Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Everything Diesel
What a great diesel conversion!.. Thanks rmteo! >

What a great diesel conversion!.. Thanks rmteo!

Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

What a great diesel conversion!.. Thanks rmteo!

Old 09-02-2003, 11:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a great diesel conversion!.. Thanks rmteo!

Rene,

Last April you sent me a diesel conversion head for my MECOA/Leo .46 and I finally got around to setting it up. Once I got the compression into the ballpark it fires right up, idles smooth and throttles up nicely. It restarts like a charm too. Much easier than I expected.

I am very surprised at how well it compares to my PAW.19 and PAW.35 in ease of use. Best of all there are no leaks much less mess!

I'm wondering if I have found a good setting for compression should I refrain form fiddling around with it or will I need to because of various weather conditions , props , fuel ect.

Also I'm wondering if a 12x4 [or is this too small?] be a good choice for a slow and torquey prop for my 6lb SPAD trainer. I'm not looking for hi performance at the moment just slow and steady pulling power.

Thanks again for the nice work.

I'd love to get some heads for my OS .15LA and OS.40LA
Old 09-02-2003, 11:26 PM

What props and numbers are you getting?
Old 09-02-2003, 11:31 PM

rsieminski,

You'll have to excuse me but I'm a still a newbie and I don't have a tach yet.

Nice website BTW gotta love SPADS.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:31 PM

I posted this in the glow section by accident.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...10#post1356230

Rene,

Last April you sent me a diesel conversion head for my MECOA/Leo .46 and I finally got around to setting it up. Once I got the compression into the ballpark it fires right up, idles smooth and throttles up nicely. It restarts like a charm too. Much easier than I expected.

I am very surprised at how well it compares to my PAW.19 and PAW.35 in ease of use. Best of all there are no leaks much less mess!

I'm wondering if I have found a good setting for compression should I refrain form fiddling around with it or will I need to because of various weather conditions , props , fuel ect.

Also I'm wondering if a 12x4 [or is this too small?] be a good choice for a slow and torquey prop for my 6lb SPAD trainer. I'm not looking for hi performance at the moment just slow and steady pulling power.

Thanks again for the nice work..
Old 09-05-2003, 01:39 PM
ddd

Yes a 12X4 is too small for a .46 diesel, it would be fine for a .25.
A 13X6 should be close to scale and if its a scimitar it would look great. As far as fiddling with the compression is concerned only only doodlers do that. If we felt you had to adjust the compression very often we would have given you an attached handle to turn rather than a wrench to use when necessary.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:32 AM

Thanks for the advise DDD. I thought a 6" pitch would be best suited to speed though?