Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
 1st annual skymac "Vette City Big Birds" giant scale fly-in >

1st annual skymac "Vette City Big Birds" giant scale fly-in

Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

1st annual skymac "Vette City Big Birds" giant scale fly-in

Old 03-02-2006, 06:31 PM
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st annual skymac "Vette City Big Birds" giant scale fly-in

Skymac in Bowling Green KY.(corvette capitol) is having our first annual giant scale fly-in on the last weekend of July(29-30). People are welcome to come friday early and setup, ect. as the field will be open. We have currently been working on and soon to be finished field expansion project. Our club has just recieved a grant from the tourist commission. Our runway is soon to be 800'x50' of pavement. We will also be adding electricity and an expanded parking area. Our field is a beautiful open area with plenty of shade trees. Rv's and campers are welcome. There are plenty of hotels within a 3-15 mile radius of our field. Anything with an imaa legal wingspan is welcome to fly whether it be aerobatic,sport,warbird,turbine,ect., bring your giants and join in on the fun. We are really excited about this and have really been working hard to make our field the premier rc flying club in the tri-state area. AMA membership and a $20.00 landing fee is all thats required to fly. We are located about 3 miles off I-65, not far from the corvette plant in bowling green, ky. Come join us and help us break in our new runway and lets make this an annual memorable event!! Dont forget about the bluegrass jet jam jet event we are holding in early june!

For info on our club check out our websight. www.skymacrc.com
For more info on "Vette City Big birds", contact me Chad Wilson at 270-590-0943. E-mail- [email protected]
OR
Dennis Bac at 270-783-4004. E-mail- [email protected]

Stay tuned for more info! Spread the word![8D] Thanks!!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:29 AM

Default RE: 1st annual skymac "Vette City Big Birds" giant scale fly-in

Just got our runway done and it is nice!! Make sure to mark your calenders for this one!!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:41 AM

flyer
Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2006, 10:08 PM

The bluegrass jet jam 2006 is now over and was a sucess!! Next is to get this big bird meet rolling... Everyone that has marked there calenders for this event, I would appreciate you allowing me to know. It would really help us.. Just reply to this post or email. Call if you have any questions. Contact info is at the top of the post. Thanks!!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:25 PM

It is official that MAC HODGES will be coming up for our event!! You dont want to miss this. If you have not seen Mac Hodges do his thing with his GIANT b-29, you are in for a treat! http://www.hodgeshobbies.com/ Joe Bayer of Newburgh Indiana will also be here with his 50% jpx ultralight engine powered patty wagstaff extra! Also if you are a vendor and want to get set up at our fly in, it is only 75.00$. You may contact me 270-590-0943, or dennis 270-783-4004 for more info. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:35 PM

The weather looks good for this upcoming weekend..! Dont miss us this saturday and sunday. Will be a fun event. CHAD