Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Sizzlin In The Rock July 11, Henderson RC Flying Club, Sherwood, AR

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Sizzlin In The Rock July 11, Henderson RC Flying Club, Sherwood, AR

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sizzlin In The Rock July 11, Henderson RC Flying Club, Sherwood, AR

Come and enjoy the heat and fun at the Henderson ******** Club's SIZZLIN' INTHEROCK on July 11, 2009 at the Henderson ******** Club in Sherwood,AR. Directions can be found at www.hendersonrc.com. This is an AMA sanctioned fun-fly event for FIXEDWING planes, sorry no helicopters can compete, but if you bring one, it can be flown between events. The helicopter flying area is located at the south end of the field (nearest the tree line). We are planning a few demo flights with a couple of the area's best pilots; it is always fun to watch. We are also planning to have demo or two with Open B Combat planes - bring your streamers! Competition events are designed for all classes of pilots novices to "experts" If your not sure of your skills in a particular event, don't worry - all events flown are being drawn from a hat, so be prepared to have some fun!The Club is having a separate raffle for a new 20" LCD Flat Screen TV. Tickets can be pre-purchased at TJ's *********, in Sherwood and you do NOThave to be present to win. The club will have a separate raffle for prizes, but you must be present to win those! Concessions will be on site and lunch is included for all registered pilots.Our cook will make your mouth water! We ask that your purchase your drinks from us! Safety note- we have two fully staffed emergency rooms with 5 minutes from the field in case of an accident. Plenty of parking, but no electricityor water on site. Porta Potties are on-site. Get there early to get a stand! Pop- Ups or some type of shade is highly recommended. If your a planning to come from out of town, plenty of hotels are located within a 10 minute drive of the club. TJ's ********* is located 8 minutes away from the club in case you "forget"something.

The club will also have some TV coverage on KARK Channel 4 with Ms. Tracy Douglass (she's hot!) on the Early Morning Show (5-7 am) on July 10th. Watch it to see the area's newest "TVpersonalities" and hopefully get a good laugh as we fumble being on live TV! We are planning to let Ms. Douglass get some heli time on the air! Hopefully we will also get some additional news coverage from a couple of the local stations for the Saturday night news, maybe you'll get on TV!

CD is Dean Erickson, 501-626-3048 (aka - bassfisher)

Landing fee is only $10 and all spectators are free
AMA is required to participate

Gates open at 7:30 am and Open flying starts at 8:00. The first eventis plannedstart at 9:00 after the Pilots Meeting

Thanks to our sponsers- TJs *********, Sherwood, AR ; Mark's Hobby Shop, Little Rock, AR ; HobbyTown USA, Little Rock, AR ; TOM-FM 106.7 FM ; KARK Channel 4, Little Rock,AR
Old 06-11-2009, 12:28 PM
ndelisle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sizzlin In The Rock July 11, Henderson RC Flying Club, Sherwood, AR

Hi,
 I'm CDing another fun fly and would like some new tasks. I have been using : Team Taxi, Climb and Glide, Loops and rolls. Dice rolls and Bomb Drops. I dropped  Limbo because of safety reasons, mainly for the plane.
 I'm thinking some tasks that a not so competent pilot can do and not get embarrased and that isn't easy as you probably know.

Nelson DeLisle  AMA58493

[email protected]

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 PM
bassfisher

Some of the events that could be drawn from the hat include   21, Golf ball drop, Losing your marbles, Carrier Take-off and Landing, Spot Landing (full stop), Loops and Rolls in a determined time, most take and landings in a determined time anda few others.  If you want specifics for each, send me a PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:51 AM
bassfisher

Just a quick update for this fun-fly. The weather is looking good for the weekend and the event name is spot on. Bring plenty of shade with you, sunny and hot expected with highs at a projected 97 degrees.

Another update - the TV being raffled is a 26" not 20". You can still buy tickets at TJs RC Hobbies in Sherwood and do not have to be present to win. Or you can buy them at the fun-fly!

Hope to see a lot of folks there, the events are ready and just have to be drawn from the hat!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:09 PM
king_arthur1953

Wow what a break. I was scheduled to go to the Rascal 110 fun fly in Evansville this weekend but had to cancel. Then I saw this local event. I will be there with the Land O'Frost Rascal. See you there.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:11 PM
bassfisher

Ron, We look forward to seeing you and the Rascal, bring plenty of other pilots from your club with you!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:09 AM
king_arthur1953

What a great day to fly and a wonderful event. Now I know why its called Sizzlin in the Rock. Near 100 degrees with typical Arkansas humidity. Thanks to all the guys at Sherwood for a great event. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58653.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1234410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14702.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1234411   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23641.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1234412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93048.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1234413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42131.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1234414  
Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 AM
bassfisher

Ron- thanks for coming down. Hope to see you soon! This also goes out to everyone that attended - THANKS!! This was the best fun-fly that the club has hosted in its history! We look forward to hopefully seeing everyone and more for the FREEDOM OF THE SKIES 2 day event on Oct 17-18. Please keep your eyes open in this forum and the events listings!

Also, a great big thanks to our Sponsors - TJs RC Hobbies in Sherwood, Marks' Hobby Shop in Little Rock, HobbyTown USA in Little Rock, TOM-FM 106.7 in Little Rock, Just Like Mom' Resturant in Sherwood, and KARK CH 4 in Little Rock !!