RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/)
-   -   JOE NALL 2007 - ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/5836693-joe-nall-2007-only-6-days-go.html)

propstrike 05-10-2007 01:06 PM

JOE NALL 2007 - ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO!

It's only 6 more days until Joe Nall 2007. This is the 25th anniversary of this big old event. Can't wait to get there and enjoy the fellowship, flying, and fun. Is there anyone else packing their bags and fixin to be South Carolina bound?

Dr1Driver 05-10-2007 01:22 PM

RE: JOE NALL 2007 - ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO!

Can't wait to get there and enjoy the fellowship, flying, and fun. Is there anyone else packing their bags and fixin to be South Carolina bound?

Already here and not going. I can't wait to miss the sucking up to the big money people with the big 3D planes and big air shows that hog the flying time for the rest of us peons. Can't wait to spend mucho bucko on BBQ and beer that I can get at a local restaurant (won't mention the name) better for MUCH less. Can't wait for the Confederate Air Farce to run the show like they usually do. SA-lute!

Be honest, it's a show for the "inner circle" 3D boys to show off how much money they can put into their setups. I've seen motor homes parked on the hill that have more square footage than my house, for freakin' sake!

I flew in it three years. It just ain't my cup of tea. I have more fun pulling my little trailer to small events, eating homemade hamburgers and pork roast, and hobknobbing with the little guys of R/C.

Dr.1

propstrike 05-10-2007 03:55 PM

Well, a man's entitled to his opinion. I'm still looking quite forward to it. I've had the opportunity to meet some very good people at the Nall over the years. Hopefully, this year will be the same. This will be my 11th year in a row at this fine event, and I have never actually flown at it. I've never had the desire to. I have always enjoyed watching the show put on by the flyers more capable than I.

Anyone else getting geared up?

skyhawk172n 05-10-2007 06:20 PM

I can't wait! Leaving Forest MS Wednesday for an 8 hour trip, but will love every minute of it. This will be my 5th time at the Nall. I don't try to fly, just look at all the great models, wishing I had the talent to equal some of the models there. Just look for the big red Sprinter, that'll be us!

Roy

kevka 05-11-2007 03:05 PM

I am already packed and my vacation time has been aproved!!!! This will be my third trip. When my son turned one, we started the tradition of going every year. I now have another boy which this will be his second trip. He was 3 months old last year when we went. Sorry to hear that you hate Nall so much DR1 but like you said, its not your cup of tea. Big crouds of 3,000 or more, with giant aircraft, great fellowship, good friends, great buying and selling, kick ass flying, and great food is not for everyone. I also do not fly at Nall, I am too busy looking at all the cool stuff and finding great deals to blow my hard earned money on. It is great how the "Celebrities" of R/C are just chilling out and you can just chill out with them and chat. I learn so much stuff every year.

NCCrashmaster1 05-14-2007 07:40 AM

I'm getting ready to top off the motorhome's propane supply and get her loaded today. Will be there tomorrow night and really looking forward to it. This will be my second trip to the Joe Nall and enjoy watching the "big boys" do their thing along with all the models of different size and description. Of course I'm sure some of my hard earned cash will find it's way into the vendors pockets. Evidently this event isn't for everybody :eek: , but for a once-a-year occurance, sure makes me one happy flier :D. I also attend several of the smaller fly-ins each year and enjoy these, but the Joe Nall is the only one that I consider worth the expense and travel time to pack up the motorhome for. The only ones I fly at are our local fly-ins, but that doesn't lessen my enjoyment one bit.

tim-3 05-16-2007 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Im also going,This will be my 3rd year,yaho!!
This reminds me of going to a nascar event, to me its that big.
Ill be piching a tent thrusday night and fri.
Last year we stayed on fri.night,and man was that one strom
we had on sat,moring. But I remember the huge plane that
started the day off,how it disaperd into the clouds and then
would reaper,just so cool, I couldent wat to get down to the
flite line and start enjoying everything going on.
Well I hope to see you there.
Tim-3:D

telejojo 05-17-2007 05:33 AM

Where in SC is this event?

NCBrit 05-17-2007 06:07 AM

Woodruff, SC details at joenall.com

I'm going on Friday. Only a 2hr drive from here, so not staying overnight.

anonymouse 05-17-2007 05:39 PM

Boy! All you "local" guys have all the luck. Two from Portland Oregon are there today and found 400 signed up to fly as of the 16th....... A once in a lifetime trip, but well worth it , so I am told. They will be headed for the IMAA at Castle AFB (now being held at Chowchilla) in Calif at the end of the month. Pretty close to 6,000 miles all told... Dyed in the wool Rcer's for sure.

NCBrit 05-19-2007 11:17 AM

I have 195 pictures of the Joe Nall 2007 on my pbase site. 17 pages of pictures here: http://www.pbase.com/ncbrit/joe_nall_2007