Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
What is the best (largest, assorted, vendors, demos, etc.) RC show to attend? >

What is the best (largest, assorted, vendors, demos, etc.) RC show to attend?

Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

What is the best (largest, assorted, vendors, demos, etc.) RC show to attend?

Old 05-19-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best (largest, assorted, vendors, demos, etc.) RC show to attend?

Hello All,

I would love to attend a high-quality RC show. Is there a "Sturgis" of RC in the USA? I remember as a child going to a scale show. It was just about the coolest thing I had ever seen. I've seen some footage of jets being flown at shows in Europe. Anything like that here? I'd make a trip of it.

Thanks.

DG
Old 05-19-2014, 02:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not been to a RC Show since the ones done by Sandy XX in Ft Worth, TX some years ago. Years ago, when I lived in the Chicago area, I made several local shows and the Toledo shows.
Since I am no longer qualified to judge a show due to my non-participation, I suggest you might consider the big AMA show each JANUARY in the southern California area.
Good Luck!
Old 05-19-2014, 03:04 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there a local area that you are looking at? How far would you travel? Open flying? Warbirds? Soaring? A little information goes a long way.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:16 PM

jeffEE,

I'm in northern California, but I'd travel to Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, or the state of southern California.

I would really enjoy big scale planes (Jets, Warbirds) and big gliders. I'm not too up on all of the different classes. It would be extra cool if I could shop on the same road trip.

DG
Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx
This would be a good place to start. You can gat a list of clubs in your area and look at the events each has to offer, along with contact information. Good luck
Old 05-20-2014, 11:13 AM

Thank you