Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Trex 450 Metal head / tail on Belt CP V2

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Trex 450 Metal head / tail on Belt CP V2

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 AM
NeilS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450 Metal head / tail on Belt CP V2

Idecided to bite the bullet and get the real thing, opposed to the fleebay garbage.

THe cost of the head was very reasonable. Fortunately Ifound a Youtube video showing step by step install instructions. A few parts need to be swapped.

1, The swash plate is 180o out, so the existing Swash is needed.Swap the ball ends over..

2, The main shaft holes for the rotot hub and main gear are also wrong, so the OEM shaft is needed.

3, The OEM main shaft is longer than the TREX, so it doesn't fit into the rotor hub enough to line up the fixing hole. Small hacksaw to take off 4 mm..

I installed it last night, with all the little changes took less than an hour, and Iwas flying...Seems strange to see the flybar under the blades....But the stability is much better. Even a novice pilot like me can feel the difference. Tonight I'll tackle the tail rotor...

When its all done I'll post some piccies

N