Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Arne Hende?

Old 11-10-2005, 01:33 AM
SERCEFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arne Hende?

Does Arne Hende still sell engines? Is he a one-man operation? His name comes up quite often.

George
Old 11-14-2005, 10:24 AM
DSLarkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Arne Hende?

Arne contracts with various (mostly eastern European) suppliers who make engines to his specification. Often he uses more than one supplier to produce a complete engine, to avoid the problem of his supplier making extra copies and selling them behind his back. Arne's engines are always very high quality and very interesting.

I don't know Arne's current status. He has been ill with cancer and I haven't heard any recent news.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Dan Vincent

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Arne Hende?

Arne is still alive and kicking.

He stopped by my house a couple of months ago. Arne looked healthier than I've seen him for a long time. He should be back here sometime around the Toledo show next April.

He's been living in Slovakia for the past few years.

I don't think he has anything new on the fire but he did mention another short run of a couple of miniature engines he's done before.

I don't think he has any stock of engines on hand. His engines are gobbled up whenever he makes a run of something.