Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Everything Diesel
Reload this Page >

Got lucky today, both ETA engines run very well!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Got lucky today, both ETA engines run very well!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 03:57 PM
franchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got lucky today, both ETA engines run very well!!!!

Hi All:

As some of you know, I bought a box of many assorted engines and many assorted engine parts. I think that they were all Diesels but had many parts from the glow donor engines. I have been mixing and matching parts and have put together quit a few engines. They are mostly ST but a few gems thrown in for laughs.

There were two ETGA Mach II .15 engines that felt vey good and today, I got them both running! The first one had a spinner nut on that fit the drive cone on my starter so touched the starter to the nut and the thing burst into action. I made a slight adjustment to the compression and mixture and the engine ran very well.

The second engine had a less suitable prop nut so I hand flipped it to get it started. It started and ran on the second flip! When I was done, I checked the prop and to my horror it was a 9x7. I thought that it as a9x4! In any case, the ETA engines ran very well on this prop and fuel! This engine fired right up with just a touch of the electric starter for another run. These engines though old, appear to be very well built and of high quality. One could say. Great sport engines" Now if we could only get ether!

All in all, I had a great day!

Stay well my friends,

Franchi