Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Less than a day before RCX!

Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Less than a day before RCX!

Old 03-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Rocketeer10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Less than a day before RCX!

For all the west coast modelers, don't forget that Tomorrow, the RCX show and the Model Airplane News Expo starts at the FairPlex center in Pomona, CA!
Check out our link here for details: http://tinyurl.com/4lmj3or
and if you want to get tickest check out the main site: www.rcx.com
Remember show your AMA card and/or your active military ID card and get in free!
Cheers,
GY
Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Longbaskt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Less than a day before RCX!

Went today (Sat.).. It's supposed to rain tomorrow.  However, the turn-out looks like most thought it would rain today.  I know to the rest of the country  this is no big deal... but it devastates us here.  We don't dress for it, can't drive in it.. and it ruins our mood. 

Mostly the same folks and a bunch of "toy" vendors as well. 

The car guys were in full swing and it's always nice to see entire families with young kids at this event.  They even bring in specially costumed young girls to promote products... way better than the AMA show. 

Hobby People were not there this year.  I thought they had something to do with putting the whole thing together in the past.  I guess that changed.  Perhaps they didn't promote the event this year so that's why the attendance seemed lower. 

It seems that the hobby is in a transition phase... ARFs became BNF or PNF and there is a disconnect with the older build and fly folks.  The people that I say who made purchases were carrying - Helicopters (RTF and on the lower end of the price line), Trucks (RTR) and some cars.  The least purchased were RC planes of any kind.  Plenty of electric powered planes and few if any power planes.

Be sure to come with a full stomach... the prices are especially high ($4 for Nacho's /soda's/ and almost $4 for a normal sized hot dog)...  I was told beer ran $9 to $12... I didn't even look at the price. 

Even with the smaller crowds... the enthusiasm seemed high and everyone was having a good time.  There are two "huts" where the action is going on... the first is mostly plane guys and the second is mostly car guys... there is a cool track for demoing the cars (in and out) but the exhaust can be a little irritating to your throat.

I didn't see anything earth-breaking that had everyone talking and wanting... but it was worthwhile to go see and to catch up with old friends.