Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Wings Over the Rockies

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Rhus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wings Over the Rockies

I was in Denver over the the weekend of Feb. 21on business. A friend/business associate and I discovered that there was RC event at the "Wings over the Rockies" Museum (www.wingsmuseum.org) in Denver. Something over 14 Colorado RC Plane clubs had booths, as well as local stores, and others.

As we have never been to a big event before, we changed our fllight plans so we could check it out. It was well worth the effort. The museum, which is located in one of the old Lowry AFB's Hangers, is great. Check out the WWW to see more about the museum. If you're in Denver, its worth the time to check it out. Matthew Burchette is the museum curator. He did a phenominal amount of work to help the event organizers prep for the event. The indoor venue is prime place this time of year because of the cold weather.

Anyway, those of you who attended, I'd love to see your photos of the event and hear your thoughts. If you participated in the event preperation, I'd love to have your contact info. We are talking about trying to convince the Hill AFB Museum folks to allow a similar event at their museum.

Please post Pics! Here are some photos of stuff that caught my eye.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53421.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1144723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47083.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	542.4 KB
ID:	1144724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81915.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	377.4 KB
ID:	1144725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48337.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1144726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Te48257.jpg
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1144727  
Old 02-26-2009, 06:57 PM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wings Over the Rockies

Thanks for that information. I sure didn't know anything about that museum.
I was at the new Denver airport a couple of years ago and walking down one of the concorses (A) I think, there were long rows of glass lined cases with beautiful model engines of every size.
I spent about a hour looking at them. A lot of them were hand built multi cylinder.