Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

DC Dart .55cc Marine

Old 02-14-2020, 03:37 AM
RocketRob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DC Dart .55cc Marine

Hello,
i have a little Dart Diesel Marine of .55 cc displacement. Is anyone familiar with these and have ideas on size of boat, prop and what hardware to make the connection. I have a carb from another .5 cc diesel I can adapt so I can have throttle. I posted this in the boat section but not getting any replies.

DC dart marine and aero

DC Dart marine .55cc

Thank you.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:45 AM
sosam117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by RocketRob View Post
Hello,
i have a little Dart Diesel Marine of .55 cc displacement. Is anyone familiar with these and have ideas on size of boat, prop and what hardware to make the connection. I have a carb from another .5 cc diesel I can adapt so I can have throttle. I posted this in the boat section but not getting any replies.

DC dart marine and aero

DC Dart marine .55cc

Thank you.
RocketRob,
Here is an old link to RC User's Group I the boat section that has an engine similar like yours:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...se#post3215418

Here is another link that probably get you more help there than anywhere else. Since you have an old British diesel engine.
You will have to sign up to join into the group, but they will give you all the info you will need.
https://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/

I can give you a starting point?
A "Vee" hull design (like a bass boat) with a length between 14 to 18 long with a beam width between 6 to 7 inches.
Two blade prop size between 1 to 2 inches with a pitch 1.25 to 1.50
The smaller the boat the faster it will be. The larger the boat the slower it will be ( but able to handle choppy water better).

sosam117
Mike Mac
Old 02-25-2020, 07:41 PM
RocketRob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Mike! Great information. I think you are right = thinking the 18" range