Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

EXCEED MADHAWK 300 AIRWOLF???

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

EXCEED MADHAWK 300 AIRWOLF???

Old 02-17-2010, 08:35 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EXCEED MADHAWK 300 AIRWOLF???

since it's 4 ch heli so it banks and turn left as well.

Andy
Old 03-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Eddie48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They lost my order for the Walkera RX2423 receiver I ordered from Hong Kong. So I can give you my order number in a private message and go from there. You can give me the details in a PM about where to send my old receiver back for checkup by a tech.

ORIGINAL: yadac123

ok so if you move the right joystick does the servos move? seems like the speed controller in the 4 in 1 unit is bad. Order number? I can have you send it back for checkup by tech, if it has problems I ill exchange for you.

Andy
ORIGINAL: Eddie48

ok did you make sure you put the left joystick down and the speed trim down. The ESC can not be initialized when the speed trim is not at the lowest. Did you make sure you check the motor and make sure the motor is working? You can get a piece of wire and connect a AA batteries into the motor and see if it spins.

Andy
Ichecked the motor with a piece of wire and it did spin.
I have the left joystick down and the speed trim down, I have a solid steady red light on the receiver,but left joystick still doesnot work.

oh well...

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Old 03-12-2010, 07:27 PM
yadac123

see my PM to you.

Andy
Old 03-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Eddie48

I got my Exceed RX2423 receiver back, I plugged everything back into it and the main and tail rotors did spin, but after a few seconds smoke starting coming from the heli. So I unplugged the battery, waited a while and tried spinning up the rotors, they spun for a few seconds but then the burning smell came back again. Then I pushed the transmitters left stick up and nothing happened, no rotors spinning.

Could this be a burned out tail motor? The main motor seems okay.

- Ed

They lost my order for the Walkera RX2423 receiver I ordered from Hong Kong. So I can give you my order number in a private message and go from there. You can give me the details in a PM about where to send my old receiver back for checkup by a tech.

ok so if you move the right joystick does the servos move? seems like the speed controller in the 4 in 1 unit is bad. Order number? I can have you send it back for checkup by tech, if it has problems I ill exchange for you.

Andy

ok did you make sure you put the left joystick down and the speed trim down. The ESC can not be initialized when the speed trim is not at the lowest. Did you make sure you check the motor and make sure the motor is working? You can get a piece of wire and connect a AA batteries into the motor and see if it spins.

Andy
I have the left joystick down and the speed trim down, I have a solid steady red light on the receiver,but left joystick still doesnot work.

oh well...

Old 04-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Eddie48

I found out it was a servo that fried, smoke was coming from the servo...
I was just reading the thread below about burning up servos...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95...tm.htm#9572789

I got my Exceed RX2423 receiver back, I plugged everything back into it and the main and tail rotors did spin, but after a few seconds smoke starting coming from the heli. So I unplugged the battery, waited a while and tried spinning up the rotors, they spun for a few seconds but then the burning smell came back again. Then I pushed the transmitters left stick up and nothing happened, no rotors spinning.

Could this be a burned out tail motor? The main motor seems okay.

- Ed

Andy

Andy

oh well...

Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM
yadac123

ok so the servo is burned then do not use it. You still have a working servo so please test that servo on both slot on the receiver to verify and make sure it's still working.

Andy
Old 04-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Eddie48

You're right, I have one working servo, I'll test it on both sides/slots and get back to you...
Thanks...

ok so the servo is burned then do not use it. You still have a working servo so please test that servo on both slot on the receiver to verify and make sure it's still working.

Andy
Old 04-07-2010, 03:54 AM
Eddie48

It was NOT the servo that burned, the smoke was coming from the main motor. I tested the servos and they're fine.
I just ordered a new main motor...

Every time I plug the battery into the receiver, the servos move the swashplate into a position that's not level. See photo...
Does this need to be corrected?

[quote]ORIGINAL: Eddie48

I found out it was a servo that fried, smoke was coming from the servo...
I was just reading the thread below about burning up servos...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35365.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	1413602  
Old 04-07-2010, 07:34 PM
yadac123

No, you do not need to correct this because @ start up the servos are not center because the radio and receiver hasn't established communication yet. Once radio and receiver is linked up and the swashplate is still not leveled then you have to make adjustments.

Andy
Old 04-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Eddie48

The radio and receiver has established communication, this is what the swashplate looks like with them both on. I don't have the main motor connected yet, if that makes a difference in the swashplate not being level.
see photos below...

No, you do not need to correct this because @ start up the servos are not center because the radio and receiver hasn't established communication yet. Once radio and receiver is linked up and the swashplate is still not leveled then you have to make adjustments.

Andy

Name:	ca81714.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	1415001   Click image for larger version

Name:	ca82912.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	1415002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95197.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1415003  
Old 04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
yadac123

ok after it got initialized are you able to control the servos? if yes, that means you need to remove the arm from the servo and reposition them. Make sure when you do that the trim on the right joystick are centered.

Andy
Old 04-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Eddie48

Yes, okay I'll remove the arm from the servo and reposition them.

I can use an Tenergy 25C 900mAh 7.4V 2 cell battery with the Madhawk 300, it's the same battery I used for my Blade CX2, I'd just have to tape it into the holder because it's a narrow battery. I accidently damaged the red and black wires on my 7.4V 2 cell 1000mAh battery because I was trying to gently put it into the holder. Smoke started to come from the battery wires, so I don't know if it is good or not. See photos below...

Other than that everything works on the Madhawk 300, the main blades and tail rotor blades all spin with the 900 mAh battery attached. I put a heat sink on the 370 main motor to help keep it cool.

ok after it got initialized are you able to control the servos? if yes, that means you need to remove the arm from the servo and reposition them. Make sure when you do that the trim on the right joystick are centered.

Andy

Name:	ig12844.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	1418304   Click image for larger version

Name:	ca80459.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	1418305   Click image for larger version

Name:	om32552.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	1418306  
Old 04-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Eddie48

I did a small test flight outside and all it wanted to do was fly backwards, no forward momemtum at all, even with the right stick pushed full forward.
Oh well...

I can use an Tenergy 25C 900mAh 7.4V 2 cell battery with the Madhawk 300, it's the same battery I used for my Blade CX2, I'd just have to tape it into the holder because it's a narrow battery. I accidently damaged the red and black wires on my 7.4V 2 cell 1000mAh battery because I was trying to gently put it into the holder. Smoke started to come from the battery wires, so I don't know if it is good or not. See photos below...

Other than that everything works on the Madhawk 300, the main blades and tail rotor blades all spin with the 900 mAh battery attached. I put a heat sink on the 370 main motor to help keep it cool.

Andy
Old 04-19-2010, 03:45 AM
Eddie48

I guess I'll just have to fly it backwards from now on...

I did a small test flight outside and all it wanted to do was fly backwards, no forward momemtum at all, even with the right stick pushed full forward.
Oh well...

Andy
Old 04-26-2010, 01:54 AM
yadac123

ok the battery is no good so do not use it unless you know how to solder and fix broken joint, otherwise it's too dangerous to fix the battery and it's not worth it. When you throttle up without the motor connected to the ESC, does the swashplate level all the time?

Andy
Old 04-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Eddie48

When I push up on the left stick (throttle), the swashplate is level all the time. The tail rotor spins. It (swashplate) does move a little when I move the right stick. I'll discard the battery and use my other battery.
Here's a youtube video I made of the test...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvM3S4utW4[/youtube]

ok the battery is no good so do not use it unless you know how to solder and fix broken joint, otherwise it's too dangerous to fix the battery and it's not worth it. When you throttle up without the motor connected to the ESC, does the swashplate level all the time?

Andy
Old 05-23-2010, 07:52 AM
formula87

reading this thread and I am thinking of getting this helo.   Have you gotten these problems straighten'd out or are you still not flying ????
Old 05-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Eddie48

I'm not flying now, I have flown this helicopter before, but it does not fly very well.
I'm just going to buy another helicopter, and maybe see if I can get the problems with the Madhawk 300 worked out.

ORIGINAL: formula87

reading this thread and I am thinking of getting this helo. Have you gotten these problems straighten'd out or are you still not flying ????
Old 06-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Eddie48

I've got a new helicopter now, so I'm going to delete my youtube video.
Thanks for your help.

I'm not flying now, I have flown this helicopter before, but it does not fly very well.
I'm just going to buy another helicopter, and maybe see if I can get the problems with the Madhawk 300 worked out.

reading this thread and I am thinking of getting this helo. Have you gotten these problems straighten'd out or are you still not flying ????

Old 06-14-2010, 04:16 PM
formula87

What did you get??????????

Thanks for your help.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Eddie48

I got this little micro heli from eflite, since I already have a Blade CX2 I just binded it with my LP5DSM 2.4 GHz transmitter. It's just a little heli to play with until I decide what bigger helicopter to get. The Madhawk 300 was okay for a while, but the battery holder for the Madhawk 300 was really not designed very well. I'm just mentioning the Madhawk 300 to stay on topic.

Here's a link to the micro heli I have now...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH2380

What did you get??????????

Thanks for your help.

Name:	Xv65553.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1453494  
Old 06-15-2010, 04:15 PM
formula87

Cool I just picked up a MCX standard fuselage at my LHS. these are great 4 channels to learn on.  I may move on to a Blade SR or mabye go for the cheaper madhawk series but is is not that much more for the Blade sr and it is CP and Brushless.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Eddie48

I'd get the Blade SR, it's better than the Madhawk series.

Cool I just picked up a MCX standard fuselage at my LHS. these are great 4 channels to learn on. I may move on to a Blade SR or mabye go for the cheaper madhawk series but is is not that much more for the Blade sr and it is CP and Brushless.