Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Warbirds Over Livermore 2019

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Warbirds Over Livermore 2019

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 04:58 PM
Flyfast1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warbirds Over Livermore 2019

The Livermore Flying Electrons are pleased to again host their annual warbird event, Warbirds Over Livermore 2019. The event will be held on Saturday, August 17th. All types and sizes of military aircraft are welcome, including fixed wing, helicopters, gas, glow, turbines and electric. Current AMA membership is required.

All skill levels are welcome and this a fun event for everyone. Everyone gets to fly, regardless of skill level or experience.

Awards for Best WWI, Best WWII & Pilots Choice

No landing fee and free BBQ lunch for pilots! Just come out and have fun flying warbirds!

Guests and vendors are welcome!

The address of the club is 4455 Raymond Road in Livermore, California 94550

More information available at www.lferc.com

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WOL 2019 Flyer.pdf (353.7 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Flyfast1; 12-30-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:42 PM
Flyfast1

This event is coming up on Saturday and the weather forecast is for temperatures in the 80s with West winds down the runway. Should be a nice day.

Several people have asked about camping, RVs, etc., and all are welcome to stay overnight, although we don't have hookups, other than electricity in the pits area.

See you there!

-Ed B.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:20 AM
Flyfast1

The club’s annual warbird event, Warbirds Over Livermore 2019, was held on Saturday, August 17th and it was another successful event. We were fortunate to have an 85-degree day in between much hotter days, and the winds were down the runway from the West/Southwest. There was lots of good, safe flying, and everyone had a fun time.

There was a free pilots raffle with building tools and accessories, such as various types of adhesives, 100 packs of x-acto blades, and seven bottles of wine donated by my wife and I. There were enough prizes that almost every pilot got something.

Part of the noon-time lineup.

Michael Radu won both Best WWI and Pilots Choice with his ¼ scale Fokker DVII. Michael’s flying was fun and exciting, and the smoke looked great!

Daryl Rolla won Best WWII with his 1/5 scale Supermarine Seafire. The Seafire was a Spitfire modified for carrier operations and Daryl’s model was beautifully weathered and included a scale tail hook.

Here is a link to the full photo gallery.

-Ed B.

Last edited by Flyfast1; 10-13-2019 at 09:33 AM.