Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Lt40 conversion ecytic/vs diesel

Old 05-22-2005, 12:20 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lt40 conversion ecytic/vs diesel

July Fly Rc had an article on an a
conversion of the LT 40 which many of us have as either or glow powered
Quite interesting works well BUT the bottom line AXI brushless and controller $196 (and thats a special by Hobby Lobby) 2 Kokam
3200 Lith batteries $145 each .Almost forget good lith charger $100 to $150 and you might want an other set of batteries at $145 each
I am not bashing electrics the little stuff up to say a 20oz plane you can do a power system with a battery for maybe $125 which I have
for a park flyer this vs an LA 40 $90? davis head $55 (LESS THAN ONE 3200 LITH BATTERY) i WILL PIPE THE EXHAUST AND CLEAN THE PLANE THANK YOU. Of course you still need the reciever and servos for both
So the best you can get away with is about $600 with the charger WOW. and a lot
us fly 4 strk glow looks like you could buy the engine Davis head and a Saito or OS 4stk and still have money left
Just a thought
Oh if you have a rough

landing and puncture the battery or over charge or discharge by by $145 or $290
My last "big one" was my irvine 40 made a sand crater prop broken off to hub, took home in the sink, washed out the sand after
removing back plate flushed with fuel, on the bench and fine martin
And as far as the park flyers go have PAWs 03 and 06 in reverse electric conversions still less hassle fuel and go
Electric spelled wrong on title still have a little problem with right hand after prop run in