Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > EvoJet Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Trouble starting evojet 160e

Notices
EvoJet Direct Support When you have questions and need help from the source, discuss the EvoJet here.

Trouble starting evojet 160e

Old 09-26-2016, 07:20 PM
RJE
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble starting evojet 160e

Having some trouble getting my ECU to learn my Transmitter. Using a DX18. The startup page continues to read LOCK. Also I am using the 3 click trim setting.. Thank you,
Ron
Old 09-27-2016, 04:13 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have two Evo engines. For best results, email Arno at EvoJet in Germany. He has just replaced the bearings in mine and 25 hour service. Usually answers the questions in a day or two, due to being around the world.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:11 PM
RJE
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it figured out... It was one of the connections..
Thank you,
Ron
Old 10-01-2016, 04:28 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good Morning Ron! I am happy to hear that for you! I had the Ethernet cable on top of the engine intermittent for a few flights until I figured it out. Had a couple flame outs in the air. I have also found that the soft ware doesn't like it if you extend cable for ease of installation. Like the battery cable or installing a switch with too long of cables. They are good engines. I had JetCat prior and will never go back to them. I just had my 170 in for new bearings up grade to the 180, 25 hours service and $120 shipping included for $658. So, no bad considering sending it to Germany. They truly start and run and run and run. Good luck! Dan