RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/)
-   -   Revelstoke RC Club invites ALL of RCU to party with us on June 12-13! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/events-shows-fun-flys-airplanes-100/9526528-revelstoke-rc-club-invites-all-rcu-party-us-june-12-13-a.html)

Revy 02-22-2010 04:02 PM

Revelstoke RC Club invites ALL of RCU to party with us on June 12-13!

<p align="center"><font size="5">REVELSTOKE RC CLUB </font></p><p align="center"><font size="5">Summer Huck Fest </font></p><p align="center"><font size="4">June 12, 2010 - June 13 2010</font>

Come and enjoy hands down the absolute BEST backdrop to fly in, in BC!</p><p align="center">
2 day event.
On site dry camping.
500 foot runway.
Raffle &amp;. 50/50 draws.
On site food concession.
Located 4.3km South of Revelstoke Airport
50, 56, 10.25 North 118, 09, 33.17 West.

http://www3.telus.net/rrcc/</p>

Revy 02-22-2010 04:13 PM

RE: Revelstoke RC Club invites ALL of RCU to party with us on June 12-13!

Panoramic pic of our field...

http://www3.telus.net/rrcc/gallery-panoramic.htm

Revy 02-26-2010 12:18 PM

Ohh ya! I forgot this...DOH!

Come out and enjoy our little piece of heaven!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYwe6IC5nrI

Jim_Purcha 02-27-2010 10:55 AM

Nice looks like a field out of Real Flight.

Jim

Revy 02-27-2010 12:08 PM

Santa Clara is the one I fly 99% of the time because of where we fly!

Plans are in the werks for a swap file for RR/CC's field. Just got to tile it different, oh and take way more pictures in the spring when the snow is still halfway down the slope. Makes for an awesome back drop!!

Revy 03-05-2010 05:07 PM

We are officially open as of today. A little snow blowing a couple of days ago helped out huge. Limited to 40 size aircraft for now until the southern end dries out. If the weather holds that'll change quick!! Tomorrow it might be 60 size!! WooHoo!!!:D

Revy 03-07-2010 06:39 PM

Two more 12*C days and the field has all dried out! Run what ya brung!

twn 03-08-2010 02:13 AM

It was AWESOME dude!! Bit of a difficult sky but I had a blast. Boy that ultimate of mine rips eh!! I bet she was doing at least 100 mph on the low fast passes. That 120ax makes her haul arse!. I got the needle in another 1/2 turn and think I got another 1000 rpm out of her. Perhaps I can get another 500 with a 15-6 instead of the 15-8 eh! I don't know you saw or not but I did a 10 foot roll out and straight up like a rocket doing 2 point rolls all the way up a good 800 feet.

Can't wait to get the 50cc 260 going!!!

Revy 03-08-2010 02:28 AM

I saw that! I was stoking the fire at the pit! That thing is a beaut! I know what I'm doin' next winter, lol. Finishing that CGU!

Revy 03-08-2010 02:01 PM

<font color="navy" face="Arial" size="2"><span style="font-family: Arial; color: navy; font-size: 10pt;">For those concerned 3D, IMAC, pattern &amp; circuit flying are all allowed. Time slots will be provided for 3D and IMAC and pattern.<o:p></o:p></span></font>

twn 03-19-2010 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A HUGE thank you to Speers Construction!!!! They loaned us a 1000 pound packer for us to smooth out our runway!! OMG did it ever do an AWSOME job. Boy she is flat now!!

That packer is a slllooooowwwwww machine. I did 20 passes up and down the runway my self not including the passes that Jason and Ken did. 20 looooong minutes to do each pass!! LOL

Revy 03-21-2010 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh after a good half day of flyin', we had an incident at our facility thanks to some kids partying. The first few are what it was like an hour before all H-E-Double Hockey sticks broke out...

Revy 03-21-2010 10:54 AM

All the maintained grass did not burn! I had just spread a bunch of lawn seed too!!! Good thing my truggy's starter box gave me a headache!:)

twn 04-11-2010 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the pics Revy!!

WHAT A BACK DROP EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revy, I'm dying to see the video you took now!! U gotta get that video posted on youtube. The back drop in the pics you took of my ultimate are unbelievable!!!!

twn 04-19-2010 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
5 new pilot stations!! Open fronts. Installed today, paint will be done next week and fencing material on by the following week. We are also installing removable big bird start/run-up stations. 2 stations allowing pilots to start their 50cc to 400cc without added help!

I SOOOOOO wish I had caught Ron on camera getting tossed 12+ crazy feet when the pole digger STOPPED DEAD from full throttle, that was FUNNY!!!

Seriously from where Ken and I were standing he looked like superman flying, YEHAW!! Even Lester got a turn to go flying!! and he is not small guy! That hole digger has some serious power!! I wonder what it grabbed? Chunks of buried iron perhaps??

tater1 04-19-2010 10:00 PM

The field is looking good,itching for some summer type weather to load up the van,,,

Revy 05-14-2010 08:45 AM

Mowed and cleaned/cleared a ton yesterday! All the extra parking from last year is ready, the first shelf and the fire pit in the nook are cleared as usual. I added extra pit area next to and behind PS #5 as well as the north side of the tables. Added the "grand stand", the little hill directly behind the tables is now cleared too. Lots more room! The proposed track location, south access road and a chunk of area next to it have been cleared for campers. It looks awesome!

Personalized golf/polo shirts have been ordered along with some hats. Should be ready just in time! Painting/staining today, will post pics after.

Vid of My Cap E conversion a few days ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUPuUBWiaXQ

Revy 05-17-2010 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pana of the field as of this weekend...

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/p.../fieldpana.jpg

A pic from the North Gate and one of the camping areas cleared out...

twn 05-17-2010 03:09 PM

AWESOME JOB JASON WOW!!

The camping areas are gona look very nice!! And that runway looks so much bigger than before eh! (ther goes my canadian gurble, eh...)

Be sure to post these pics and news on the other 2 webboards. Stacy tells me that he has been having troubles on rcu, he says his system crashes/freezes when he tries to browse here. I've been trying to figure out why as I never have a problem here...

I'm workin on the trainer this after noon. Getting excited as my new pilot rc yak 30% is in convile on route to the drop point, YIPPIE! But bummer, I don't have the time to assemble it before our event...

I don't know if I told you or not but I had a mishap with my extreme flight yak 54, the right aileron locked up at 45 degrees, WOW that was exciting, first time flying, (I forgot to hit the carbon pushrod with the thin ca on that side, DOH! I had to do a knife edge on a 45 degree and put her down, no damage, thank god! Scared the snot outa me!! I was flying in 15mph wind too, OOPS!

Revy 05-27-2010 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Those get the heart poundin', eh?! Good to hear its in one piece.:D

For those wishing for services when they camp, Williamson Lake Campground is just down the road and quiet...

http://www.williamsonlakecampground.com/,

another good one, but a bit of a drive to the field...

http://www.canadawest.revelstoke.com/,

and this one close to me is nice too...

http://www.revelstokecc.bc.ca/lamplighter/.

When you are coming down Airport Way, keep your eyes peeled for this sign...

Revy 05-29-2010 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We have the HD snow fence on order and numbers to be added to the pilot stations in the next week. With the expected number of pilots, more room will be added to the pit area as well because some more 40%s are coming! WooHoo!!!

The event is now catered as to free up some manpower. "Skratch" will do the honors as Dale has an awesome menu! We gonna eats good!!!!

Here are the shirts and hats. We have only produced enough for club members but they are ready available in town.

Revy 06-04-2010 04:57 PM

One week to go and we have some little things to tidy up, but more or less ready!! We have some big trailers comin'!

Scratch will handle the catering. He has an awesome menu!

Gates are open Friday. 72 mhz protocol and impound in effect. Pilots meeting 9am both days. No nitro/gassers before 8am. Electric parkflyers before/after hours only as we have a couple of neighbors to look out for.

More hats are in, too.

Revy 06-08-2010 03:28 PM

Come on down, gates are open!

Eganwp 06-11-2010 01:57 AM

Can't wait to be there! It's gonna be an awesome event. Revy, I hope you've got the steak marinating! lol. Ken and I will be there around 9am Saturday morning. I'm leaving Calgary WAY too early...

Revy 06-14-2010 12:35 AM

Dude, it was awesome to meet you and Slats! I hope you get the Extra back up in no time. Time to join HUA, brutha!

Just got home and winding down from an awesome week-end! Good people, good times and everyone went home happy and a little sun burnt! Weather was stellar on Saturday and Sunday! I hope everyone got home safe and sound and are contemplating on coming back! I got too busy to snap pics so those with good ones to share, post away!