Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

5th Annual Mid Atlantic Dawn Patrol

Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

5th Annual Mid Atlantic Dawn Patrol

Old 04-18-2016, 07:40 AM
sidthecat
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 5th Annual Mid Atlantic Dawn Patrol

Good Day to All!!
I am hoping that all of you have been working hard on yourWWI birds over the winter and are now ready for some good flying.
The 5[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Mid Atlantic Dawn Patrol planningis in full gear. We have had to move the MAD Patrol just a bit to the right.You can thank the national election year for that. At any rate we are going tohave a great event with the usual laid back atmosphere and just plain fun forall. The MAD Patrol will be held at the Military Aviation Museum in VirginiaBeach VA on 11 October through 16 October 2016. The landing fee remains $35.00for the five-day event. Your landing fee will cover you plus one guest for fullaccess to the museum a goodie bag and a catered dinner on Friday evening. Children10 and under are free. The event will be open to all scales, and all militaryand civilian aircraft from the dawn of flight to 1939. The only rule is thatyour airplane can not have been a bomber or fighter used in WWII. There will betrophies, and awards along with prizes and gifts. For all who have been to MADPatrol, pass the word on how good this event truly is. For all of you who areon the fence about coming, well get off the fence. You will not be disappointed.Please contact me at [email protected]for any questions.
We will have camping on site but no hookups. All aircraftwill be stored in the WWI hanger overnight and you will be able to charge yourgear overnight. If you bring your family and they want to go to the beach well thatísonly 15 minutes away. We will have discounts on hotels too.
Much more to follow.
Pre-registration is now open at www.flytrc.com. Click on Dawn patrol andanswer a few questions.
We canít wait to see ya!!
Calling all half scale Fokkers!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MADP2 001.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	955.0 KB
ID:	2157935  
Old 04-18-2016, 07:46 AM
sidthecat

Default Half scale Fokker GTM

Here is what I will be flying this year. So all of the Sopwith's and Nieuports had better take notice and watch your six.LOL

Name:	IMAG0121.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	4.34 MB
ID:	2157941  
Old 04-21-2016, 05:26 AM
sidthecat

So What would you guys and gals like to have for the Friday awards dinner. We are looking at a few ideas, but I would like your input. Also is there anything you would like to do or see during the event. This event is for you so your input is very important.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:45 AM
sidthecat

I am looking at giving out a Blue Maxx to German pilots who fly at least 20 times, A Victoria Cross to the British pilots who do the same.
They will have to be documented or witnessed. I will also get some German pilot badges, British, French, and American wings and some other fun stuff for awards.
the first 100 pilots will receive a goodie bag.
More to follow.
Der Rittmeister Scott
Old 05-08-2016, 07:50 PM
FireBee
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will bring two Fokkers 1/4 D-VII and 1/3 D-VIII/ EV actually.

Poster said 1903-1939. If I finish my Stearman will that be ok to fly?

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	488.7 KB
ID:	2161668   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	2161669  
Old 05-09-2016, 05:00 AM
sidthecat

Stearmans are more than welcome.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:57 PM
FireBee
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok thanks. But I also did some re-riging of flying Wirs on the old N-28 and finished the last detail. The shadow on both of the fuselage side numbers.

So I think keeping with more Great War machines is the best, besides need some allied warbirds as well.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:27 AM
sidthecat

Went to Joe Nall and flew my 1/2 scale DR-1. Flew great. Sorry I didn't get any pics. Hooked up with the Long Island crew. Great bunch of guys. Joe Nall was a great time and the weather was great for most of the time. It was sad to see how few WWI planes were there, but the one that were there, were awesome. I want to say thank you to Joe at ZDZ USA. You guys did great things for my engine. made all of the work on the plane worth the effort. It a power house now and made the Fokker come alive.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:11 AM
sidthecat

Made it to Warbirds over Delaware where we were able to spend time with Roger Spoore who past away this past week. Roger is one of the best guys you would have ever met. He was a very good friend and fellow flyer. He will be missed.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:30 AM
sidthecat

Well we are getting closer to the MAD Patrol. Everything is moving along very well.
We have done some things that will help make this year's event that much better. The camping and RV area will be doubled in size. I am sorry but we cant cut the trees. We will have some early Dawn patrols. Looking at a better food menu. If there is something you would like us to take a look at, just let me know and we will see what we can do.
Scott
Old 08-24-2016, 06:14 AM
sidthecat

We are just a month and a half away from the MAD Patrol. That will go very quick. Everything is falling into place. We will have a fully catered dinner on Friday. First 75 pilots will get a canvas goodie bag.
Please go to www.flytrc.com to pre register so we can get good numbers for the Friday awards dinner.

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	2178169  
Old 10-10-2016, 04:31 AM
sidthecat

FOR ALL,
The Mid Atlantic Dawn Patrol is still on!! So get you birds and gear packed up and head to the Military aviation Museum.
We are not going to let Hurricane Matthew spoil our event.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:15 AM
sidthecat

To all,
The 5th Annual Mid Atlantic Dawn Patrol was a great success. We had 41 pilots from around the country. The weather was nearly perfect all 5 days.
I want to say thank you to GTM, Team Aeroscale, Balsa USA, Debbies RC World, RTL, Servo City, Tower Hobbies, and Horizon Models. I also want to thank the Military Aviation Museum. They do so much for the MAD Patrol. Last but not least, thank you to all of the pilots who were able to get to the event. As you Know we were on the tail of hurricane Matthew. Many folks were not able to make the event and we totally understand. I wish all that have been effected by the storm a speedy recovery. As soon as I get the photo album of the event I will get the pics posted.
Scott