuff from local hobbyshop . Included a few dead 4in1 s . With some dead ones me and friends already had , sent 5 to be repaired . I noted Esky prices NEW4in1s have dropped lots recently $35 aus new delivered . But thought id take chance on repairs as , fitted with higher graded mosfets .Russell
Old 08-10-2009, 10:17 PM
cogdillm

I offer two types of repair options.

1. 32 AMP High Performane repair/upgrade
For $25 you get upgraded 16 amp low on resistance mosfets and diodes.

2. 66 AMP High Performance Repair/upgrade
For $35 I install dual 5.0 regulators so your unit can handle a 11.1 battery
Reverse current diodes with higher value replacement... less chance of blowing the unit up if battery is connected backwards.
Replace mosfets with ultra low on resistance FETS. ...IE longer flight times and more power less chance of burning up in the event of an crash.

Stock units will meltdown easily in the event of an crash or you upgrade motots etc. Save money and end up with a better unit!!

See my reviews...

http://www.radiocontrolrepair.com/reviews.html

Thanks MicroMike
Old 08-12-2009, 03:07 AM
rusty63

Hi MicroMike , Im with you on the higher specs used for repairs . I have mine back , repaired by aussie guy . Going of beter parts installed /quality of repairs . In long run i think works out better value .I canreportfindings over next few months as i try/install them . First of should be mates Walkera 53# and my Twister Medevac both run 7.4vt . i blew Twisters 4in1 fault finding mates 53#. Twas faulty engine .ouch ..It great to have guys like you around who can rebuild with better components . Russell