Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Everything Diesel
 Diesel fuel tank and fuel line requirements >

Diesel fuel tank and fuel line requirements

Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Diesel fuel tank and fuel line requirements

Old 03-30-2006, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel fuel tank and fuel line requirements

I've ordered an RJL diesel conversion head for an OS FP .40 conversion, and a gallon of pre-mixed Davis Diesel fuel. I'm planning on converting a Thunder Tiger trainer, which currently uses a Thunder GP .42. My question is, do I need to make any special modifications to the fuel tank and/or line? This is my first foray into diesel, and my research seems to indicated that silicone tubing won't work. I ordered some special tubing which can be used for gasoline. Do I need to make similar changes with the fuel tank? Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

MI
Old 03-30-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel fuel tank and fuel line requirements

yes u need to replace the fuel line. go to www.towerhobbies.com they have the diesel fuel line that u need. the fuel tank needs to be converted also, towerhobbies might have that as well.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the black Sullivan 6 oz squeeze bulb for filling. Also the Norvel all plastic small syringe works fine. I saw someone using the fuel can with soldered in tubing and a syringe. They connected the line from the fuel can to the tank, and the syringe to the vent line on the fuel can. Used the syringe to push air into the fuel can. That way you can use a glow fuel syringe or whatever. You can get gasoline fuel line in several sizes at your local hardware store. It works fine but gets stiff with use and will need replacing from time to time on a clunk line.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:36 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The neoprene fuel tubing used with gasoline will work. The fuel line of choice for diesels seems to be tygon.

There may be others.

George