RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/)
-   -   Kansas City Swap Meet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/436229-kansas-city-swap-meet.html)

BalsaOvercast 12-24-2002 02:29 AM

Kansas City Swap Meet

Kansas City Radio Control Association is hosting it's 7th annual Swap & Shop event again in January. Tables are still available, but not many!

If you are going to be in our area on Saturday, January 18th, stop by for grat deals on great stuff!

Registration form & Info

BalsaOvercast 12-30-2002 01:21 AM

Kansas City Swap Meet

bump

ksflyer-RCU 01-07-2003 12:49 PM

Kansas City Swap Meet

Sent you an e-mail.

Thanks

KsFlyer

BalsaOvercast 01-12-2003 03:46 AM

Kansas City Swap Meet

Coming up this coming Saturday...only a week away, so here's a friendly little bump...

fxstbi 01-12-2003 04:03 AM

Kansas City Swap Meet

I'm about four hours away from KC. Would it be worth the drive? Thanx, Pete

ksflyer-RCU 01-12-2003 01:06 PM

Kansas City Swap Meet

Yes it would! I'm bringing Li-Poly's, chargers, and plenty of GWS stuff to sell.

BalsaOvercast 01-12-2003 02:16 PM

Kansas City Swap Meet

Definitely worth the trip! This has gotten to be one of the best and biggest swaps in the midwest area, and as oif yesterday evening at about 6 pm, we have officially sold out of all of our tables...90 of them! We have 9 vendors confirmed, and 3 more in the works, so I'm sure there will be lots of goodies for everyone, regardless of your modeling pleasures!

ksflyer- Did Jim get you taken care of? Let me know if you need anything...

John Cooper
KCRC Vice President

BalsaOvercast 01-12-2003 02:19 PM

Kansas City Swap Meet

Incidentally, last year we had people drive from as far away as Indiana and Texas! One guy came from Idaho! It really draws 'em from all around, so Quincy, Illinois is only a skip and a jump!

That reminds me, fxstbi, have you ever gotten to the Taylor show on Labor Day? It's one I try to attend every year!

ksflyer-RCU 01-12-2003 02:43 PM

Kansas City Swap Meet

I'm payed up and ready to roll!

KsFlyer

BalsaOvercast 01-12-2003 02:57 PM

Kansas City Swap Meet

Troy,

I want 2 packs, larger mah rating of the two you offer, and I think a charger as well. Is it a wall wart, or a cig lighter for your car type? Don't forget to see me at the swap!

John

ksflyer-RCU 01-12-2003 03:17 PM

Kansas City Swap Meet

The larger of the two is 1020 mah. The charger is a small one that needs a 12VDC input, so you could put a connector on it to use your car. It comes with bare wires.

KsFlyer

fxstbi 01-12-2003 11:45 PM

Kansas City Swap Meet

Hi BalsaOvercast, (I was going to abbreviate your name and call you B.O. but I thought your friends might see this post, so I won't do that!)

Yea I go to the Taylor show every year. I live about twenty minutes from the field. I don't fly there much, too much full size traffic. We have a private field with a small hobby shop a little closer to home. I'm thinking of making the trip over, do you find allot of bargains or are prices fairly high? Pete

BalsaOvercast 01-13-2003 01:05 AM

Kansas City Swap Meet

FXS,

Lots of bargains, and depending on the seller, some of it's a steal. I saw a 1/4 scale Ryan NYP (Spirit of St. Louis) plane, complete with 5 gal. aluminum tank, new Brison 5.8, onboard battery charger (generator), and all radio gear, ready to be covered go for $1500 last year. A guy was going to make a cross-country flight from Paris, Texas to New York city with it, but sold out.

We had a guy selling pigtails and extensions, etc. for servos and radio gear, too. I picked up 5 each of 24" Y-harnesses, 24" aileron extensons, and switch harnesses (15 items) for 10 bucks! All of it was new, too.

Lots of bargains, and we're raffling off a 40 size Sukhoi ARF, too. $1 each ticket, or 6 for $5.

Hope to see you there!

John

Warby 01-18-2003 12:10 AM

Hi John

Are you selling the raffle tickets? I am planning
to come down tomorrow. I had emailed you a couple
of weeks ago when I first saw your post. Planning
to bring one friend, maybe 2. Mark W