Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

NY WRAM show

Old 02-24-2007, 11:40 AM
airsteve172

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default NY WRAM show

Having (regrettably) attended the show on Friday, I can call this year's event dismal at best. I've seen ups and downs in the quality of the WRAM show in NY over the past 18 years, but this year has been most disappointing with fewer quality exhibitors, fewer competitor displays and more unused space at the arena than I had ever seen before. There wasn't even one jet turbine manufacturer represented at the show yet they did stick in an exhibit for a full size custom motorcycle shop (to fill in some empty space I guess).

Armed with a camera and a pocketful of cash in anticipation of finding some unusual goodies, I walked away having only purchased some CA cement at a good price. The only thing at the show that made me reach for my camera was an ARF Cessna 310 by TopFlite/Great Planes that looks really nice as it is and has a lot of potential for super detailing if one is so inclined.

If the trend continues at this show, maybe next year they'll be including exhibitors for cookware.[&o]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca83034.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	628633