Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

improvement on the 4 in 1 for falcon 40

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

improvement on the 4 in 1 for falcon 40

Old 05-17-2007, 02:37 PM
guillehobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default improvement on the 4 in 1 for falcon 40

I bought the falcon 40 a couple of months ago, I haven't been able to fly it decently yet, mostly crashes.
I think the electronics receive a lot of interference. My friends have the blade cx and they seem to have no issues with interference, I am wondering if I could install a 4in1 from a blade cp and a couple of crystals and use it with my transmmiter.
Any thoughts on that?
Thanks.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:59 PM
dooleyje

Default RE: improvement on the 4 in 1 for falcon 40

Hello, I do not think it will work. Is you ant. still wraped around the skids? This could be the problem as the range will be shortened. What is happening when you crash it? I may be able to help better if you could discribe it. Make sure all the controls work in the correct way. A friend of mine just got one and the servos were pluged in the wrong slots.

JIM

PM if you would like.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:13 PM
guillehobby

Hey Jim,
thanks for the reply. But I am pretty sure that the electronics on this bird suck!
I am able to take off from the ground, but it always seem that I am trying to compensate for wherever it wants to go, than me being in control. Sometimes for no reason it takes off forward even after I cut off the power.
If I turn on the controller first and then plug in the battery in the heli, the servos jitter and sometimes the main motor wants to spin without any input by the remote.
I put the antenna inside a plastic tube attached to the skids.
I was thinking that may be a better receiver from a similar heli would work, I know that eflite and esky have similar products.
Anyway if you or anybody have some thoughs that will help, I'll appreciate it.
Thanks again.
Guillermo.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:34 PM
dooleyje

Sorry for not getting back to you. Sound like the Electronics are giving you trouble. Not the best out there. Where did you get it at. If you cgot it in China odds are that the radio FQ could be something odd in the 35mhz range so just about any radio could zap you. Ther is a Falcon 40 thread that you will want to join in this forum.

JIM
Old 07-19-2007, 01:13 PM
badboy1

does any 1 know wat the little hole in the side of the rx does it has a small little adjuster does this adjust the gyro sensitivity cant figur it out i messd with it now my heli wont fly E- mail add. [email protected] pleas sent any answers to my e mail if u can thanks soooo much
Old 07-20-2007, 04:51 AM
mrasmm

that is basically the same as the rudder trim, but with an exanded scale. It controls if the yaw is drifting and you always have to put rudder stick in to hover straight. Check out the venom night ranger Fp manual for more info

also I don't know if the dude that started this ever got it resolved, but yes you can use the blade 4 in 1 in your heli, although I am not sure if it will fix your problem.