Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

homelite 25cc diesel conversion?

Old 05-09-2006, 08:37 PM
grant-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default homelite 25cc diesel conversion?

Can a homelite 25cc leaf blower engine be converted to diesel?
Old 05-09-2006, 08:39 PM
grant-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: homelite 25cc diesel conversion?

Stupid me i some how had it viewing page 3 of the diesel forum so it. LOL
Old 05-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

If it has a separate head and cylinder it would be easy. It would make a fairly strong diesel if it is do-able.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Ralphbf
My Feedback: (27)

You should be able to convert this engine by milling the bottom of the cylinder and using a "contra", I believe, in the spark plug hole.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:36 AM
capin
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I did one a long time ago - you need to close the ring gap up alot. It was harder to start but it ran well once warm, needed a smaller carb- for which I made a insert . I cut the grass at the airfield many times with it , The guys thought it was the neatest thing going.If I recall I was swinging some real big string and when you floored it the thing would twist your arm off. I wish there were more guys trying to make this stuff work because its alot of work but very rewarding when done. There was also a guy who did a mac 28cc where I got the idea. The post was started on 5/28/04 check back in these forums. Brian
Attached Images   
Old 05-10-2006, 07:07 AM
capin
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ralph, you need to remove the cylinder and lathe the top off . I epoxyed the 2 fins below and put nuts under to hold the head on like regular heads are held on. If I remember I made 2 heads for my 160fx os and 2 for my 3000 tiger one of which needed very little "cohersing" to make fit. Although its alot of work there are alot of problems here you have to make work- like ring gap for which Frank Bowman will make anything you want. The head to cylinder fit must be perfect and the fuel system is a whole new ballgame to. You really respect Bob Davis and others for giving so much hard work to make something work which shouldn't !! It was a fuel miser also. If I remember right the ring gap was closed up more then 5 thousandths- memory fading sucks-.When I first tried to start it the contra was almost touching the piston but it started but was weak- when I put the smaller ring in it that was a fix for one problem- next was flywheel effect which IT needed- I put larger string in and drilled 2 new holes for 2 more that helped alot it seemed expecially when trying to make something work which shouldn't. Then I could only open the carb half way and it would cut right off and I mean cut off! so I made a slug for the carb which helped but the new smaller carb did the trick. Finding the right timing was easy but it is on the bigger motors it seems. This was a well broken in motor to start with= I recommend you use a very good motor not a weak junker. After that I was going to do a echo but health went down the tubes and stopped me. Seems echo or stihl are great to start with also. The picture was when it still had the mag and all on it. When the mag and all the extra stuff was removed it became very light to ===a great plane motor=== alot of work but alot of fun- watch all your club members when they smell the diesel and see the smoke ! Brian