Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Cox sure start 049

Old 05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cox sure start 049

Just got my new Cox sure start from Cox International installed the Davis head. stuffed a CS 061 carb in the choke tube . Davis 1/A fuel black 6x3MAS 13,000
same RPM as my Golden bee with davis head. cut back on throttle 6000 RPM (of course the needle valve on engine was closed off) and feeding fuel to the carb
With the carb wide open and the engine running at 13000 backed off the compression screw maybe 1/3 to 1/2 turn the result IDENTICAL
6000 turned it back in to original setting 13000
Davis has stated that by adding a servo arm to the top of the compression screw and adjusting via a servo it would achieve the same results as a carb. It sure did, great speed control for a cox did same thing as the carb and no additional cost for a carb
Only issue 3 engines 2 Davis heads so had to do the Bulb snatching thing will order an other head and killer crank from Bob
$15 engine $40 for head and killer crank total $55 can't beat that

Note there is a pix of the servo arm on the compression screw thing maybe 1/2A site?? by some one who has done it

Using the cox base engines and Davis heads for me this is the ultimate in the KISS principle martin
Old 11-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Bugzidor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox sure start 049

I have tested my Cox Sure Start with Davis Diesel head and my own design carb., with a home brew fuel, Thimble drome 6x3" nylon prop., I can get 11,000rpm., while 6x4" MAS., which has more rigidity, can reach 12,000rpm., at idle it can go lower than 5,000rpm. Do you thing that, the engine rev. is high enough for sport flying?
See how it runs :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBpL9...aA&playnext=13