Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

that neat diesel smell

Old 05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default that neat diesel smell

Oh guys I can see it now> I left the engine running in my new dodge turbodiesel walked around the back and guess what no smoke and not a trace of diesel smell. I can see it now the new generation of model diesels with minnie converters on the mufflers and no more smoke or that neat diesel smell. (thats a joke) in reality running my enya CX11D at least has that great diesel aroma, my new truck does not. Just think if the technology drifted down to the model diesel size the disenters woould have nothing to complain about
martin
Old 05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Bone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: that neat diesel smell

Same thing here today - I watched a VW Golf TDI burble past - no smoke & absolutely no smell. And when the driver accelerated away, a real nice exhaust sound too.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:52 PM
AMB

Bone this is the new diesel technology in full size, and as I noted before maybe when some of the glow guys buy one they may give model diesels a shot, exposure is education martin
Old 05-19-2006, 07:00 PM
John C

I've got one of each! 2003 Cummins RAM 2500 with 41,000 miles and a 2001 Jetta TDI with 81,000 miles. Ram gets 20 MPG at 75 MPH; TDI gets 51 - lifetime average on the latter is 51.6 MPG (US)

Not to discount my Frog and A-M model Diesels

Only non-Diesel in my fleet is a BMW R850R cycle - 1997 with 36,00 on it.

John C