Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Carb for merco

Old 05-26-2020, 05:41 PM
erik58
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb for merco

Hello- the carburetor on a merco .29 it has plastic barrel and itís worn out (pos) does the one from the glow .29 work is the neck the same size? Thanks Erik
Old 05-26-2020, 06:48 PM
[email protected]

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ERIK, I don't think you ae going to find many guys that even know "Merco" engines were made at one time, much less know the diameter of the carburetor base. What you have to do is measure ,or have measured the base, in mm or inch decimal fractions, and ask who has one of the same size. A brand named "Perry" is a good one to look for. I have a half dozen but can not help you without knowing the diameter. Luck, Eloy
Old 05-28-2020, 03:18 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The neck on the carb is 9.4mm and extends ~11mm. The very early carbs were extremely crude (RC was just beginning back then) and simply used the CL spray bar through the barrel (I've got one of them in my stash somewhere). Don't lose the grub screws that hold the carb in place because you might have trouble finding any replacements.
Oops, I just realised this is the diesel forum and I only have the glow engines but I'd suspect the carbs will be the same.

Last edited by downunder; 05-28-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:07 PM
erik58
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everybody for the help.I’ve made a rod for it I guess I could machine a carb to fit