RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/)
-   -   Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/10142053-twin-cities-auction-minnesota.html)

wldhair 01-25-2011 03:11 AM

RE: Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)

Ultimate 1.20 got any good pics ?

G.Barber 01-25-2011 05:31 AM

wldhare- those are the good pics I took just after I finished cleaning it up and reinstalling the wheels and wheelpants. The grass on the field I fly from can be very tall at times- I had a set of ugly, old 4.5" Inflatable tires on it that just looked a bit odd...

MinnFlyer 01-25-2011 07:32 AM

Geoff, I think he's referring to your Ultimate

G.Barber 01-25-2011 07:33 AM

Yeah, I figured that out... Thanks Mike!

wldhair 01-25-2011 04:00 PM

Am I missing something here ? LOL

wldhair 01-25-2011 05:38 PM

Ahhhhhhh ok , I went back to page one and saw your pics of the Ultimate . Thank you

Minnreefer 01-27-2011 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

I will be bringing a set of Robart 615 rotating retracts - complete NIB setup: Gear w/ 3/16'' struts, Axles, tank, Air Valve, hoses, ''T'' fittings and 2 quick-disconnects

Everything you need to add rotating retracts to a 60 - 90-size P-40 or Corsair (Or whatever else has gear that fold back)
Mike, my friend (Dave) just got the larger p40 would those work or does he need the next size up (30-50#)

I am getting excited, but I don't know if I need to buy anything.

RCKen 01-27-2011 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Minnreefer

I am getting excited, but I don't know if I need to buy anything.
Well of course you don't technically "need" to buy anything. But that should never stop you from doing it anyway!!!!!!;)

Ken

Minnreefer 01-27-2011 11:50 AM

I know, I need some more engines and a lot more servos, the planes are the fun things to buy, but I really don't have enough rx's and servos and engines to fly the planes that I currently have. (I got about 7 planes from an older retired man, and they all need some work)

vmsguy 01-27-2011 12:26 PM

Pretty much guarentee there will be lots of engines available.

Servos? Personally I wouldn't buy used servos, unless they came in a plane.

BTW.. Ken.. You're planning on making the trip.. right?

RCKen 01-27-2011 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: vmsguy

BTW.. Ken.. You're planning on making the trip.. right?
Not at all!!!!!!Idon't have to. I didn't attend last year's auction but I wound up buy two kits (Astro Hog and a Super Sportster 60)!!!!!How???The Minnflyer proxy. He knows what I'm looking for. He sees whats at the auction. He calls me and I tell him what my top bid is for the item and then he bids for me. See, you can spend money without even being there!!!!!

We were going to try and set up Skype for me to watch the auction on, but they didn't have Wi-Fi at the auction site.

Maybe that is something for the hosting club to think about. If they setup an internet feed and several phone lines so they could do phone in bidding. Might be good, might be bad. But it would open up to a wider audience!!! I know there are real world auction houses that do this. They would have to have a buyer verification in they registration so they know the buyer is legit, but it can definitely be done.

Ken

Fly2XS 01-27-2011 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Not at all!!!!!! I don't have to. I didn't attend last year's auction but I wound up buy two kits (Astro Hog and a Super Sportster 60)!!!!! How??? The Minnflyer proxy. He knows what I'm looking for. He sees whats at the auction. He calls me and I tell him what my top bid is for the item and then he bids for me. See, you can spend money without even being there!!!!!

We were going to try and set up Skype for me to watch the auction on, but they didn't have Wi-Fi at the auction site.

Maybe that is something for the hosting club to think about. If they setup an internet feed and several phone lines so they could do phone in bidding. Might be good, might be bad. But it would open up to a wider audience!!! I know there are real world auction houses that do this. They would have to have a buyer verification in they registration so they know the buyer is legit, but it can definitely be done.

Ken
Great idea Ken! It's too late to set it up this year but we'll look at the feasibility for the 2012 auction.
Thanks!

Scott (The Big Guy) Anderson

RCKen 01-27-2011 01:53 PM

Scott,
 I can assure you that I would participate. Heck, I'm already doing it anyway. Might as well actually see what I am bidding on!!!!! :D

Ken

FreiGuy 01-28-2011 05:04 AM

Hey everyone,
This seems to be more of a chat room than listing what's up for auction. Tell me if there is typically any electric park flyers or is it mostly for gas fliers.

MinnFlyer 01-28-2011 05:25 AM

There will be a lot of electric stuff as well

Fly2XS 01-28-2011 05:38 AM

Hello FreiGuy!
I think the lack of postings is due to people not yet being ready. I know I will be selling a number of planes & kits but I have not had time to dig them out of the shop and get photos yet.
I suspect there will be more action over the next week.

There have been a number of electric park flier planes bought & sold at the TCRC Auction.
The auction covers a wide range of aircraft and power systems ranging from Park Fliers to Giant Scale gassers.

If you are looking specifically for electric park fliers, I suggest you drop by the MARCEE (Minnesota Area RC Electric Enthusiasts) Swap Meet tomorrow.

3rd Annual MARCEE Swap Meet
Sat, January 29, 1pm – 3pm

Immanuel Lutheran Church
104 Snelling Avenue S. St. Paul, MN 55104

(across from Macalester College)

Doors open at noon for set up and sellers
Swap meet is from 1-3 and clean up is 3-4

http://www.marcee.org/

If you can't find it there, or you can't get the price you want for your electric park flier, then bring it to the TCRC Auction Saturday Feb. 12th!

Scott

FreiGuy 01-28-2011 01:36 PM

Thanks Scott,
I've had the MARCEE swap meet on my calendar for weeks. Just got into RC stuff this past summer and I can't believe how addicting it is. Looking forward to this auction also.
I'm actually trying to sell a Kyosho EP Concept collective pitch heli that my dad purchased about 20 years ago. It's in working order, but after talking to some of the hobby stores, parts are hard to come by. This is a big one. About 3 feet long and the same rotor diameter.

Thanks for all the input guys. See you at the auction.

Mike

wldhair 02-03-2011 03:27 AM

Got a couple of friends coming over to the auction. One from Chippewa Falls Wi , and the other from Black River Wi and there might be more LOL. Hope the weather co-operates for traveling :)

MinnFlyer 02-03-2011 05:06 AM

With the weather like it is right now, it's hard to believe that 4 or 5 years ago, it was 70 degrees and sunny the day of the auction. There was a low turn out because a lot of people went flying!

Fly2XS 02-03-2011 05:45 AM

Hello Gentlemen!
We've been working hard sorting and packaging the collection of a local modeler who passed away last fall. His shop was practically a hardware store of specialty items as well as more NEW Balsa, Spruce, Aircraft & Lite Ply than most stores carry. The wood has been bundled into (4) Builder Wood Packages of about 100 pieces each. The Lite Ply ranges from 1/8 to 1/4" thickness and is 12" x 48". The Aircraft ply ranges from 1/16 to 5/8" thick by 12" wide and 24" long. I'll get some pictures next time.

We've packaged a lot of the RC hardware (hinges, heat guns, DuBro hardware and stuff) into boxes that will be sold at a table in the back of the auction. The boxes will be fixed price and are worth at least twice the price. The funds earned are returned to the Family.

wldhair 02-03-2011 04:57 PM

Nice touch >>>>> returning the funds to the family >> very nice >>> congrats

wldhair 02-04-2011 06:29 PM

Anybody know if there will be some Gas engines at the auction?

MinnFlyer 02-04-2011 06:31 PM

See Geoff's first post

G.Barber 02-04-2011 06:35 PM

Like Minnflyer just said, I will be selling a U.S. Engines 41 cc Gasoline engine. It runs very well, and has a lot of new parts from when I bought it at the Auction Last year... My first post in this thread has a lot of info on the engine.

wldhair 02-05-2011 07:36 AM

Ahhhh 1st post , no wonder I missed it . Thats a little bigger than what I'm looking for . Kinda looking for around 24cc. ONE WEEK!!!!:D