Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

My name is Denny and I am a swap meet addict, are there more out there?

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

My name is Denny and I am a swap meet addict, are there more out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My name is Denny and I am a swap meet addict, are there more out there?

Anyone else addicted to swap meets? I have been in the RC airplane hobby for about 6 years now. I have to say, one of the things I love about this hobby are the Swap meets! I cant seem to pass one up if there is any way I can make it there. Almost all of the 70 or 80 planes I have owned are second hand planes bought at swap meets. People used to ask me; "You have such a wide variety of planes, how do you decide what your next plane will be?" Any my answwer is; "It depends on what wings and fuselages I find in the crash can at the field and what deals I find at the swap meets." I honestly wouldnt have 1/3 of the planes I have opwned if I had to buy them new in the box, or new kits that hadnt been started. I normally find items at swap meets, new in the box for 1/2 their new price. From odds and end parts to started kits and engines. I went to Perry for the first time this year and almost needed CPR. It was OVERWHELMING to say the least. I am addicted, like hunting for treasure, I just love it. Anyone else addicted to swap meets or is it just me?
Denny
Old 03-18-2012, 03:05 AM
tenacious101010

Default RE: My name is Denny and I am a swap meet addict, are there more out there?

I will take that as a NO. I can keep all the good deals to myself
Old 03-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My name is Denny and I am a swap meet addict, are there more out there?

I'm not addicted to swap meets since locally there are only 2-3 per year and they are small.

Jim
Old 03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

I will take that as a NO. I can keep all the good deals to myself

Sorry you cannot take that as a No, Modelers as a group in my memory going back to 1954 are in fact voracious scvangers. I have attended, witnessed and participated in many feeding frenzys both sparsely populated and the major metropolitan areas around the country.

Sooo Denny be careful, we are everywhere and we are watching with an eye on You! [X(]

John
Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
tenacious101010

LMAO, John, Looks like I do have some competition
Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 AM
loser
My Feedback: (37)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are all listed in the AMA non-flying events calendar.....
Old 04-01-2012, 06:24 AM
jimalex
My Feedback: (2)

Although its a bit of a trip for you, check our event posted here in RCUniverse. It's Saturday May the 12th and is a fun fly and swap meet.
The field is located in Covington Ga (15-20 mi east of Atlanta)
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 AM
tenacious101010

jimalex, I would love to attend that event. Thats just a bit out of my ablility to attend but thanks for sharing the event. I hope it is a great one. If you get any pictures of the event to post, sure woudl enjoy seeing what was up for sale.