Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

New Belt CP won't run at all

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Belt CP won't run at all

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:06 PM
DadofRCTeen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Belt CP won't run at all

Hi -

My son received a Belt CP as a gift. It has an Esky 0406A 6 channel transmitter, an EK2-0420A ESC, and an EK2-0704 Gyro. All the servos work, but the motor never spins. While I am an Electrical Engineer, I know nothing about RC helicopters... the motor could be blown, but that seems unlikely in a new device. I've checked the connections between the motor and the ESC, and they seem to all be correct. I could put a voltmeter on them if I knew what to look for.

Is there a mode the ESC/motor can get in that prevents the motor from running? I've read the manual and googled for hours. There are hints of other people having the same problem, but no solution I can find. I though I'd try here before throwing the thing away.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Baldeagle
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Belt CP won't run at all

Check the idel up switch on to of the trans. The motor won't work if it is in the wrong possion.