Notices
EvoJet Direct Support When you have questions and need help from the source, discuss the EvoJet here.

WOW!!! EVOJET 180VX

Old 07-01-2012, 06:21 AM
1-large-bob
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW!!! EVOJET 180VX

Hey Guys, I purchase an EVOJET 180vx and its AWESOME, Ive owned two Rino one was the latest version, several Jetcats older version,
The EVO180VX RUNS circles around the competition in all categories, Im in Houston TX. Right now we have 100 deg. temps. Chad at SinCity Jets told me how to set
my settings so that i would never have to adjust the evo ever again no matter what the weather cond. are. Just two changes. This was very simple to do.

DATA terminal was by far the easiest i have ever used. and u can just about adjust anything u want.

THROTTLE response is one second, move the stick and the turbine responded in one second.

FULL THROTTLE 34,000 to 123,000 RPM in just 4 sec. with almost instant stick response, and no spit or sputter what so ever

INSTALLATION very easy, very well illustrated manual

STARTS real nice, no sputter what so ever, that tells me its a very healthy turbine, and the ECU was well designed

I know that i just got this turbine, but by far its the best I have owned, I have 5 flights on my evojet 180vx. AND IT WAS ALL GOOD.
I will keep updates on my EVOJET180VX as I put more flight on it.

Thanks Chad @ SinCity Jets for your support.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 PM
dos007
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: WOW!!! EVOJET 180VX

Do you have any more flights on your evo 180vx? Do you still like the performance?
Old 07-26-2012, 05:43 PM
1-large-bob

Yes im up to 10 flights, i move the turbine to my y/a f-18 and i take off 100ft less,
and i have unlimited vertical. the evo 180vx is still performs very well.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
1-large-bob

WELL GUYS,
IT ONLY TOOK CHAD AT SINCITY JETS 10 MONTH TO PISS ME OFF AFTER BUYING MY FIRST TURBINE TO.
THE FIRST TURBINE AFTER ONE HOUR OF USE THE FUEL PUMP WENT OUT, AFTER INSTALLING IT ON MY F-18, I WAS TOLD I DID SOMETHING WRONG,
TO CONVINCE CHAD THAT IT WAS NOT THE JET, I INSTALLED THE ENTIRE UNIT ON A PIECE OF PLYWOOD AND VIDEO IT. HAD TO SEND THE VIDEO TO
HIM TO PROVE IT WAS NOT MY JET, AND I HAD TO PAY SHIPPING FOR THE NEW FUEL PUMP BOTH WAYS. THE TURBINE WOULD NOT START, THIS WAS ONLY TWO WEEKS AFTER
THE PURCHASE ON THIS UNIT.

THEN IN DECEMBER I PURCHASED A 180VX FROM A DAVID BAXTER, THE TURBINE ONLY HAD 3 HR RUN TIME ON IT. REX BRIANT WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO
START & RUN THIS ENG.
I PUT ONE HOUR ON IT WHEN THE BEARING STARTED TO MAKE NOISE, I HAD TO SHIP IT BACK TO GERMANY, THAT'S $110 BY THE WAY, EVO IN GERMANY CHARGED ME $200 OR SO TO
PUT BEARING IN IT BECAUSE SOME ONE RAN IMPROPER OIL IN THIS UNIT, OF COURSE IT NEVER THERE FAULT.

I THOUGHT THIS THINGS HAD A LIFE TIME WARRANTY UP TO TH 25 HR INTERVAL.

AND BY THE WAY CHAD AT SINCITY JETS IS NOT VERY SUPPORTING WHAT SO EVER ON THIS MATTER, HE THREW EVERYBODY THAT RAN THIS TURBINE UNDER THE BUSS,
INCLUDING ME AND AS U CAN SEE THE POST I PUT UP FOR HIM, WITCH I GREATLY REGRET.

THANKS ROBERT BERNAL
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
1-large-bob

I OWN FOUR OF THIS STUPID THING, ANYBODY NEED A DEAL ON ONE
Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 PM
1-large-bob

I OWN FOUR OF THIS STUPID THING, ANYBODY NEED A DEAL ON ONE
Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The history on that 180vx...

5 great flawless flights at MS AB event in May, 2012

3 more flawless starts and flights on first day at KY in July, 2012.

All new K1 Clear Kero bought from Home Depot sealed 5 gal grounded cans, new unopened Aeroshell Turbine Oil mixed in at both events.
Start up issues at transition from when RPM's were to stabilize from ramp up to idle. Had EvoJet at tech that was attending KY event work on the turbine for 2 hours. Replaced fuel pump, did not fix. Tried new ECU, did not fix, tech tried program parameter changes, did not fix. I believe there were close to 15 start tries which ALL required shutdown.

Was told to send in to Chad at SinCityJets.

Turbine pulled and sent to Chad by owner, David Baxter

Understood turbine was sent to Germany by Chad

Turbine was fixed and returned to owner David Baxter

Turbine was not installed or started after received by Owner, David Baxter

Turbine was sold by owner on RCU in the box as it came back from Germany

Cannot agree in any form with bad oil or bad Kero

I thought a service center was going to be opened in the US toward the end of last year???
Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 PM
1-large-bob

I Robert Bernal purchased this 180vx from David Baxter In November 2012,

I ran it on my kingcat with the turbine turned down to 120,000 rpms, I buy bulk kero, and use Mobil synthetic oil, military app.

After one hour of use, this turbine started making noise, LIKE A BAD BEARING, called chad he told me to send it in, please dont run it any more, your taking a risk.

I agreed, I sent it in, The factory jump right on it, they told me there was black sut in the turbine and the bearings were making the noise. (BLAMED IT ON ME AND THE OTHER OPERATORS, BAD OIL OR FUEL) chad did, the factory didnt under stand were SUT came from

So they clean it and replace the two bearing which only had one hour of use, (The turbine just got back from the factory right before i purchased it) Well I got a bill for $147.90 or so (uero), they normally charge $325 for this repair or service. (BUY THE WAY chad @ sintycity jets THINKS THATS A GREAT DEAL) I got a tex to prove it.

Lets not forget the shipping, the factory did offer to ship it to chad for free and chad was going to send it to me for free, that was great but now chad is MAD AT ME, because Im telling this story, So he emailed the factory to ship it direct to me at my expense, I also sent an email for direct shipping to me.

There should be no repair charges from what i can see, On page 8 of the owner manual it only states use turbine oil, not what brand oil or specific oil to use.

And on page 7 it says warranty covers the FREE REPAIR or replacement of parts that exhibit defects of fabrication or material defects within the warranty period from the date of purchase. HELL its got life time warranty, y do u need a date of purchase. and on a previous post
chad posted a free one time, life time warranty transfer, He also posted that all internal parts were covered under this warranty.

So any way i dont under stand y i got a bill.

Thank for listening to my story.

First time I have said any thing negative about people in this hobby on RCU, I dont like it.

HAPPY KERO BURNING THIS SEASON

Thanks Robert Bernal
#281-793-9433
[email protected]
Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 PM
1-large-bob

Hi Guys,
Well I got my turbine back from Evojet in Germany, a week or so after my payment to the repair center.
I have put an hour or so on it and everything if fine, the turbine is working great, but its still hard to under stand
that I was told all internal parts are covered up to the 25hr interval when they really aren't. the bill was right at $500. with over night shipping back to me.
Thanks Arno for the great repair, But please find a better rep. in the USA.

THANK YOU
Robert Bernal
Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Vacman
My Feedback: (14)

OMG, its Deja vu ! I'm so sorry, but "I've been exactly THERE".
Still waiting for "shipping reimbursement" as promised! Right!