RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/)
-   -   IMAA District III Mini Fest -- September 9-11 -- Napoleon, OH (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/3270098-imaa-district-iii-mini-fest-september-9-11-napoleon-oh.html)

jdetray 08-16-2005 09:33 PM

IMAA District III Mini Fest -- September 9-11 -- Napoleon, OH

The Thistledown Flyers proudly present the
IMAA District III Mini Fest and 25th Silver Anniversary IMAA Fun Fly
When: September 9, 10 & 11, 2005 — Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Where: Thistledown Flyers Field, Napoleon, Ohio

Weekend Highlights:
[ul][*] Matt Chapman Air Show -- Saturday and Sunday! World Unlimited Aerobatic Competitor Matt Chapman will fly his new Cap 580 full-scale aircraft on both days. [*] No landing fee for IMAA pilots [*] Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. [*] IMAA flying from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. [*] Open flying from 6:00 p.m. to dark on Friday & Saturday and all day Sunday [*] Night flying under stadium lights. Bring your favorite electric and .40 size aircraft and have a ball! [*] Free camping and parking [*] Our famous Saturday night chicken barbeque and campfire [*] Raffles, prizes, pilot demonstrations, noon time shows and more!
[/ul]
Come early! Come join us as early as Tuesday and stay all week!
[link=http://www.thistledownflyers.com/events/]
For complete details and directions, click here to visit our web site!
[/link]

Sledge-RCU 08-17-2005 05:42 PM

RE: IMAA District III Mini Fest -- September 9, 10 & 11, 2005

From what I have heard form past years this is a real fun IMAA event.
Several IMAA officers and directors are going to be there...
No landing fee, Matt Chapman show, what a deal.....
See you there.... Tom Hammer, IMAA DD-8

Fly RC II 08-20-2005 11:55 AM

RE: IMAA District III Mini Fest -- September 9-11 -- Napoleon, OH

Hi Folks!

I can't tell you how much fun this event can be. There is so much excitement because this event is one that should not be missed. My son Matthew and I have been driving 300 (per trip) just to visit these guys 3 to 4 times a season, and this is our 4th year attending. Bring a forty size plane and fly under the lights -- if you think you're a good pilot, have you ever flown under the lights? Puts a real meaning to "depth perception". The lights come on every night of the show. The camp fire, vendors, and all the pilots that travel from all over the county have the time of there lives! Come and share that with us and you will see what I mean!

You don't want to miss this one, and you will be glad you came!

David Moro

1943 08-20-2005 05:54 PM

THIS IS A SHOW YOU DONT WANT TO MISS. BOB SADLER WILL BE THERE ALOT OF TOP NOTCH PILOTS (JESKY THE NOLLS , EATON,MENKE,HYDE,HEITMAN,AND MANY MORE . THEN YOU GOT MATT CHAPMAN FOR NOON TIME DEMOS WHERE ARE YOU EVER GOING TO SEE MATT CHAPMAN FOR FREE WHAT A DEAL. THEN YOU GOT THE NIGHT FLYING FOR NO CHARGE . I HAVE BEEN GOING FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS AND IT IS A BLAST . THE PEOPLE THERE ARE GREAT AND EVERYBODY IS THERE TO HAVE A GREAT TIME AND THATS WHAT WE HAVE A GREAT TIME. DONT MISS IT TAKE A FEW DAYS AND GO TO IT YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME.

BRYON S.

rnav 08-20-2005 08:47 PM

Hay Guys, thanks for the kind word's. Its the pilots that make this show what it is. we at Thisledown's want to make sure that it's one of the best event's you will attend this year. [8D]

Event director Jeff Heitman

ILVMYCLUB 08-24-2005 07:53 PM

All preparations are now being finalized for this event. We are hoping that many of you pilots can be part of this weekend . The event is all comradery and fun which we will be taking a large % of the proceeds from food and drawings and donating it to underprivileged children in our area. Please help make it a successful event by join us.

Fly RC II 08-28-2005 08:27 PM

Hello Gang!

Show time is getting closer and there's lots and lots of people asking us details about it. I can't tell you enough that this is one of the best shows in the northwest. All proceeds from this show go to under privilegded children around Christmas time handled through the local law enforcement agency. These kids will enjoy the fruits of our labors which is what what's it all about. There's pilots coming from all over the country from Montana, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Canada, Arkansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, New York, New Jersey and if I let out any states - my apologies! With Matt Chapman doing one of the most thrilling noon time shows with his aerobatic Cap 580, that will be a must-see show. There are no landing fees for the pilots as you can see they come from all over the country just to fly with us. We want them to have the best time ever.

David M.

jdetray 08-28-2005 09:08 PM

I was at [link=http://www.thistledownflyers.com/]Thistledown Field[/link] today, and it's looking great. Saw some nice flying on a hot, sunny day.

We expect some welcome rain this week that will green up the grass, so the field will look even better by the weekend of the fly-in. We sure hope you'll join us on September 9, 10, and 11.

- Jeff

1943 08-29-2005 08:25 PM

hey its getting really close to show time. i am really excited to be going to this show . the night fly is just awesome you cant believe what happens at the night fly and best of all it dont cost a thing to fly in it . and matt chapman for free what else do i need to say . come early to the show and fly all week if you would like . i will be there tuesday morning at 6.00 am along with alot of other early arrivals . we plan on having a great time so come on out and join us.

bryon s

Matt Chapman 08-29-2005 09:12 PM

WOW! Matt Chapman is flying for free??? Thats a first! (tell Jeff that, he's feeling the $$ pain!)
I can't wait to come out to this event and do my thing. I'm also really excited about doing some RC'ing while there. I think Corky is going to sell me his 1/3 scale Cub....cheep...real cheep.
I can't wait to try my hand at night flying. Sounds like fun. Any heli flying going on at night?? I hope so.
I will be just down the road at the Cleveland show Labor Day weekend. Then off to Chicago to do rides for Klein Tools in the second Extra 300-L for the Klein Tools party before the Chicago IRL race. I should be getting to Napolean late Thursday or morning of Friday.
Everyone drive safe please. We'll see you there and look forward to sharing some good flying stories.

Matt

jdetray 08-29-2005 09:26 PM

Hi Matt,

I'm looking forward to your shows.

There was some nighttime heli flying last year -- an amazing sight to see an acrobatic heli at night with its glowires illuminated. A wide variety of stuff takes to the air when the sun sets and the stadium lights come on.

- Jeff

Boomer783 08-30-2005 05:56 PM

Gang,

Even as we speak, all the members of Thistledown are super involved in preparing for our upcoming event. I promise you the field will be ready, the kitchen will be ready, the stadium lights will be ready, and most of all, our members will be ready to make sure you all have a good time. If you're in Napoleon during show week you WILL have a good time. If you're not there, oh well.....

Jim Steinhurst

Fly RC II 08-30-2005 07:56 PM

Hey Matt!

What's a pilot gotta do to get a ride in that Cap 580? I guess real tough since its only single place - arggg!?! Anyway, doesn't hurt to dream huh? I use to fly Aerostars back in my day and talk about a fast twin -- that beats them all in its class!

Can't wait to see you! You will have blast at Corky's!

BTW, regarding Corky's cub? I have first dibs so get in line dude!

fly safe!
David Moro

sealh4 08-30-2005 08:15 PM

This is by far the nicest IMAA/Giant Scale meet in District 3. I would not miss it. the best part is everthing is free to the pilots.

Redwings 09-01-2005 07:23 PM

I bet Dr. Steinhurst is going to have something good cooked up for eats!!!!!

jdetray 09-01-2005 08:51 PM

My understanding is that Dr. Steinhurst has recruited some of the area's finest bakers to provide delicious cookies in addition to his usual tasty fare.

And don't forget our famous Chicken Barbeque on Saturday night. It's not to be missed!

- Jeff

Galloping Ghost 09-02-2005 09:00 PM

I was out at Thistledown Field tonight, and the field has never looked better!

We're looking forward to pilots coming in the first of the week and staying through the weekend.

This is a show that puts the emphasis on the pilots, and with Matt Chapman putting on a free show Saturday and Sunday, this is a show not to be missed.

The night flying will be spectacular, and Dr. Steinhurst will be manning the kitchen as usual. He always has a few tricks up his sleeve!!!

Please come early and stay late, because this is the show that everyone will be talking about.

The "Mouth of the South", Bob Sadler will be on hand to handle the announcing chores.

See you next week,

Scott

exeter_acres 09-02-2005 09:08 PM

Darn...I just live up the road outside of Monroe, MI..... may have to grab a plane or two and come on down..........

Looks like fun!

Galloping Ghost 09-02-2005 09:55 PM

Exeter_acres - You're close enough that if you don't come down for the show, we'll come up after you!!! :)

This will be the show of the year!!!

Redwings 09-03-2005 08:35 AM

You are correct Mr. G Ghost
The lawn it trimmed and ready for the final cut next week along with the Doctor having every pot and pan in place.
I see we even are starting to see campers arriving for the show. This event is for you people who shows up and have fun!!! Nothing more :D

Galloping Ghost 09-03-2005 06:14 PM

As RedWings so eloquently stated, this is a show for the pilots. There is no fee for the pilots. There is no fee for the public. Heck, there is no fee for parking!!!

Where else can you come and fly for 3 days (or more), see Matt Chapman perform two airshows with his full scale Cap 580, see some of the best pilots around, and just have fun and enjoy the hobby?

Plus, the food will be superb with Dr. Steinhurst manning the kitchen and Tom Bortz cooking the best checken you've ever had Saturday evening.

Oh, did I mention night flying under stadium lights starting on Thursday???

Come early and stay late!!!

www.Thistledownflyers.com

Redwings 09-04-2005 08:52 AM

Have we all forgotten the second main attraction of the event??????? The annual Bean Pull Contest!!!!!!! Mr. G Ghost I am surprised you missed telling everyone that!!

Sledge-RCU 09-04-2005 11:00 AM

IMAA DIST/ 3 MINI FEST is going to be one of the Biggest Big Bird Shows of the year.
If you are wondering what shows to go to and you are anywhere close to Northwest Ohio this is the event to make. See you there......... Tom

RCBOZO 09-04-2005 06:45 PM

Hey you guys we had a write up in one of the local papers today.

http://www.crescent-news.com/article...=1&tD=09042005

You would not believe the turnout!
The silly paper didn't say the show was next weekend!
These people were here today expecting a show:)
There is alot of community support for this event.

You would not believe the weather we have had and have been forcasted for the next week!
Hi 80 - Low 59 and Sunny.....HEAVEN!
http://usairnet.com/cgi-bin/weather/...s=7&daysonly=2

Galloping Ghost 09-04-2005 10:05 PM

RW, I can't believe I neglected to mention the World Renowned "Bean Pull". That in itself is reason enough to attend the IMAA District III Mini Fest!!!:)

The Beans are looking good and tall. How deep can YHB, Matt, Darren, and the boys go this year???

Ya'll better come and see this extraordinary event in person.

http://www.thistledownflyers.com/