Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Starting PAW 06

Old 07-09-2021, 08:01 AM
Rob12344

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting PAW 06

I have recently purchased a Paw 06 with a rc carb but have had trouble starting it, I'm using the recommended prop (8x4) and model technics 1000 fuel. The closest thing to running I have been able to get is a few pops and there is a lot of resistance on the downstroke of the piston. Any advice?
Old 07-17-2021, 02:40 PM
wheelerdan1324

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one which starts easily. Is it brand new? This is what I do. First make sure you have the correct fuel. for a break in I use 1/1/1 castor, kero, ether. Remove the muffler. It makes priming easier. With the fule line disconnected dribble a few drops of fuel into the intake. With the cylinder closed drop a drop of fuel on the port. Hand the proper over a few times and try a quick diesel flick. if the compression is right it should run out the compression. if it does not fire. repeat and raise the compression 1/8 turn. repeat procedure until you get it running the prime out every time for a bout 6-8 times. Now connect the fuel line. Open the needle 1-1/2 turns. Do the run prime thing opening the needle 1/4 turn each time until she is running from the tank. Of it is a new engine, find Adrian Duncan's tratic on break in and follow it. It is important. If you want more you can PM and and we can chat through this. the PAW 06 is a wonderful engine. Dan