Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Come Fly with Chip Hyde, Jason Shulman, Sean McMurtry & Mark Leseberg at the EAC Memphis Indoor.

Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Come Fly with Chip Hyde, Jason Shulman, Sean McMurtry & Mark Leseberg at the EAC Memphis Indoor.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:33 PM
AirplaneBlaine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Come Fly with Chip Hyde, Jason Shulman, Sean McMurtry & Mark Leseberg at the EAC Memphis Indoor.

The Extreme Aerobatic Club will be putting on an Indoor Electric Fly In and Extreme Freestyle Championships. It will be held at the Pyramid Arena in Memphis, TN. The date is March 10th & 11th 2006. This event is a one of a kind event. We will be conducting an all day open fly in with a freestyle contest on Saturday for the half-time show. We will have 20 of the top pilots in the world competing for cash and prizes. The top five finishers from last years contest will have an automatic invite back for 2006. We are going to invite 10 pilots and we will have an open audition for the 5 remaining open spots on Saturday morning. This contest also has a very unique twist. All the pilots' identities will be hidden from the judges. This will be done to prevent any judging bias. This will insure that whomever flies the best will take home top honors. We also have another first for the finals of the freestyle contest. The 10 finalist will all fly identical airplanes in the finals that we will provide. We will be playing music all day and have plenty of open flying. This is an AMA sanctioned event. Proof of AMA Insurance required. Food and bathrooms will be available. We will have open flying from 12PM to 10PM on Friday the 10th and Saturday the fly in starts at 9AM and goes until 10PM. We will have electricity available for charging. Bring your A/C Chargers.

Admission is $5 to get in the door. Any AMA member that wants to fly will be asked to pay an additional $15 landing fee and show a current AMA card. Children under 12 get in free.

To view the Pyramid Arena website click link below

http://www.pyramidarena.com/overview.html

We are trying to get a pilots list put together. If you think your coming please send an Email to [email protected]

Pilots List
Updated 2-20-06

Blaine Austin
Bryan Davison
Bryan Zang
Buddy Laughter
Chip Hyde
Chris Dion
Chris Hinson
Dan Landis
Duane Long
Dudley Snell
Gary Seeloff
Gary Wright
Greg Poppel
Hal Jennings
Jack Estes
Jason Cohen
Jason Correro
Jason Danhakl
Jason Noll
Jason Shulman
Jeff Pfeiffer
Jeremy Chinn
Jerry L. Smith
Jim Flannigan
John Coffin
John Light
John Mazzola
John Seaton
Josh Glavin
Larry Levine
Mark Leseberg Jr.
Mark Trent
Matt Phillips
Mike "Gator" Smith
Mike Miller
Mike Payton
Paul Swanson
Rick Hargas
Russell Reel
Sean McMurtry
Stan Watkins
Terry Boston
Todd Blose
Tony Dupaquier
Tony Stillman
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88964.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	407131   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45625.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	407132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp32866.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	407133  
Old 02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
TimDavie
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Come Fly with Chip Hyde, Jason Shulman & Sean McMurtry at the EAC Memphis Indoor.

this should be another great EAC event! Great lineup of pilots and a great venue. I was in the pyramid last month. Huge!!! Got to be the best indoor event in this section of the country!
Old 02-13-2006, 04:41 PM
toddblose
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Come Fly with Chip Hyde, Jason Shulman & Sean McMurtry at the EAC Memphis Indoor.

I will be there, looking forward to this great event and seeing all the new stuff
everyone will have. Should be very interesting.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:10 PM
jnjacksn

Take a look at this...
Click on TN

http://outdoorchannel.com/index2.cfm?ss=239&site=1
Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 PM
lsu_fan
My Feedback: (43)

Counting the days down already! What a great way to kick off the flying season....If you have a foamy...I suggest you be there LOL. Look foward to seeing everyone.Oh yea, whos bringing the 55 gallon drum of foam CA? I'm sure we'll need it!
Peace,
J. Correro
Old 02-13-2006, 10:12 PM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

[link]http://www.blaineaustin.com/memphis_indoor.htm[/link]

Looking at last years pics it looks like it was a great event. I can't wait to get there. I just noticed that there is no flying on Sunday, which means Gary Wright and I will have a full non-work day to get home. And for anyone with-in a few hours of there can go to the event, then get home Saturday night and go flying on Sunday. How can you beat that!

Jason
Old 02-14-2006, 10:25 AM
jack01
My Feedback: (3)

This is gonna be HUGE! There's gonna be a ton of open flying, great prizes, and great music. Plus, the Pyramid is prolly' the best place for an indoor fly-in next to a blimp hangar.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:05 PM
StaggerBee
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: jnjacksn

Take a look at this...
Click on TN

http://outdoorchannel.com/index2.cfm?ss=239&site=1
I have been trying to get inside rc to cover the event, This might be a good sign!!!!!!!!!!!

Have your seen the new host???? Anna Curtis [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Oh, By the way THIS is the PYRAMID ARENA!!!!!!!!

Name:	Db83921.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	408138  
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2006, 01:28 PM
msu68stang
My Feedback: (7)

Guess I'll have to put of moving into my house to come and help with the event if she is going to be hosting. ;-)
Old 02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

will rookies with foamies be welcome ? i just soloed my trainer last summer, but i live to fly 3D someday, i have a H/L Yak55 that im trying to learn with, man its tough ! anyway, my wife and i will be there as spectators, at least(a long drive from indiana) ...the guys at my LHS said they had a blast at the E-Fest, so, i know for sure , i'm not gonna miss this one !
Old 02-20-2006, 12:32 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Add me to the list of pilots...Im a "hopeful" going for one of the 5 open spots to compete.

It would be an honor just to get a chance to fly against some of those guys. I've been practicing, got a routine down...time to show what'cha got.
Even if I dont get to compete...its still gonna be one hey of a party!

I need more information though...

What are the judging catagories, and how are they scored?
Need the info to fine tune the routine.

Tony Stillman offered me a ride up there...so hey....cant turn that down...

Anna Curtis...
all I can say is.....

Name:	Mj24328.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	412063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73135.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	412064  
Old 02-20-2006, 01:34 PM
StaggerBee

ORIGINAL: bdavison

Add me to the list of pilots...Im a "hopeful" going for one of the 5 open spots to compete.

It would be an honor just to get a chance to fly against some of those guys. I've been practicing, got a routine down...time to show what'cha got.
Even if I dont get to compete...its still gonna be one hey of a party!

I need more information though...

What are the judging catagories, and how are they scored?
Need the info to fine tune the routine.

Tony Stillman offered me a ride up there...so hey....cant turn that down...

Anna Curtis...
all I can say is.....

This should help.
http://www.blaineaustin.com/flight_rules_.htm

Also I will need your first and last name for the list...

B
Old 02-20-2006, 02:16 PM
bdavison

I sent it to blaine per the post above.

My full name is Bryan Davison
from Pensacola, FL

Old 02-20-2006, 02:43 PM
bdavison

I have a few questions.

Must use a rubber spinner to cover prop shaft(This is mandatory)
What about motors that dont have prop shafts....like AXI's and planes with o-ring propsavers? There's no way to attach a rubber spinner.
So do I now have to change my motors on all 6 planes to another type with prop shaft to use a rubber spinner?

In the finals, All 10 finalists will fly identical airplanes provided by the EAC
Any Idea of what exactly these planes are? Lightweight Shockies, or some bump overweight flying brick from a sponsor?

Ive run into another problem...2 min flights. Hmmm. The music I had lined up was VERY original, and was tuned for a 3min flight. Time to do some musical editing.....NUTS.
is there a penalty for going over the 2 mins? Under the 2min?

There's always the possibility that I wont even make it that far...but I would still like to be prepared...ya never know.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:31 PM
StaggerBee

ORIGINAL: bdavison

I have a few questions.

Must use a rubber spinner to cover prop shaft(This is mandatory)
What about motors that dont have prop shafts....like AXI's and planes with o-ring propsavers? There's no way to attach a rubber spinner.
So do I now have to change my motors on all 6 planes to another type with prop shaft to use a rubber spinner?

O-ring prop saver are fine.
We would like some kind of spinner on the axi's rubber or aluminum " like on the Himax".

In the finals, All 10 finalists will fly identical airplanes provided by the EAC
Any Idea of what exactly these planes are? Lightweight Shockies, or some bump overweight flying brick from a sponsor?

They are not Shockies but not bricks.

Ive run into another problem...2 min flights. Hmmm. The music I had lined up was VERY original, and was tuned for a 3min flight. Time to do some musical editing.....NUTS.
is there a penalty for going over the 2 mins? Under the 2min?

Well if you crash we might make you pick up the plane and run around the arena making noises for the remainder of your 2 minutes!

There's always the possibility that I wont even make it that far...but I would still like to be prepared...ya never know.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:34 AM
bdavison

Well if you crash we might make you pick up the plane and run around the arena making noises for the remainder of your 2 minutes!

HAHAHAHAHA....yeah, I would do it too to get one of those 5 slots....Run around carrying my broken twisted wreck, and flying it like a toy airplane, yelling "WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWREERRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RR"

Just curious, why the spinner rule? Is it to keep it from poking holes in the floor in a crash? I dont catch the logic behind that one.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:31 AM
StaggerBee

Reason number one is that it is a AMA sanctioned event and the AMA recomends spinners or propnuts on ALL aircraft.

Reason number 2 is there will be a LOT of spectators there and for saftey we do not want anyone flying around with 1-2 inches of propshaft sticking out........

B

Old 02-21-2006, 12:43 PM
bdavison

Thats understandable...although ...me personally Id be more worried about that swinging prop than the shaft. The rimfire and the axi's I use dont have prop shafts sticking out the front. Its just a simple blunt built in propsaver that uses a o-ring to attach the prop. So based on what you said....these types are allowed sans spinner...but if the motor has a prop shaft sticking out, it must be covered with a spinner. Do I understand this correctly?

I just dont want to get there with 6 airplanes and not be able to fly because of a piece of rubber.

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:56 PM
StaggerBee

You are Correct!!

You will be fine.....

B
Old 02-21-2006, 03:40 PM
bdavison

So....Im totally stoked about going....is anyone else going? This is going to be one AWESOME indoor electric party.

Name:	Hf98614.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	412823  
Old 02-21-2006, 04:37 PM
StaggerBee

Last year on top of 13 1/2 hours of open flying we gave away $10,500.00 in cash and prizes!!!!!!!

We hope to make this one even better!!! But to do so we need as many pilots to attend as possable........

So if you like Open flying, BSing, and Hooters girls[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Yes I said Hooters girls.....
Then dust off you foamie and head to Mempho!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will have music all day, a freestyle Comp at 3pm and candy drops for the kids..

B
Old 02-21-2006, 06:57 PM
bdavison

Do dogs count as pilots? HEHEHE

Name:	Fd91051.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	412898  
Old 02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
StaggerBee

If they have a current AMA card and the pilot fee H--l yea the are welcome......
Old 02-21-2006, 11:26 PM
bdavison

Ive been trying desperatly to get my "routine" under 2 min...It still comes in around 2 min 22 sec. Hmmmm. I hate to cut it short. Its just so cool...well in my eyes anyway.

Must.....find.....way.....to .....shorten....routine.

I cant wait to see what the other guys come up with.

How high are the ceilings in the pyramid?

Old 02-22-2006, 09:27 AM
StaggerBee

Bout this high!!!

Name:	Nl28314.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	413371  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.