Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Warbirds over Tulsa, Sep. 11th & 12th

Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Warbirds over Tulsa, Sep. 11th & 12th

Old 01-30-2010, 11:15 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warbirds over Tulsa, Sep. 11th & 12th

Hey Chris,

Yes it is the Thunderbird Scheme. If you stand back a bit it looks very much like the T-38 version the Thunderbirds flew. Maybe a stand off scale buy very loose terms. Am actually working on the Flash today as it is too bad to do much outside.

We should be able to post the flyer very soon. I just wanted to make sure it was OK with the Blue Star Mothers first. They have some rules they have to follow as a result of thier tax exempt status and we don't want to step on those rules.

This should be a fun summer.

Ken

PS this is what happens when you try to fly a little foamy warbird with cold fingers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44404.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1367866  
Old 01-30-2010, 12:07 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remember the Sullivans. It was a reality and even worse than the "Saving Private Ryan" Movie.

Ken, I'm thinking indoor heli's are where its at today! LOL I thought I recognized that tree. HAHAHAA

www.b1modelproject.com is awsome if you have not seen it.

Looks like 2010 is going to be the year of the warbird.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:35 PM
chris1971

Jason,

Are you going to have a warbird jet ready? Too bad my Boomerang is the sport scheme.

Chris
Old 01-30-2010, 05:11 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I have is my Angel but MABY I can get a vynal set of Stars and Bars cut!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
sailing1

Chris,

The Flash is coming along. And yes it is in the Tunderbird scheme so it looks very much like the T-38 version of the Thunderbird. Not a perfect scale but a very close stand off scale so maybe it would qualify for the warbird shows. If not I will have to pull out the old P-51 and little foamy warbirds. I also picked up a WWI Newport that I will be working on.

Ken
Old 01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
chris1971

Ken,

The flash will qualify because El Reno is anything in military colors and I am the CD for our show so I will let you fly at Dobbers! We are accepting any era or type of warbird at our show and the flash does look like a T-38. Our field is going through some improvements right now so I may have to join you guys at turf this year while they fix our runway approaches. I am tired of ripping the gear out of the Boomer! Are you guys full on membership this year? If not what is the dues per year? E-mail me back at [email protected] .

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-31-2010, 07:54 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Warbird Builders and Flyers,

Things are looking great for Oklahoma in 2010. Kicking off the season May 14-16 with Warbirds Over Oklahoma in El Reno, followed by Warbirds Over Green Country on June 26, and then Warbirds Over Tulsa September 11 and 12.

I checked my schedule and have all three events reserved on my calendar. Please bring flyers for all known warbird events to El Reno. I want to place them at the pilot’s registration table to help get the word out, along with making announcements throughout the event. Also, if you have the event posted on your clubs site, send me the link and I will have it posted on Warbirds Over Oklahoma’s web-site. I want this site to help with attendance at all warbird events in and outside of Oklahoma.

[email protected]

See you May 14-16.

Steve
Flight Leader
Warbirds Over Oklahoma
Old 02-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Spritch

Ken....

Which version of the Nieuport did you pick up...?? I really like the Nieuports..!!

Since my 'working room' around here is so limited... I have to shoot for just getting WWI ARF's when I can find them. I really wanted the Nieuport 11 or 17... but other than a Balsa USA box of sticks... not much luck in that search. Of course the B-USA kits are the best on the planet... I just don't have the elbow room (or tools) to do that kind of serious building. So I get by with my H9 Fokker D.VII - H9 Sopwith Camel - Great Planes TigerMoth - Great Planes Fokker DR.I and a SE5a that I'm not sure who put it out. If I can figure out how to get all of them loaded... they will at least make an appearance at all the OK Warbirds this year.

Since WWI ARF's of any kind are rare... I've been eyeballin' a Nieuport 28 ARF at the MaxFord USA website. www.maxfordusa.com/nieuport-28glowgas68arf.aspx Someday there will be a 1/4 scale WWI something in the hanger (fingers crossed).

-Stan
Old 02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
sailing1

Hey Stan,
I am not sure which one it is heck I am not even sure it is a Nieuport! It is just hanging up in the warhouse where my wife works and her boss told me I should take it fly it at our Warbird meets. I am sort of space limited like you and have a couple of planes I am working on right now so will probably leave it hanging till I get a bit of room.

Ken
Old 02-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Spritch

Chris...

Got really bored last night and started playing around with some of my graphics programs. I came up with a small banner for WBOT 2010 (350 X 130 pixels) that I have posted at OK Sooner Squadron to highlight your Warbirds 2010 event in Sept. If you ever have any need for it... just head over to http://www.oksoonersquadron.netfirms.com/events.htm and grab it. Or have your webguy get it.

Ken, once I see your flyer... and if interested... will cobble something up for the WBOGC 2010 event. These sized banners are handy to have other R/C websites grab and post on thier events page and link them back to the Host Club's website, flyer or forum about the event. Helps to highlight your event on their events page. Or post one here... and let any visitors grab it to help get the word out to their part of the world.

Also... came across a neat little javascript that does the 'countdown' to the event date that I have incorporated with these banners for WBOK, WBOT... and the OK Sooner Squadron's Jumbo event on June 5 - 6, 2010.

My little part to keep the PR rolling on our State's Warbirds.....!!! I want ALL the Warbirds in OK to have great turn outs and become a yearly event around here.

-Stan
Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 PM
chris1971

It looks great, thanks. I will definantly get it and make some flyers for the show.

Chris
Old 02-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Spritch

Ken...

If you get a minute from fighting the alligators while draining the swamp... what would be the chances of a photo of that (possibly) Nieuport being posted here...?? You have my curiosity up about just what it is..!!! I bet someone up here can tell us.

-Stan
Old 02-05-2010, 10:46 PM
sailing1

Hey Stan,

The plane may not even be a ARF. It is hanging in a friends warehouse and he thinks he was told it is a nieuport. I think it has probably been there for over 5 years. The guy who at one time had it flying was almost killed in an ultralite accident and doesn't even fly RC anymore. The next time I am down there I will take a picture of it and send it to you. I just know for sure it is a WWI biplane.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:53 PM
sailing1

OK guys here is the official flyer for our June 26, 2010 Warbirds Over Green Country Charity Fly-In.

Thanks for all of your interest. We sure hope you can turn out to support the Blue Star Mothers, Chaper 5 of Broken Arrow Oklahoma as they in turn provide a little bit of home to our brave men and women in the Armed Services
Old 02-14-2010, 09:56 PM
sailing1

ORIGINAL: sailing1

OK guys here is the official flyer for our June 26, 2010 Warbirds Over Green Country Charity Fly-In.

Thanks for all of your interest. We sure hope you can turn out to support the Blue Star Mothers, Chaper 5 of Broken Arrow Oklahoma as they in turn provide a little bit of home to our brave men and women in the Armed Services

Name:	Ay74322.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	1379154  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Spritch

Ken....

Thanks... got the flyer posted at OK Sooner Squadron and the MVAA site(s). BTW... did you get that link to the GP TigerMoth info.. to see if that mystery bird was a GP or not...?? Jim brought out his TigerMoth out Saturday to the El Reno Airport and I finally got to look it over. A cowl from his PowerLine model would cobble into the GP version without much headache. But without mine sitting right there beside it... can't be a hundred percent sure... but would be about 99.7 % sure. Since GP is not selling the ARF or parts anymore... it's a heck of a lot better than trying to build one from scratch.

-Stan
Old 03-02-2010, 05:23 PM
chris1971

Hey guys check out the rocket racing leagues website. They are coming to Tulsa April 24th.

www.rocketracingleague.com

Here's what they say about it on their website.

To be held at venues across the country, the Rocket Racing League will feature multiple races pitting up to 10 Rocket Racers going head to head in a 4-lap, multiple elimination heat format on a 5-mile "Formula One"-like closed circuit raceway in the sky. The Rocket Racer pilots see the "raceway in the sky" via in-panel and 3D helmet displays. For the hundreds of thousands of fans in attendance, they will witness the racing action live and in real-time display on multiple large projection screens. For the millions of fans watching on televisions and PCs at home, they will experience the thrill of the Rocket Racing League via unique remote and rocket-mounted cameras that give at-home fans the sensation of riding right alongside famed League pilots

Looks cool to me!

Chris
Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
bhole74

Warbirds Over Arkansas- June 10-13. www.dawnpatrolsquadron.com

Name:	Ol31337.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	1389972  
Old 03-02-2010, 07:32 PM
chris1971

Good another show in the area! We have some guys who are coming to Arkansas for the Dawn Patrol show.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Spritch

bhole74...

Got the 'Warbirds Over Arkansas' posted on the OK Sooner Squadron site and the MVAA site where our visitors can learn about the event. The way the talk is right now... between the OK Sooner Squadron (Guthrie) and the SPADS out of Enid, OK... the head count headed your way looks to be around 7 to 9 pilots for this years event. Between Rich (SPADS) and Bill and Sharon Holland (OK Sooner) talking it up... they have us pretty exicited about heading to your mountain top and enjoying a couple of days of laid back fun flying on a really nice grass field..!!!

-Stan

www.oksoonersquadron.netfirms.com/

www.mvaaok.org/
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Spritch

TGD...

Under 4 weeks to go...!! The third and final state Warbird and I'm counting the days. I've had the good fortune to attend the previous two and had fun at both of them. I'm sure 'Warbirds Over Tulsa' will be just as entertaining. I hope ALL the state Warbirds get to keep it going for seasons to come. I personally will be bringing some WWI era birds... H9 Fokker D.VII, H9 Sopwith Camel and the GP Fokker DR.I... and maybe a DH TigerMoth and a baby SE5a if I can find room...??

Let's get this thread moving again and let's hear about some of the era Warbirds that will be making the trip in Sept.

Can't wait...
-Stan
Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stan,

Thanks for keeping those pics posted, and keeping us thinking of warbirds. TopGunCJ has kept me informed about Sooners travels and winnings. Your group is great and Tulsa will need to set aside a large area for your group. No kidding Chris, these guys travel in a pack.

Hope to be there also, but I have said that before.

Steve
Old 08-16-2010, 10:32 PM
chris1971

Yes things are spooling up here for the show. We have been trying to recover a little from the Heatwave! I talked to Freddie Farmer and Bill Holland and they are both ready for our show. We have been handing out flyers at all the warbird shows we have attended this year and it looks like it will be a good showing. I have also received calls from others showing interest in coming.

Chris
Old 08-16-2010, 10:39 PM
chris1971

Sorry I meant to say Terry Farmer. We have a Freedie Farmer and a Terry Finger in our club so I always get the names mixed up!

Chris
Old 08-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Spritch

Hey Guys...

It's been a fun season this year. I've done more travelin' and seeing more fields and loving it. From the 'Dawn Patrol' in Eureka Springs, AR to WINGS West Texas Warbirds in Lubbock, TX... it's all been good. A tad warm (make that HOT) and some wind... but worth it. Tried to get photos and/or video of part or all of them.

Chris... Steve is correct on the traveling Sooner Squad... as it stands right now... it looks to be Bill/Sharon Holland, Jim & Calvin Ellis, Chip Robberson, Al Taffs, Jim Slocum, Richard Dixon and yours truly planning on heading your way in Sept. Probably 4 trailers in convoy. Hopefully Ray Atkinson will get to come and bring one of his 126" beauties... either the Corsair or the Texan. And maybe Bill will have his new Corsair tweaked out and ready. If you haven't seen it yet... it's another beauty. You can get a sneak peek of it at the photos page at the Sooner Squad website. I got shots of it at both the Wichita and Lubbock gatherings. www.oksoonersquadron.org

Had a couple of e-mails between Claude and myself telling him to save us a spot. A couple of us will probably head up there Friday to stake out an area for the yellow shirts.

Glad to hear Terry Farmer is planning on attending. Had heard rumors he might not get to make it. Hope Gary Mills gets to travel up as well... along with G-Pete. Need some of those Texas Warbirds making a showing in Okieland.

Can't wait... ready to get going...!!

-Stan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.