Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Finaaly a home for the enya 11d

Old 05-30-2005, 05:56 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finaaly a home for the enya 11d

Hit the local hobby store today and picked up a Lazy Bee arf it can go 400 electric or they say a 15 2 strk, Sure the Enya 11D will do fine
Still have to put together the cub for the OS 10 conversion so will have a choice to fly at the electric field no noise problems here
martin
Also picked up a 2 and 4 oz hayes tank so no stiff tygon clunk line too stiff issue
Off on an other tack mock up of TT10 davis head, By making a mounting plate that bolts thru orginal mount gives me a choice
the Enya is very slightly larger in width so an other plate can be made for an interchange the TT is very well broken in so think
will try it first ( this is update on 2nd post we go with the tt)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22080.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	278342  
Old 05-31-2005, 10:19 PM
Dan Vincent

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Finaaly a home for the enya 11d

Martin,

That Lazy Bee ARF caught my eye some time back. I saw it for $80 someplace.

I'm very interested in how you like it.

My idea was to put it on floats for my local retention pond. From what I hear they fly very slow and should be ideal for my use.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:29 AM
AMB

Dan-- they have a float kit claim its great off water per instructions ( and snow same kit do not to worry about latter)
I also have a wing kit somewhere with ailerons (this is not an arf wing) Did a mock up with the engine will be no issue
running the exhaust thru aluminumtube on side of fus to rear, no clearance issues \
FOOT NOTE have the OS10FP davis head same mounting as enya so can try both would be minutes to change over
also A TT10 or OS 10 davis conversion a lot less bucks if one was going to do this
ALso have an MVVS 09 however it may need more ether or castor to get more preformance ( maye a little too classic for my tastes) since I am not playing making
fuel I use all davis Fuel 1/2A. ABC, or plane fuel if the engines do not go max on any of these its gone martin
Old 06-01-2005, 02:44 PM
AndyBorg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a built up Lazy Bee, one of the last kits Clancy put out. I know this because parts were wrong and the wing plan was missing. No problem I got the dimensions from him for the wing. Anyway the plane flys great at my local park with an MVVS .10 diesel. It ways a ton, because of my building skills (or lack of) and I stll have to back off the power. The local kids love it.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:54 PM
AMB

GREAT ANDY an other Diesel "Park Flyer" is out there maybe we can start a trend or at least do a little retro martin
Old 06-02-2005, 02:57 PM
AndyBorg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth I don't have a clue why my tag says "Algeria" I live in Mission Viejo California. I agree diesels are great for park flyers, too bad there arn't more of us. I hate flying alone.