Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee CP3 : no pitch. HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee CP3 : no pitch. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Tuxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honeybee CP3 : no pitch. HELP!

Hey RCU!
I just bought an esky honeybee cp3 and wanted to do the first flight today. I seriously followed all the instructions carefully and turned the thing on. As I pushed the first grip up, the throttle increased (the blades turned well, like they are supposed to ), but the pitch nearly doesn't move. When the throttle is at 100%, the helicopter is still on the ground and doesn't move. I tried to activate the 3D switch to see if the pitch moved better, but it's still nearly nothing. I can't get this helicopter to take off
If you have any clues, please post!
Thank you
Tuxer
Old 08-26-2010, 05:17 PM
dchin62973

Default RE: Honeybee CP3 : no pitch. HELP!

It should be able to lift right out of the box. Disconnect the main motor power. Then turn on the helicopter and bind with the Tx. Throttle the heli up slowly and watch to see if the blade grips and the servos move. The blade grips should turn as you throttle up. If they are not, then you need to see if the servos are working properly. Use the yaw stick to see if all servo arms are working properly.

[8D]
Old 08-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Tuxer

Thanks for your answer!
That's what I did, by the way. The servos are really functionning as they should be (cyclic axis are good), but the pitch information sent to them is wrong, I think. The servos move when I throttle up (engine unplugged), but not a lot. The blades turn a little, but really not that much (not enough to lift the helicopter).
On the CP3, there is an Idle UP mode where rotor speed and pitch are modified to be able to do 3D (the throttle/speed and throttle/pitch graphics aren't proportionnal anymore). Well, when I activate this mode (anyway, the chopper doesn't take off ), the actual moves of the rotor speed and pitch doesn't correspond to what it should be
I think the 4 in 1 is actually problematic here, since the servos and radio are working fine, but I'm not sure.

Err, what does "and bind with the Tx" mean?

Thanks again
Tuxer
Old 08-31-2010, 11:19 AM
sharkyh2o

What positions are the switches on the Tx

Aileron?
Elevator?
Throttle?
Pit?

This was one of my issues out of the box for one of my CP3's
Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 AM
dchin62973

Here are the switch settings for your E-SKY CP3. For more information goto : rtf-heli.com

AIL=UP
ELE=UP
THR=DOWN
RUD=UP

Here is our latest video of the CP3 remodelled as the CPX.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opL8qKVax9g[/youtube]

[8D]
Old 11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
siryan

so the cpx is a cp3 with a fuse ?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 AM
ccowboyearl01

I have a cp 3 also. switch settings are up,up,down,down. This is a mode 2 tx. Try lowering the swash plate. This will give you more pitch. Shorten the links 1 turn at a time until you get enough pitch to lift off and hover. Make sure servos are as close to 90 degrees as possible. Swash is level. Trims tabs are in center. Throttle trim all the way down. Also make sure the blades aren't too tight.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
nick4622

What Tx are you using?
The e-sky 6-ch Tx Ihad had two dials on the top with the gyro and throttle hold switches.
Try turning the dials, if there are any and see what happens.
Well Ithink it could be the hover/pitch dial.

Just a thought.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:19 PM
andrewbassi

Originally Posted by Tuxer
Hey RCU!
I just bought an esky honeybee cp3 and wanted to do the first flight today. I seriously followed all the instructions carefully and turned the thing on. As I pushed the first grip up, the throttle increased (the blades turned well, like they are supposed to ), but the pitch nearly doesn't move. When the throttle is at 100%, the helicopter is still on the ground and doesn't move. I tried to activate the 3D switch to see if the pitch moved better, but it's still nearly nothing. I can't get this helicopter to take off
If you have any clues, please post!
Thank you
Tuxer
just in case anyone else is having this issue, it could be due to the mini pcb mount switches under the battery bay. There are two switches (remove the batteries to see them) and in some configurations they will not operate the bird as expected. With switch 1 on and 2 off the pitch will not change with throttle input. On mine it requires switch 2 on and switch 1 off, this gives pitch control. Sometimes it is necessary to change the default switch setting if using the transmitter as a trainer or for using a simulator. I used mine on a sim many moons ago and had obviously forgotten to switch it back.