Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

is exceed rc good????....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:29 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is exceed rc good????....

Thanks for the feedback FireBird. It's good to know. I wonder if the other 1/10 brands, parts will fit the Forza? LOL would be nice huh?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:12 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: yadac123

if that is true then redcat and himoto brand are the same as well since they all come from the same assembly line.

Andy
ORIGINAL: markie321

nothing exceed makes is worth do do unless ou rebuid it right out of the box junk

Yadac123, i have had a few members who have pointed out that you keep refering to himoto and redcat when people call exceed junk or worthless. Just for your information, himoto has designers and engineers that work for us, thats why we have a rock crawler, megap truck, truggy and buggy, also new stuff like the 2 speed viper 1/10 truck and a few other models that no one sells but us. Just so you know, they are not made on the same assembly line, we design, engineer and manufacure our own rc's in house. We do sell the hispeed line of rc's because we need to keep our clients happy with parts availability so we cannot just drop that line of rc's. When someone comes to us and says our products are junk, we dont mention anything about exceed or redcat and i would appreciate you do the same. Just a suggestion from me to you, try to give support to the people that are upset and not just compare your products to other companies. There is also a quality control that is paid for when rc's are produced, the more you pay for it the more you get.

Thanks

Eddie
Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 PM
kuppler

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

if that is true then redcat and himoto brand are the same as well since they all come from the same assembly line.

Andy

nothing exceed makes is worth do do unless ou rebuid it right out of the box junk

Yadac123, i have had a few members who have pointed out that you keep refering to himoto and redcat when people call exceed junk or worthless. Just for your information, himoto has designers and engineers that work for us, thats why we have a rock crawler, megap truck, truggy and buggy, also new stuff like the 2 speed viper 1/10 truck and a few other models that no one sells but us. Just so you know, they are not made on the same assembly line, we design, engineer and manufacure our own rc's in house. We do sell the hispeed line of rc's because we need to keep our clients happy with parts availability so we cannot just drop that line of rc's. When someone comes to us and says our products are junk, we dont mention anything about exceed or redcat and i would appreciate you do the same. Just a suggestion from me to you, try to give support to the people that are upset and not just compare your products to other companies. There is also a quality control that is paid for when rc's are produced, the more you pay for it the more you get.

Thanks

Eddie

AGREE 100% with you eddie...
Old 11-22-2008, 01:59 AM
jpilkinton

I too have to agree with Eddie. Just because something is the same as the other doesn't mean it came off the same assembly line. That is a fact. The same goes for everything. I for one work at an ammunition plant and our ammunition has the same dimensions as our competitors. The only difference is the headstamp(company name, logo, ect...) Otherwise, you would be forced to buy one company's type of cartridge for your gun. And I know FOR SURE, we don't produce our competitor's ammunition on our assembly lines..
That is just plain silly. And another fact, I can promise you, quality control is different from company to company.
Lets just say even if they did come off the same assembly line(example: Saturn autos vs. Chevrolet autos made at GM) and the Saturn was rated as junk, that doesn't make Chevrolet junk.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:06 PM
chevyderek72

Andy

Thanks

Eddie
ok but the thing is that someone says that the forza is junk, so redcat and himoto both make the same exact buggy. exactly the same to me, i had a redcat and an exceed buggy and they were exactly the same to me. everything. sooooo, that means that if someone says that the exced forza is junk, than theoretically the redcat tornado and the himoto whatever is junk too. but because exceed doesnt make a megap or crawler then they arent saying those are junk too, yadac is only saying that if exceeds cars are junk, than that means that redcats and himotos would be the same, as long as they are the same car, infinity, volcano, viper. so you can say your plastic is better and can take one more oz before it breaks or whatever you wanna say, but they are the same to me, (given its the same car like i said and not a megap or whatever). and he wasnt saying that redcat and himoto are junk, he was just saying that theoretically they are.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:28 AM
ehroof

I am not looking for an argument here, if someone is complaining about "your" product, give them support, explain why your produtct is good, back it up with facts, dont just shoot off how your product is the same as other companies. They may be similar but they are NOT the same, sometimes small differences such as the plastic, engines used, etc can make a very large difference in the performance and durability of a vehicle, its that simple. Give support not just comparisons to other companies and products.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:28 AM
yadac123

I'm sorry if you guy think I'm trying to give himoto, redcat, and hispeed a bad name but I'm not. I've simply pointed out the fact that they are all off the same assembly line and that's all. Yes even when they are from the same assembly line but with different parts yield different levels satisfaction. I see that you guy are actively participating in my forum then it's logical for me to include you guys in the conversation.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I can see it from your point of view there Andy, and yes, Exceed has taken some licks as far as people who have tried them and are dissatisfied. But you do hang in there and do a great job in giving customer service, and from what I have read here in your forum, you have given better customer support than Exceed itself.

But what I think the others are only asking politely that you don't drag them into the Exceed dissatisfactions of a few customers. Yes, it is one thing to seek them as allies, but it is also another thing to assume they will jump on your side automatically. If anything, ask them to help support you in backing your product's quality by asking them to give testimony of how the equivalent RC sold by Himoto and RedCat are not as bad as percieved. If you ask them, I gaurantee they will help you out with all sorts of info and even hop-ups they have discovered to improve their equivalent RCs. And of course, those improvents can be brought and applied 100% to Exceed RCs. But if you presume they will jump to you just by saying theirs is just like yours, that can be construed as you dargging them into an argument or flame war that is about to erupt (which is what most of us are trying to prevent or avoid).

As for problems, keep a record of what customers are concerend about. The electronics for example. RC Driver has given a test of some HSP stuff, an Exceed Tectonic in particular. David Harrington, the reviewer in that article gave high marks on this truck, but he called the electronics questionable. And of course, others here have descrivbed in detail their problems with the RTR radio gear.
With the documentation of what the common problems are, go ahead and pass the information up to Exceed so they can make improvements. The radio problems might be very easy to fix at the factories and you just eliminated one more problem that people used to bash the product about.

You have been doing a great job providing support, getting orders pushed through, and making sure products get to the customers when they submit orders. And as I said before, from what I have read in this forum, you have given better support than what the customers have gotten directly from Exceed Support. Keep up the good job, if anything, people will remember you and what you did for them, even if their expereince with Exceed might not have been the best.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:06 PM
mattbeginner123

EXCEED SUCKSSSS!!!!!BIG TIME!!!!!! I BOUGHT A HYPER 7 AND THE ONLY THING THAT BROKE WAS THE PULLSTART AND IVE HAD IT FOR A YEAR!!!! NOT LIKE THIS CHINESE MADE ****!!!!! CHINA HAS DESRTOYED US!!!! WITH THESE ****ING RECALL TOYS!!! MY FRIENDS SON DIED FROM PLAYING WITH THE LED IN THE TOY!!! I HATE CHINA AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE IN CHINA AGAIN!!! THOSE CHEAP *******S KILLED OUR ECONOMY AND OUR PRECOUIS RC CARS.!!!! THANKS ALOT FOR DESTROYING MILLIONS OF LIVES!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 PM
ehroof

Where do you think your hyper 7 is made, lol
Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 PM
yadac123

Thanks SAVAGEJIM

mattbeginner123 FYI exceed rc doesn't make the hyper 7

Andy
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Frozenshade

Where do you think your hyper 7 is made, lol
Yep haha.

Mattbeginner, just about all these cars are made in Asia, except Traxxas I think. They are headquartered in Texas, about 40 minutes from my home, but I am not sure if they assemble their products here, or in another location.

By the way, the Hyper 7 is made by Hobao, which is in Taiwan actually. Ofna, headquartered in California, only imports and distributes them.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:36 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: mattbeginner123

I BOUGHT A HYPER 7 AND THE ONLY THING THAT BROKE WAS THE PULLSTART AND IVE HAD IT FOR A YEAR!!!!
If that's the only thing that broke, I wouldn't be complaining. You can only pull it so far out you know. Buy a rotostart backplate.
I would have had that fixed in 2 days or less.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 AM
mattbeginner123

I DIDNT SAY THE HYPER 7 WAS EXCEEDS!!! LEARN HOW TO READ[X(] I ALREADY FIXED THE PULLSTART A REALY HAD TO CHANGE WAS THE FILTERND ITS FINE IT GOES UP TO 60-80MPH AND THE ONLY THING IVE REALLY HAD TO CHANGE WAS THE FILTER... I BUGHT THIS CAR A YEAR AGO WHEN IT WAS STIL BEING MADE IN GOOD QUALITY. MY FRIEND WHO LIVES NEAR ME BOUGHT ONE ALSO CUZ I RECOMMENDED IT TO HIM AND AFTER A MONTH IT WAS DESTROYED!!!! HE HAD TO CHANGE EVERYPART.. HE COULD OF BOUGHT THREE CARS WITH THE MONEY HE WASTED FIXING IT. AND WE DROVE IN THE SAME PLACES...
Old 11-25-2008, 01:08 PM
jpilkinton

I DIDNT SAY THE HYPER 7 WAS EXCEEDS!!! LEARN HOW TO READ[X(] I ALREADY FIXED THE PULLSTART A REALY HAD TO CHANGE WAS THE FILTERND ITS FINE IT GOES UP TO 60-80MPH AND THE ONLY THING IVE REALLY HAD TO CHANGE WAS THE FILTER... I BUGHT THIS CAR A YEAR AGO WHEN IT WAS STIL BEING MADE IN GOOD QUALITY. MY FRIEND WHO LIVES NEAR ME BOUGHT ONE ALSO CUZ I RECOMMENDED IT TO HIM AND AFTER A MONTH IT WAS DESTROYED!!!! HE HAD TO CHANGE EVERYPART.. HE COULD OF BOUGHT THREE CARS WITH THE MONEY HE WASTED FIXING IT. AND WE DROVE IN THE SAME PLACES...
^ How can we understand anything you type with spelling skills like that? [X(] Learn some grammar dude....^
You stated that exceed sucks and you bought the hyper 7 giving everyone the impression that you thought exceed made the hyper 7.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Evil Ernie

Maybe Canadian keyboards only come in caplock with no spell check....

Stop feeding the troll. He'll move along eventually.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:49 AM
Frozenshade

I've had my Hyper for 4 months or so with no broken parts, and it runs the track just fine. Funny thing how pull starts don't break if you don't yank on them like the lawn mower cord. They still make Hyper 7s just the same as always, and I think your friend needs to learn to drive without crashing, and how to properly clean and maintain an RC car. Might help a bit.

By the way.

1. Learn spelling and grammar. (You can't exactly tell someone to learn to read when you type like that)
2. Congratulations. You can use the caps lock key. It doesn't make you cool.
3. A stock Hyper 7 can go 50 mph, tops. If you put in a two speed tranny and a .28 engine, then maybe 60 to 70 mph.